↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Digital dashboard
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Harty

United Kingdom 
I have a p400e X-Dynamic S on order, delivery date mid Oct. I have received the call.

I understand through other forums that, other than very high spec models (X HSE, VCool, it affects all modes being delivered in Sep and Oct.
Post #918168 22nd Aug 2021 8:43am
Defendit..

Netherlands 
I would reject instantly.
That semi analog driver display will hurt the resale value more than you think now. No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #918255 22nd Aug 2021 11:53pm
Tim in Scotland

My 2020 110 has the digital dash as standard but it might as well be the analogue one going on how few times I’ve changed the screen from being the two dials with the satnav screen between them, none of the other options appeals. It’s like memory seats, mirrors and steering columns, set it once and it never changes so the system is a bit pointless once you’ve got it how you like it. Now it looks just like both my Evoque’s dashes and my non TFT screen RRS’s and Full Fat. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #918283 23rd Aug 2021 9:42am
4B4B

United Kingdom 
The actual functionality of the screen isn’t something I’m bothered about. As you say, it will be set and then left alone, most likely. It’s the naff look of having the dials part part electronic, part mechanical. It’s purely the aesthetics of that I don’t like, and am willing to wait, to not have to look at daily once I get my order. Many will consider that an over-the-top position to take, but it’s personal choice. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #918286 23rd Aug 2021 10:10am
Tim in Scotland

Not an over the top position to take in the least because from owning non TFT screen dashed cars - Evoque, RRS and FullFats - the small digital driver information screen was way better integrated with the analogue dials with no section of the Speedo or Rev counter being digital - looked much better if a little 20th century!
This is a much better design - from my 2014MY Evoque - shrouded full analogue speedo and revs and digital info screen between them.

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 23rd Aug 2021 10:24am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #918289 23rd Aug 2021 10:16am
J77

Scotland 
Defendit.. wrote:
I would reject instantly.
That semi analog driver display will hurt the resale value more than you think now.

No it won’t. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #918290 23rd Aug 2021 10:20am
4B4B

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
the small digital driver information screen was way better integrated with the analogue dials with no section of the Speedo or Rev counter being digital - looked much better if a little 20th century!

Absolutely. And that photo looks so much nicer on the eye.

As to affecting resale values, who knows. Maybe there there will be a bit of a ‘pandemic spec’ stigma. But judging by the number of people not fussed by the hybrid dials, I doubt if there will be much of an issue at all. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #918292 23rd Aug 2021 10:27am
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
I prefer the digital display for its clarity and once set I'm pretty sure I'll rarely touch it, a bit like the memory seat setting, position of the steering wheel, and or my lumbar support. Apple play... no idea. Don't need it but other people do.

Resale, I'm not too worried about. We'll buy the vehicle outright and keep it for 5 to 7 years. Maybe a little longer as we're now in our mid 50s and eyeing up retirement

What does grind on me is the delivery of the message and the non adjustment to the price to reflect the change.
Post #918298 23rd Aug 2021 11:00am
hezor

Finland 
I feel lucky my P400e is now waiting for PDI in the dealership lot - and it was built exactly as I wanted it, with the digital dash and 11.4" infotainment screen etc. 22MY Defender 110 P400e SE w/ Off-Road Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack + ClearSight Rear-View Mirror & 11.4" Infotainment Screen
Post #918354 23rd Aug 2021 5:46pm
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 
So, today sat in a friends velar which has the analogue dials and you know what they are fine. The digital part is still plenty big enough to display whatever info you need and after having a digital dash in my current car for the last 3 years it was actually quite nice to see real dials again, and they look a lot better in real life than pictures of them.
Post #918376 23rd Aug 2021 8:03pm
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 
4B4B wrote:
The actual functionality of the screen isn’t something I’m bothered about. As you say, it will be set and then left alone, most likely. It’s the naff look of having the dials part part electronic, part mechanical. It’s purely the aesthetics of that I don’t like, and am willing to wait, to not have to look at daily once I get my order. Many will consider that an over-the-top position to take, but it’s personal choice.

Have you seen one in the flesh? I had same concerns but now having seen one for real I’m happy with them.
Post #918379 23rd Aug 2021 8:06pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
As something that shows information its will do the job. We can talk about its appearance, but that's subjective.

Digital dash or Analogue? You decide Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
Post #918389 23rd Aug 2021 8:38pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge
Post #918390 23rd Aug 2021 8:41pm
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 
That’s kinda my point, seen theses pics and thought it didn’t look good,
But in real life I thought it looked fine.
Post #918392 23rd Aug 2021 8:42pm
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

These are a fairer representation imho.
Post #918396 23rd Aug 2021 8:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>