↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > MY22 Defender S 200
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Ryderoo

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
That is one nice Defender Kubrick1978, welcome to the club at last😉

Loving the Carpathian with black bumpers.

Looks a treat.

How are you finding it.

I’m loving mine Cheers Simon

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you

2015 Urban Truck 90 XS Santorini Black Hard Top - Reluctantly gone
2020 Discovery 5 Eiger Grey 3.0 SE
2021 Defender S D250 Santorini Black 110 Hard Top on the drive
Post #914295 27th Jul 2021 4:59pm
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
Thanks Ryderoo - when I first jumped behind the wheel I thought I'd taken control of a tank - but after a few hours driving it around you definitely get used to it. I'm happy with the D200 - it's a great engine - so your D250 must be utter class. I test drove a P300 and it had a little more zip but somehow didn't feel as refined as this D200 and its earthly growl. Privi Pro took more getting used to - it keeps muting the speakers, and then it's a bit of a wild goose chase to turn the system off mute. I also need to get used to the air suspension and what it can and cannot do depending on the mode you're in.

What i have been really impressed with is the interior of the Defender - particularly for an S model. The ebony grained leather looks and feels really good. I look inside the car and with a few additions - the sound system, the panoramic roof etc and ClearSight - I think its great. Today I was driving around in the rain and I felt like I could just keep on driving in any direction and the Defender would just do it. Really enjoying it. And the dealer even phoned up to see how I was getting on. Something I'm keeping an eye on is the wheel arch trims - they look a little loose, so I'll see how they are in the coming days.
Post #914319 27th Jul 2021 8:08pm
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
LRE day reminder - I took delivery of my car in June 2020 and not long after got my invite to the half day but then we went back into lockdown and I didn’t bother following it up as I’ve done 7 or 8 LRE full days. On Friday last week I got an email reminding me that I haven’t yet taken up my half day voucher, so they following up on unclaimed vouchers for the time being.

I haven’t bothered making use of the voucher with the last couple of LRs, I don’t think I’ll bother with this one, if they had a 90 on coils then maybe. I’ll wait until they start their trek days. But yes they do chase you up if you don’t use it. 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #914338 27th Jul 2021 9:37pm
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
Landy now has a nice KAMEI Roof Box (Fosco 540) - I think it suits the car quite well - packs more and a bit cheaper than Landrover's box. And fits the roof bars well.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #918314 23rd Aug 2021 12:05pm
haymeister

Japan 
Goes well with your spec Kubrick! Is it mainly to store camping equipment?

I am debating when (fingers crossed) my car arrives whether to install the expedition rack or cross bars/roof box combo.
Currently I use a roof box solely in winter to fit 2 snowboards and 3 skis.

The expedition rack though looking very cool is probably not as practical for my use case... and on the test drive vehicle made an absolute racket over 70mph.
Post #918615 25th Aug 2021 1:30am
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
I saw a black defender recently with the expedition rack and it looked really cool. My roof box is mainly to sling in camping stuff, and did a great job. It's not noisy over 70mph either - however there was a slight whistle from the cross bars because you have to remove the rubber channel along the length of the cross bars to slide the roof box onto the bars. It makes the roof box ultra quick to install, but you end up with open channels (when the roof box comes off you simply put the rubber back in place so everything returns to how it was before. If you get a roof box that grips the bars externally, rather than slotting into the channels, this isn't a problem. A simple fix for me would be to cut the rubber and reapply it into the gaps, but I preferred to put up with the slight whistle so that I could put the rubber tracks back on later. The one thing that would be handy if you have anything on the roof is the side ladder, although with the side steps and the foothold in the rear passenger cabin, I was tall enough to fill and empty the roof box (just). If you want a roofbox for skis and boards, I think there are some really nice shallow boxes that look great. I was pleased with my last trip - I averaged 31.8mpg with a fully loaded car (5 people plus boot and roof box full) for a 500-mile round trip. Lots of motorway driving but still pretty good.
Post #918630 25th Aug 2021 7:14am
L90Andy

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 SW Zambezi Silver
Ref the cutting of the rubber infills, I didn't want to do this on my Disco roof bars either, so when the bike racks were fitted I put duct tape over the remaining open slots which stopped the whistling.
Nice truck btw Cool Instagram: l90andy

2006 Land Rover 90 TD5 CSW Silver Edition

My 1984 Ninety: http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56071.html - SOLD!
My 2015 Defender: http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39625.html - SOLD!
Post #918639 25th Aug 2021 8:28am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Those rubber infills are available separately, so you could cut some up to suit the roof box (or bike rack, etc) and then keep a complete one for when you don't have anything mounted. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #918663 25th Aug 2021 11:35am
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
Just saying - I love my Defender! I reckon I'm going to blow my PCP milage if I'm not careful! It's been out and about down lots of narrow lanes and country tracks and through swamp-like fields and over small streams with no problems whatsoever. And then I leant on it with my fleece and the damn zip left a massive scratch on the rear driver's side door. I bought some carpathian grey touch up paint (some dark grey T-cut wasn't quite working) and some chemicals that came with the paint, but I haven't been able to shift the damn scratch. (you paint over it and then you remove the excess paint, but I can't seem to get the hang of it and keep removing the paint from the scratch. I'm probably doing something stupid. Anyhow it's a Defender. A scratch is a scratch. It was born to be scratched.
Post #920753 9th Sep 2021 8:16pm
Tim in Scotland

Yes it’s too easy just to drive and drive them they are so smooth and comfortable. PCP miles wasn’t the issue for me as I bought the car outright, but I had declared 8000 miles annual mileage to my insurers and did 11000 in 10 months - to counter I was also able to reduce the miles a year on my 1996 90 from 5000 to 3000 annually which dropped the premium on that. I only did 900 miles in the 90 between MOT’s this year too…..

There are a few guys on the FB group who have done >30000 in a year in their New Defenders…. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #920755 9th Sep 2021 8:29pm
Tom_T

United Kingdom 
I’ve just hit 10,000 miles and not had mine four months yet. Love every single mile.
Post #920883 10th Sep 2021 4:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12