is it good quality?

will it hold a couple of Wolf boxes ? Defender D250 HSE
Dender 110 XS - sadly gone
VW Polo
VW Caravelle - Gen 6
Post #985939 17th Mar 2023 1:30pm
haymeister

Japan 
It's decent quality. Simon in the powerfuluk video actually laid in it so it can take a good amount of weight.
It makes the boot a lot more useful, plus if you have wet things like ski boots/helmets etc. you can store your dry stuff on the rack.
I don't use wolf boxes so can't comment there. 22MY Defender 110 D300 S in Pangea Green and Contrast White Roof
IG defender_japan "Hulk san"
Post #986144 20th Mar 2023 7:09am
XplusYplusZ

No experience with it, but I like the concept - the cargo area footprint is ok, but the vertical space is where these vehicles really come into their own. Having a shelving solution to make more use of that vertical space is a great idea in general.

A couple of points I've been considering:

1. Does it fit your primary use for the cargo area? Or does the reduced flexibility make it a little less useful?
- Would doggo be happy underneath it
- Do you carry taller stuff, regularly (my mrs loves a bargain ebay furniture purchase..)
- Do you have/use the 3rd row much
If it was clip in, rather than bolt in, this reduced flexibility might not be so much of a problem. But I guess there's safety concerns there.

2. Security - Living in a city, I like being able to hide away kit under the non-descript "cat hammock". This shelf essentially presents your expensive looking wolf-boxes at eye level. (Little does the thief know mine would probably only contain a pair of dirty wellies, some bunjee cords and a dog bowl!)
I think this is the real deal breaker for me.
Post #986165 20th Mar 2023 11:54am
C&M

United Kingdom 
all good points and some I had not considered

I think the PowerfulUK version comes with Thumb Screws so does make it easier to remove if SWMBO decides to buy something big at a moments notice so is sort-of workable for me. and I dont have 7 seats

the dogs are the biggest concern and for short journeys they maybe OK and lying down below it. I just wish I could fit a door to the bottom to keep them in when the door is open. but this just adds to the complexity Big Cry

for me, i think I really need the one that was produced for the D4 - a roof basket to keep all the stuff like pac-a-macs, gloves , dogs leads etc from messing the floor space up.

I think I need to live with mine a few weeks

luckily for me, security isnt an issue -SWMBO is always leaving her car open over night. and has been known to even leave the door wide open. she doent have access to my Defenders for obvious reasons Rolling with laughter Defender D250 HSE
Dender 110 XS - sadly gone
VW Polo
VW Caravelle - Gen 6
Post #986168 20th Mar 2023 12:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1