Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
dgardel

Italy 
My manual for a DIY WEBASTO WATER HEATER on PUMA
wrote right now..........

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnHBx4Wc2MJLh0w1W5Rpcxh03xuM

what do you think about my work?

My Webasto still not installed yet.......... Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License

Last edited by dgardel on 22nd Jun 2016 11:28pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #49777 26th Dec 2010 2:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Nice work Danielle.

The most difficult part looks like the fuel supply, are you going tohave a seperate tank made or connect into the existing tank ?

I was thinking that a small tank could be manufactured and accessed via the blanking panel in the top wing. I'd be interested to know what your solution is.

cheers
Post #49780 26th Dec 2010 8:14am
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Hi Danielle
great stuff... I'll be refering to it when we get arround to fitting one later in the new year...

Festive best wishes
G&J
(mind you - we could do with it this week as its minus 10 here at the moment!) Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #49784 26th Dec 2010 10:23am
pom

Looking good. Are you planning to use the webasto external temp sensor as well for full auto mode operation the same as the d3?

I would find this really useful as the puma actually cools down when used stationary or at low speeds in sub zero weather.

Oh and how much to fit a system to mine !!

Great work.

Pom

edited: iphone typing ftl.

Last edited by pom on 26th Dec 2010 11:30am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #49787 26th Dec 2010 10:43am
dgardel

Italy 
bpman wrote:
Nice work Danielle.

The most difficult part looks like the fuel supply, are you going tohave a seperate tank made or connect into the existing tank ?

I was thinking that a small tank could be manufactured and accessed via the blanking panel in the top wing. I'd be interested to know what your solution is.

cheers

I'm thinking to use the existing fuel tank adding the small metal pipe installed on the white Defender fuel tank plate Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #49788 26th Dec 2010 10:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dgardel

Italy 
pom wrote:
Looking good. Are lounging to use the webasto external temp sensor as well for full auto mode operation the same as the d3?

I would find this really useful as the puma actually cools down when used stationary or at low speeds in sub zero weather.

Great work.

Pom

if you install the temp sensor (it is a temp controlled switch, ON for temp under the 5°C and OFF when the temp rise up the 8°C) you can not switch on the heater when temp is 5°C or more. Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #49789 26th Dec 2010 10:53am
dgardel

Italy 
wyvern wrote:
Hi Danielle
great stuff... I'll be refering to it when we get arround to fitting one later in the new year...

Festive best wishes
G&J
(mind you - we could do with it this week as its minus 10 here at the moment!)

Hi Gary, Hi July

Merry Christmas.

hoping that y document will aid you..... Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #49790 26th Dec 2010 10:56am
dgardel

Italy 
...........and, it is only the rev 0.0 of the document....

it will improved on the next days..... Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #49791 26th Dec 2010 10:58am
dgardel

Italy 
pom wrote:

Great work.

Pom

mhmmm

I think that the cost for the "travelling allowance" are too high...... I'm not competitive in UK Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

may be I'm looking for a local company and sign a subcontract for UK operations..... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #49793 26th Dec 2010 11:01am
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
another master piece dg Thumbs Up 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #49797 26th Dec 2010 11:27am
pom

dgardel wrote:
pom wrote:

Great work.

Pom

mhmmm

I think that the cost for the "travelling allowance" are too high...... I'm not competitive in UK Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

may be I'm looking for a local company and sign a subcontract for UK operations..... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

au contraire! Sounds like a good excuse for a defender convey to the continent.

Pom
Post #49799 26th Dec 2010 11:31am
SteveS

England 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
I'd be interested to see if there are any problems after you have been wading - particularly water getting into the exhaust system or problems with the electrics
Post #49832 26th Dec 2010 7:37pm
pom

dgardel wrote:
pom wrote:
Looking good. Are lounging to use the webasto external temp sensor as well for full auto mode operation the same as the d3?

Great work.

Pom

if you install the temp sensor (it is a temp controlled switch, ON for temp under the 5°C and OFF when the temp rise up the 8°C) you can not switch on the heater when temp is 5°C or more.

Looking at fitting one with the winter fast approaching. Do you know at what coolent temp the webasto turns off ?

Pom
Post #86548 29th Aug 2011 8:40pm
dgardel

Italy 
pom wrote:
dgardel wrote:
pom wrote:

Great work.

Pom

if you install the temp sensor (it is a temp controlled switch, ON for temp under the 5°C and OFF when the temp rise up the 8°C) you can not switch on the heater when temp is 5°C or more.

Looking at fitting one with the winter fast approaching. Do you know at what coolent temp the webasto turns off ?

Pom

105°C inside heater chamber.... Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #86557 29th Aug 2011 10:34pm
pom

Thanks
Post #86558 29th Aug 2011 10:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>