↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Defender XS EDITION
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
DavidITGuru

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Sumatra Black
My dealer also wouldn’t install the tow hooks on my new XS. Still plan to order and will either fit myself or, more likely, ask local garage to do so.
Post #938664 21st Jan 2022 2:03pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
It really just depends how confident you are with a set of basic tools as to whether you tackle it yourself… I did it the other day and probably took 2 hours all in with a quick coffee break in the middle. Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #938687 21st Jan 2022 3:08pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Back on the XS edition topic… I was originally always planning to change my lower trim panel colours back to black, but to be honest since I’ve had the car they’ve really grown on me…

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Cheers, David
Post #938690 21st Jan 2022 3:12pm
med22

United Kingdom 
Like many, I have mixed thoughts on the body coloured lower body trim parts. Does anybody have the rough price for these to be changed back to the standard black items (as on the HSE etc)?
Post #940318 31st Jan 2022 1:32pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 
Exactly, worst combination. Looks 100% plastic. This version has nothing to do with an all capable go everywhere 4wd.
Good mallcrawler for sure ...can't deny that.

But please keep painting everything Gloss black.
( Did yesterday 60cm deep mud, flushed the mud off , all I can say it added some charactere to the sides for free.) No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #940453 31st Jan 2022 11:12pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Just thought I’d stick up a photo of my XS after a good clean. I love the colour coding and the overall appearance of this car. I never really gelled with the looks of my last silicon silver defender with unpainted black trim and big wheel arches, but this one is perfect.

Click image to enlarge
Post #983740 26th Feb 2023 1:51pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Great photo, that looks fantastic Mr. Green Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #983748 26th Feb 2023 2:40pm
J77

Scotland 
Defendit.. wrote:
Exactly, worst combination. Looks 100% plastic. This version has nothing to do with an all capable go everywhere 4wd.

( Did yesterday 60cm deep mud, flushed the mud off , all I can say it added some charactere to the sides for free.)

Strange, what’s the difference between colour coded trim and gloss black, surely both look like “mallcrawlers”

Colour coding has grown on me but prefer the black

Click image to enlarge
 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #983768 26th Feb 2023 4:57pm
Tim in Scotland

The body coloured plastic trims was one the main reason I didn’t go for an XS when I ordered my replacement for my 1st Edition 110. The other reason was the dire selection of colours available. I appreciate that the XS is basically a main stream reokacement for the First Edition that was exceptional value for money but the stylists did the same thing that they did to the first facelift of D3’s and many people disliked the 100% body colour in that. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #983789 26th Feb 2023 7:29pm
Tim in Scotland

DavidITGuru wrote:
My dealer also wouldn’t install the tow hooks on my new XS. Still plan to order and will either fit myself or, more likely, ask local garage to do so.

What reason did they give? In June 2020 when I took delivery of my First Edition 110 the dealership told that the rear recovery eyes could only be fitted to the X model………. I got onto LRCS who roasted the parts shop at the dealership who’s retort them was “according to the parts system I cannot sell them to anyone who doesn’t own an X” LRCS told them their parts system wasn’t updated to the latest version…….. I got an apology from the dealers and they fitted mine for the price I was supposed to have paid when I ordered them - ie on the configurator.

I believe they aren’t difficult to DIY instal and PowerfulUK has a “how to” video on their website. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #983790 26th Feb 2023 7:35pm
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
The body coloured plastic trims was one the main reason I didn’t go for an XS when I ordered my replacement for my 1st Edition 110. The other reason was the dire selection of colours available. I appreciate that the XS is basically a main stream reokacement for the First Edition that was exceptional value for money but the stylists did the same thing that they did to the first facelift of D3’s and many people disliked the 100% body colour in that.

The colours are terrible. Silver is the best of a bad bunch IMO 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #983793 26th Feb 2023 8:06pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Defendit.. wrote:

( Did yesterday 60cm deep mud, flushed the mud off , all I can say it added some charactere to the sides for free.)

Kind of stupid comment.. not sure what silver painted lower trim vs black painted lower trim has to do with off road capability…

Disco 4 / L322 RR / old defender all have body colour skirts! Cheers, David
Post #983808 26th Feb 2023 11:46pm
Badeagle

England 
It’s all down to personal opinion
I have a XS in Silicon Silver and think that the colour suits being coded

Click image to enlarge
 MY23 XS 110 D250
2003 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Post #983879 27th Feb 2023 5:01pm
gilesn

yeah - thats me too - silicon siliver - very pleased with it.
Must admit I'm impressed with the P400 too !
Chesire110 - what tyres do you have on yours - are they duratrac's?
If yes - did you run with road tyres before - did you notice much tyre noise difference?

I looking at changing mine soon - ive run General Grabber AT's before - not much difference in noise but a lot better off road grip.

Wondered about DT's this time round - - -

Thanks
Post #983884 27th Feb 2023 5:24pm
Tim in Scotland

GilesN - I changed from the All Seasons that mine came on to Duratracs at 3000 miles and now have 18000 miles run on the Duratracs. I didn’t notice any increased road noise, no increased fuel consumption and no loss of grip on streaming set roads. 2 slashed sidewall events off-road have been the only downside to running on them.
I’m just about to put the All Seasins back on as the car is being traded in in 2 weeks time and my new 90 is coming on the Goodyear Adventurers but I’ll probably do the same thing and take them off and wear out the Duratracs as there is still a lot of life left in them (slashed side walls allowing!) Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #983949 28th Feb 2023 11:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>