↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 80 <123 ... 8910 ... 787980>
Print this entire topic · 
pllr

United States 
Hairy Dan wrote:
Also looking through the new beta version it looks like some more acc settings are available

MultiCAN-712 ACC Lead Car Distance Display
Not Fitted
MultiCAN-712 ACC Stop Gap Select
Not Supported
MultiCAN-712 ACC Accel Profile Select
Not Supported

These setting are what my car shows so not 100% sure this is the answer to the people having problems setting it up. Confused

When you say "new beta version," is that a new app update? Or new firmware update to the tool?

I downloaded the latest app and firmware as of Tuesday afternoon, and I don't see those settings (e.g., MultiCAN-712).
Post #973110 1st Dec 2022 6:23pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
It's a new app update which is sounds like you have if you updated on Tuesday Thumbs Up If you don't see the settings have you clicked on show unsupported? Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #973113 1st Dec 2022 6:54pm
forzahog

United States 2016 Defender 110 Other Works V8 Auto Fuji White
Patrick had to enable something ("full list"?) for my account and then they showed up for me. 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #973114 1st Dec 2022 7:05pm
pllr

United States 
First, I love this board!

Second, how is everyone feeling about the Dynamic settings? Are they pretty reliably set and work correctly?

These settings from @Matt4x4's summary posting:

- Dynamic Mode

EUCD-245 Dynamic-I
Standard: Dynamic-i Not Fitted
Changed to: Dynamic-i Content with Configurable Dynamic Mode Screen

MultiCAN-562 DynamicProgMode
Standard: Not available for selection
Changed to: Available for selection without timeout
Other possible value: Available for selection with timeout

MultiCAN-605 ConfigDynamicMode
Standard: Not Fitted
Changed to: Fitted
Post #973120 1st Dec 2022 8:25pm
Hairy Dan

I have those settings and it works as it should (I think) The only difference with mine is that my dials don't get the red accents, my cabin lighting is usually blue but when I change to Dynamic mode it it all goes red Twisted Evil Laughing It definitely tightens up the steering and throttle response and if you put it into sport mode it will hang onto a gear until you change it. Personally I probably won't use it too much as now I'm retired I'm never in a hurry to get anywhere Laughing but it's nice to know it's there if I ever should need it Whistle Laughing Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #973131 1st Dec 2022 9:43pm
zhihong.james

Canada 
umbertob wrote:
So far I have been able to program a new Activity Key to my 2020 D110 HSE using the IIDTool (the built-in routine to program the "regular" key fobs apparently works just as well for the Activity Key), and considering that my local dealer charged me nearly US$300, not including the cost of the Activity Key itself, for no more than a minute of labor to program my first Activity Key, this tool has already paid for more than half of itself today. Very Happy

By carefully turning on a number of CCF settings, I was also able to enable Dynamic driving mode (basically an additional Terrain Response mode not available for my P400 engine), along with the Dynamic-I interface on the touchscreen that includes customizable Dynamic settings switches, a lap timer, a stopwatch and a g-force meter. Very cool.

Haven't looked at whether ECO or other TR modes could become defaults - will look into that eventually. Right now, I'd love to be able to enable Global Windows Close with the remote (here in the US, only Global Windows open works, Global close is disabled and I have yet to find the entry in the CCF to make it behave like a ROW vehicle.)

Anyway, it's pretty exciting to see how much work the guys at GAP have already done for our platform, considering this is supposed to be a beta version. I found a couple of bugs, they were corrected within minutes of me reporting them! All EAS calibration programs appear to work without hiccups and seem stable. Lots of useful routines in the Service / Test section... This looks every bit as promising as the IIDTool I had for my RRS and LR4. Great job, Patrick!

Regarding to programing the activity key, did you use the IIDTool BT or IIDTool Pro? From what I have been reading on the website, it seems only the more expensive IIDTool Pro version does the "Advanced Programming Functions" which includes the key programing.

I am attempting to get my tool to do some tricks on my 2023 110x including adding a activity key to it. So I wonder which version of the tool I should get. It would be nice if I don't have to spend so much more on the pro version.
Post #973142 1st Dec 2022 10:36pm
umbertob

United States 
I used the "regular" BT version of the tool to program the activity key, just followed the instructions of the routine and pushed the buttons on the touchscreen as if I was programming a regular fob. Took all of 30 seconds. 2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround
Post #973147 2nd Dec 2022 3:34am
zhihong.james

Canada 
Nice, it's time to pick up the IIDTool and find a activity key. Dealership told me they are currently out of stock and no ETA thanks for the chip shortage.
Post #973148 2nd Dec 2022 4:00am
Ajay(UK)

England 
Hairy Dan wrote:
MultiCAN-745 doesn't enable the button on the key to open the rear door and what's more for some reason it gives a fault of Emergency Braking Assistance not available! I've reflashed it just changing MultiCAN-745 back to not enabled and the brake fault disappears

Click image to enlarge

Not sure how that setting involves the emergency braking Confused

Hi Ian,

I'm having the same problem but changing MultiCAN-745 back to not enabled doesn't solve the "EBA not available" message from showing up every time Rolling Eyes

Andy. 22MY Defender 110 X Dynamic HSE D250, Gondwana Stone with too many options!
Gone: 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Post #973178 2nd Dec 2022 11:02am
pllr

United States 
Does anyone else have an incorrect tire size in their CCF file? In our 2023 with 18-inch wheels, it's correctly listed at 18-inch wheels with the right dimensions.

Our 2022 has 20-inch wheels from the factory, but the CCF file says:

MultiCAN-597 TyreSizeCorrnFac
255/65 R19 A/T TYRE

I suppose it doesn't really matter since I would have never known but for the IIDTool, but I'm wondering if my recommended tire pressures are displaying correctly in the dash display.
Post #973190 2nd Dec 2022 11:58am
Hairy Dan

Ajay(UK) wrote:

Hi Ian,

I'm having the same problem but changing MultiCAN-745 back to not enabled doesn't solve the "EBA not available" message from showing up every time Rolling Eyes

Andy.

Mine is set to Not Supported. Have you tried rebooting the Pivi system? If it's still there after that I would suggest you drop Patrick a message Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #973197 2nd Dec 2022 1:12pm
matt4x4

Germany 
I tried the new acc settings with the different cruise settings already known
- not getting further, I still get the "EAB not avaiable" error.
The gap config in the pivi is there but holds no changes.
Also some of the new acc settings did not write to the car, they show the
same values as befor my changes.
I only played whis values which show up when searching after "acc" or after "cruise".

After resetting it all to my standard values the EAB error stills shows up.
I have to let the car sit locked for 20min or so.
After that the the error disappears and everything works as before.

I too did the new beta update on the tool and the app.

The diff from the old config and "show unsupported" shows
a lot of new values.
A lot of things my car has, but their default value shows "unsupported"

for example:

EUCD-024 Rainsensor
Not supported
EUCD-031 Acknowl. Signal Lock/Alarm
Not supported
EUCD-032 Automatic Locking By Speed
Not supported

An I too have the "tyre" values showing the wrong tire size, but did not care
about it, speedo and pressure values all work fine/are correct.
Post #973217 2nd Dec 2022 4:02pm
Hairy Dan

I think that some of the values in the CCF list don't all apply to the new Defender, the CCF can cover a lot of vehicles so EUCD-024 Rainsensor - Not supported could be a rain sensor from a different model, so yes you have a rain sensor but not one that is controlled by EUCD-024. If you remember on EUCD-205 Racing Sub Brand that can be changed to the James Bond theme some of the other choices in there are Range Rover SVR, Jaguar and even Ford! Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #973228 2nd Dec 2022 4:40pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Simon from Powerful has just put a video out using the gap beta tool to add an activity key to his new defender 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #973240 2nd Dec 2022 6:20pm
pllr

United States 
I have duplicated every setting from our 2022 Defender with factory ACC to our 2023 Defender without ACC, trying to get ACC to activate. I cannot get past the Emergency Braking warning.

Is there another step to reset or calibrate all of the sensors? In a link someone posted earlier, there is supposed to be a calibration procedure but I don't know how that would work if I can't get the cruise to activate with the EBA warning. (I also think @forzahog tried to do something like that already.)

I hope someone can figure out the magic formula.
Post #973244 2nd Dec 2022 6:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 80 <123 ... 8910 ... 787980>