↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Number of Land Rover Dealerships UK to be drastically cut
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Number of Land Rover Dealerships UK to be drastically cut
Anyone seen this article, hope they will all have large workshop’s. They are going to need them
https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/ex...ars/281052 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #985290 12th Mar 2023 5:31pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I think it's the number of Jaguar dealerships to be cut rather than Land Rover ones. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #985292 12th Mar 2023 5:51pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Agree with LandRoverAnorak, reading the article is appears to be the Jaguar side that is going to be cut. Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #985300 12th Mar 2023 7:29pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
In Europe last week JLR had announced to it dealer network there that they were cutting the sales margins from 18% to 9%.

To my mind it felt as if JLR would rather they leave the fold by their own means rather than risk being sued if they just announced that they were cutting support in one fell swoop.

As the EV nonsense continues, plus consumer confidence in EV ownership declining, EV depreciation making car ownership pointless, councils that would rather be anti the people that they are paid to serve, a tyre tax and vehicle weight tax that has been spoken of as well as the ordinary person being priced out of the style of vehicle that would suit their needs.

JLR knows unless it attracts only the rich who are happy enough to pay for a depreciating liability or drastically starts to build hatchback sized vehicles it just doesn't have the capital to support multiple dealers with sales staff playing solitaire on their PC's when the boss isn't looking.

In online configurator already proves that the consumer would rather sit at home and build their three year vehicle than sit next to an ex BMW salesman that has a leased Evoque and hasn't even been on the Land Rover Experience driving day (based on my wife's LR buying experience).

TATA are threating to move a battery building centre to Europe if the government doesn't fund it with taxpayer money (the majority of which would never buy a JLR product even if they wanted to, surely the tax payer is sick to death funding the rich). So TATA could move vehicle production to Europe, reduce the range to the FFRR, RRS, Defender and Discovery Sport, concentrate on better battery technology and hope the German market will get the go ahead to keep ICE vehicles if they can use renewable petrol / fuel

Chances are the remaining dealer network will become Approved New sales and new vehicle 'hand over' centres, if not a home delivery service.

The world we had is rapidly going, to world to come will suck.
Post #985310 12th Mar 2023 8:12pm
Tim in Scotland

My local JLR dealership which is part of the John Clark group has already lost its Jaguar franchise quite recently, but they still have a large selection of new and used Jaguars on their forecourt. When I was hovering about taking my 90 I condidered taking one of their high spec unregistered I-Paces at an attractive discount on list. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #985408 13th Mar 2023 1:50pm
hootintootin

United Kingdom 
Is it also linked with JLR moving to direct selling through the agency model rather than through franchised dealers?
Post #985425 13th Mar 2023 5:27pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Yes, that's one of the things that the article suggests. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #985486 14th Mar 2023 8:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1