↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Lizzy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
steveww

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Bronze Green
Just taken Lizzy to https://foxlandrover.co.uk for a break fluid change and a/c gas top up.

Really impressed by this little independent. If they're close to you, look them up.
Post #997750 27th Jun 2023 3:54pm
steveww

Fitted the Nugget Stuff air intake. The instructions say to cut the old pipe in to bits to remove. This is what I needed up doing, the only way it's coming out in one bit is via taking the wind off; that's a lot of faff.

I'm not planning on deep wading but I'm hoping for a bit of a performance improvement. The original intake is quite restrictive compared to the Nugget Stuff one.

Not been out for a test drive yet. I'll report back my findings.

https://www.nuggetstuff.com/product/defender-puma-sealed-airbox/
Post #998561 4th Jul 2023 3:35pm
steveww

Click image to enlarge

In the middle of nowhere some distance off the NLAND250. Truly epic drive along single track roads.

A great area to visit and a Defender is the ideal vehicle, the single track is very broken in places.

https://northumberland250.com
Post #1002395 31st Jul 2023 2:20pm
Barneyboy

England 1986 Defender 90 2.5 n/a Diesel ST Nato Green
Hi Steveww, that is a stunning photo Thumbs Up what a backdrop Thumbs Up cheers Paul
Post #1002550 1st Aug 2023 5:17pm
steveww

Otterburn military firing range. They publish the firing times, obviously don't go in when they're shooting Laughing
Post #1002552 1st Aug 2023 5:20pm
steveww

A little bit of yearly maintenance. It' like owning a boat, every year you have to scrape its bottom - oh err. I thought I bid a pretty good job with the pressure washer but I still managed to scrape out about a bucket of sh*t from the various nooks. A dusting of ACF50 followed by a coat of Dinitrol 4010 should hopefully keep the rust to a minimum for another year.

While I was under there, I fitted Gwynn Lewis mud shields to the front. These should protect the front outriggers from the worst. However, removing them and inspecting behind should be added to the yearly checkups. Not so much luck with the rear mud shields. My Defender is a Station Wagon so it has extra bars for the rear most seatbelts. These have to come out to fit the shields. This is a not trivial job and there is a good chance bolts will snap, need cutting off, etc. I decided to leave them off while I have a think.

Did the first camping trip since fitting the Fox dampers some time ago. It's a bit more floaty now when loaded up but still OK.
Post #1003291 7th Aug 2023 4:50pm
steveww

Click image to enlarge

Just fitted a new from t bumper which is very similar to the old one, except it's not all rusty. It will not rust because it's stainless steel from Uproar 4x4. I fitted in the Nolden lights from the old bumper. Very impressed with the quality. Scott from Uproar is very helpful and great to deal with.
Post #1009284 28th Sep 2023 5:17pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Very nice. I do like the dual bumper lights Rolling Eyes
Post #1009285 28th Sep 2023 5:21pm
steveww

The outer pair are DRL and the inner pair are spot lights which can come on the high beam.
Post #1009291 28th Sep 2023 6:38pm
steveww

Lizzy has been very handy the last few days. The valley roads around here are quite deep with flood water, not a problem for a Defender.

I spent some time in the workshop fabricating emergency internal bed. I have the Bundutec roof top tent which is great but like all roof tents not so good in high winds. When we did the NC500 a storm blew through with 60mph winds. Fortunately we were able to find alternative accommodation for the stormy night. If that had not been the case it would have been a very uncomfortable night. I now have an extra board and some brackets that create an emergency sleeping platform inside. Pictures to follow...
Post #1012276 23rd Oct 2023 4:34pm
steveww

Click image to enlarge

Fitted a new cubby box from Exmoor Trim. It's a bit of a faff to swap over all the wiring when you have the XS subwoofer installed also the new box is longer than the original making for tight clearance when folding down the rear seats.
Post #1016858 30th Nov 2023 6:03pm
BrickBox

Wales 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
The premium seats are in another league over standard and XS spec. They really uplift the interior. I’d love a pair. 2008 2.4 110 Utility XS.
Post #1016880 30th Nov 2023 7:07pm
steveww

Yearly service completed with oil changes, grease applied, etc.

I noticed that the fresh air duct from the wing to the heater is not a snug fit where it meets with the heater. There is a foam gasket but on mine there is quite a gap. I checked that the drain hole was clear then wedged some dense foam between the duct and the inner wing. This has closed up the gap and resulted in less engine noise inside the cabin. It should also help if we ever see the sun again such that there will not be any hot air from the engine bay entering the heating/cooling system.

Click image to enlarge
Post #1026354 29th Feb 2024 12:29pm
steveww

There has been a bit of a clonk / rattle from the rear of Lizzy when going down farm tracks. Something was obviously a bit loose somewhere. Finally tracked it down to the rear sliding windows; a well know issue with Defenders. I cut some cable ties to size and used them as packers to hold the sliding glass in place. I've ordered new felt channels top and bottom from LR Parts and these should be a more permanent fix when they eventually arrive.
Post #1028043 14th Mar 2024 5:37pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
steveww wrote:
Yearly service completed with oil changes, grease applied, etc.

I noticed that the fresh air duct from the wing to the heater is not a snug fit where it meets with the heater. There is a foam gasket but on mine there is quite a gap. I checked that the drain hole was clear then wedged some dense foam between the duct and the inner wing. This has closed up the gap and resulted in less engine noise inside the cabin. It should also help if we ever see the sun again such that there will not be any hot air from the engine bay entering the heating/cooling system.

Click image to enlarge

See this topic on ways to rectify the issue https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic75787.html?highlight=heater
Post #1028047 14th Mar 2024 6:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>