↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Digital dashboard
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
The last photo is really good, as the contrast is so low you can't really make the edges out. Thumbs Up

Maybe a night time shot?
Post #918419 23rd Aug 2021 10:00pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Did a Google search for analogue vs digital dash and I came across this

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic76922.html

Rolling with laughter

J77!
Post #918422 23rd Aug 2021 10:07pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
TRGRichie wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

These are a fairer representation imho.

I chatted to a JLR employee friend before committing and he has driven L663 with both types of dashes and felt it’s wasn’t really an issue having the part analogue dials. In your photos it does look really good and I’m not bothered now about which dash I get.
Post #918442 24th Aug 2021 12:09am
4B4B

United Kingdom 
TRGRichie wrote:
4B4B wrote:
The actual functionality of the screen isn’t something I’m bothered about. As you say, it will be set and then left alone, most likely. It’s the naff look of having the dials part part electronic, part mechanical. It’s purely the aesthetics of that I don’t like, and am willing to wait, to not have to look at daily once I get my order. Many will consider that an over-the-top position to take, but it’s personal choice.

Have you seen one in the flesh? I had same concerns but now having seen one for real I’m happy with them.

Yes. I agree at certain angles they can look better, but then at others, (to me), they look very similar to the photos.

I accept that I’m being at the fussier end of the scale, and for many their look isn’t an issue in the slightest. It’s just down to personal opinion. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #918521 24th Aug 2021 12:26pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Dropped in to my dealers today as I have heard nothing. The sales person can’t tell me anything until LR inform them, it’s only been ordered 6 weeks. Have told them that I want the digital dash and if necessary I’ll wait. My present car has a digital dash and 11inch screen so I, not downgrading just to get my Defender early. She said that things are getting worse and that for instance the waiting time for any Disco Sport is now at least 12 months. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #918530 24th Aug 2021 1:13pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
I made a point of visiting the dealers today and seeing the analogue dash in person. I’m happy now to proceed with the analogue dash as it looks 100%. On the plus side, LR have now ran out of 10” screens!!! So I’m getting the 11.4” one 👍🏻👍🏻
Post #918595 24th Aug 2021 10:21pm
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Seriously? Couldn’t make it up! They’ll run out of analogue dials next…… https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #918597 24th Aug 2021 10:23pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
You couldn’t be sure what turns up! I might end up with a RRS 😂
Post #918598 24th Aug 2021 10:28pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
tooth_dr wrote:
I made a point of visiting the dealers today and seeing the analogue dash in person. I’m happy now to proceed with the analogue dash as it looks 100%. On the plus side, LR have now ran out of 10” screens!!! So I’m getting the 11.4” one 👍🏻👍🏻

Did you have to pay for it or did they upgrade you for free?
Post #918601 24th Aug 2021 10:34pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
My original build was for the 11.4” screen, then it was removed, and then just added again today so I’m paying for it as per the original quote. It was one of the best value options at £140 so not much in the grand scheme of things. JLR have you over a barrel so I couldn’t get anything more other than the 6.5% discount. But apart from the dash I’m getting my electric towbar, etc. I was told today that for new orders lots of things aren’t available.
Post #918602 24th Aug 2021 10:39pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Sorry, It was a little tongue in cheek.

My spec changed as LR changed the requirement for the real cooling option (for my dogs) adding a few subsidiary filters that were not required before. Money please / please sign a new order.

So that's my grip.

Pretty relaxed at the moment about the Defender as I know ownership will typically be "trying".
Post #918641 25th Aug 2021 9:40am
SN

tooth_dr wrote:
My original build was for the 11.4” screen, then it was removed, and then just added again today so I’m paying for it as per the original quote. It was one of the best value options at £140 so not much in the grand scheme of things. JLR have you over a barrel so I couldn’t get anything more other than the 6.5% discount. But apart from the dash I’m getting my electric towbar, etc. I was told today that for new orders lots of things aren’t available.

Centre display is not the same 'issue' - both sizes look good and are complete

If I was honest I don't understand why LR didn't extend the analog dials over the two ends of the smaller digital display - since (I understand) that those parts of the smaller screen can ONLY display the the dial edges.... Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #918700 25th Aug 2021 4:59pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
@SN I dont think I said it was an issue, other than the fact I couldnt get it and now I can Wink
I'm not sure about the dials, will let you know when I get the car and see what the screen shows.
Post #918703 25th Aug 2021 5:25pm
J77

Scotland 
You can also have the map view with the analog dials, I had a play with them last year during the 90 dealer tour. Originally I was going base model, with analog dials and cloth seats, but LR dropped it from the diesel model line up meaning I had to take an S at £3k more Evil or Very Mad 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #918718 25th Aug 2021 7:36pm
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 
Would be good to have a clear guide to what the standard info panel will display, the iGUIDE isn’t much use,
I’m guessing no fancy 4x4 graphics etc, just phone, media, radio, vehicle status and as you say sat nav.
Post #918731 25th Aug 2021 9:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>