↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 46 of 89 <123 ... 454647 ... 878889>
Print this entire topic · 
forzahog

United States 2016 Defender 110 Other Works V8 Auto Fuji White
You can run the routine, it's not difficult. It has you drive for quite a while, but it's pretty straightforward. That said, I did that while beta testing and going back and forth in email with Pat at Gap. It didn't allow activation and they all appear to be aligned already from the factory. Mine was functioning within operable ranges before and after alignment. 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #1005067 21st Aug 2023 10:35pm
Adamalli

United States 
Stevemfg over on the landroverforums said this

"Unfortunately at the moment ACC can not be activated through the IIDTool. This is the only ECU's CCF setting that the IIDTool can not modify. We know what the issue is and are looking for the best solution. Sorry. We'll let you know as soon as we have a clear path forward."

https://landroverforums.com/forum/2020-def...post871954
Post #1005074 22nd Aug 2023 12:43am
MickD

United States 
Hairy Dan wrote:
MickD wrote:
After using it for a few minutes I noticed some odd behavior
- Approach unlock / lock doesn't work
- I can unlock the car using the button on the door handle, but I cant lock it that way

Anyone know if that's expected? I could understand approach unlock/lock not functioning as it seems the band is very conservative with power so it may not be broadcasting all the time. But it's strange that the lock button does not work.

The rear hatch functions normally.

This is what happens on my MY2022 so I gave up with it, by the way do you have the approach lock/unlock switched on in your Pivi settings?

Well I may have screwed myself -- I thought perhaps removing the activity key and re-adding it might resolve the issue. I looked in the documentation and saw that there is no option to remove a key, so instead I attempted to add the key again. Unfortunately now the activity key does not work at all.

When I run the routine to check the number of keys programed it returns 3 programmed but only 2 present. (even though all 3 are present)

Do you know if there is any way to add this key again?

I messaged GAP support but they're on holiday.

Edit: I factory reset the activity key in hopes that the car would see it as new. When I attempted to add it again the car recognized it as already paired, so that it didn't work.
Post #1005255 23rd Aug 2023 9:53pm
Ratledge

United States 2016 Defender 90 300 Tdi SW Auto Stornoway Grey
The setting for Walkaway locking and Approach unlocking only turns on the ability to use it. Look at your settings in Pivi and turn them both on.
Post #1005282 24th Aug 2023 10:20am
MickD

United States 
Approach lock/unlock is enabled in the UI and working with my key fobs. This issue is specific to the activity key.
Post #1005318 24th Aug 2023 4:23pm
Ratledge

Don't have an activity key to test, sorry.
Post #1005395 25th Aug 2023 10:34am
Ratledge

Guys, I have a strange issue, be cause if I go to Save/Restore, my only option is to restore.

I have never seen that option, so I have no way to retreat if I muck it up. Likely new user dumb-@ question, but... ??

Beyond that, I haven't been able to complete the export to send myself a copy, either.

Is there a group working on decyphering the mystery regions? Any mapping notes?
Post #1005606 27th Aug 2023 9:25pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Ratledge have you got the newest version of the app and are you running the latest firmware on your IID tool? I'm not saying this is the issue but it's always best to be on the latest versions. if I were you I would drop Pat or Steve an email at gapteam@gap-diagnostic.com I know Pat has been on holiday but he's back this week Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1005615 27th Aug 2023 11:54pm
Ratledge

Done. Thanks, Ian!

I want to look for a few things.
Post #1005617 28th Aug 2023 12:17am
pjeski

United States 
NoWayMe wrote:
starbai wrote:

I updated the firmware straight out of the box and downloaded the latest version of the app from the app store. Used it for the first time after the firmware was updated.

I activated my tool, tied it to my car and read the ccf file. I made a number of edits (known working things) and went to write the ccf to the car. It uploads I think ok (to 100%) and then it says ccf upload failed.
​​​​​​​

Exact same thing happened to me. Just received tool. Followed updating, activation steps to a T. Started small with the 007 edit only. Appears to upload fully and then says upload failed. I read in a later post Patrick is aware of this issue so will patiently wait to hear from him I guess?!

It's fixed. You should contact Patrick.
Post #1005779 29th Aug 2023 6:27pm
starbai

United States 
Yes Confirmed that its fixed.

I'm not sure if you really need to contact Patrick. Just update the Firmware again. Yes I know that the version number is the same, but they must have corrected something on their end because that is all he asked me to do and then it worked.
Post #1005785 29th Aug 2023 6:51pm
pjeski

United States 
starbai wrote:
I'm not sure if you really need to contact Patrick. Just update the Firmware again. Yes I know that the version number is the same, but they must have corrected something on their end because that is all he asked me to do and then it worked.

I imagine you are right, but I asked if I should report what I did or ask people to contact him, and he replied "yes they should contact us..."
Post #1005787 29th Aug 2023 6:56pm
starbai

United States 
Ahh gotcha. well then by all means Very Happy

If you're super impatient like me, I suppose you could do both in parallel. Cool
Post #1005791 29th Aug 2023 7:21pm
starbai

United States 
I've read through most of this thread already and I have to say you guys are fantastic! I'm hoping to contribute as we move forward.

One thing I'd like to accomplish is to remove the dimming of the DRLs when the headlights (or fog lights) are on. May be juvenile, but I like the look of the vehicle with just the fog lights on with the DRLs, but hate that they dim as soon as you turn them on (without the headlights on).

I saw and implemented removing the dimming with the turn signals and hazards. but want to remove the dimming with the headlights.

Any one have any suggestions on how to get it done or if its possible?
Post #1005802 29th Aug 2023 7:56pm
starbai

United States 
Vitalka wrote:
Changed MultiCan-468 from Incorporated DRL and Pos to Incorporated DRL and DI and now the little squares light up in yellow as DRL Very Happy

I tried this for the hell of it, and I was hoping that it would keep the DRL AS WELL AS ADD the yellow boxes. Instead it seems like one or the other. Bummer. but would have been cool.
Post #1005803 29th Aug 2023 7:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 46 of 89 <123 ... 454647 ... 878889>