↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Defender XS EDITION
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Sat Rat wrote:
Kingfisher,
Did you fit the tow loops yourself or did you get the Dealership to fit before collection?.
As I'm having a real mission to get my dealer to look into retro fitting them!.
Apparently not able to order on an XS edition or able to be fitted due to electrical deployed tow bar being fitted and the best one is I wouldn't trust our bodyshop to fit them!.🤦‍♂️
I'm leaning towards the Powerful UK DIY and YouTube option...🤣

SatRat the dealership is talking absolute horse Censored about not being able to fit the recovery eyes to an XS or because there is an electrically deployed tow bar. While mine is not an XS it is a First Edition with the deployable tow bar I was also to,d the same by the dealers and took it up with Customer Services who came back very quickly with a message that recovery eyes can be fitted to any New Defender regardless of whether it has a tow bar or not. Next I got a phone call from my local dealerships parts guy apologising for giving me bum info as he had just been told off by LRCS for declining to sell me them! The issue in the early days was that they were originally only meant as standard fit on the X model and that was reflected in the on-line parts catalogue used by dealerships, but it was a glitch that was pretty soon corrected.
I would recommend contacting LRCS through their contact details in their section of the forum - I wouldn’t recommend just posting a request their, contact them by PM or email or via their social media sites like FB, Instagram or Twitter where you will get a far quicker response. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #935888 1st Jan 2022 5:47pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
What is sad is the move away, sometimes it seems direction, from Land Rover to stop dealers fitting, modifying or customising customers cars, that after all we buy and own

The tow hooks aren’t essentially and despite having these, part of me likes the screw in type too, much cleaner Mike
Post #935903 1st Jan 2022 7:07pm
Sat Rat

United Kingdom 
Tim,

Thanks for the heads up, I will lodge a complaint/query through LRC, I am disappointed by the lack of drive from the sales department (as well as the s#$t they spouting)that they aren't really bothered by it all, as for the looks of them fitted it was on a more practical basis for myself, as it is easier and more timely to be to snap hook or shackle into then finding the eye and then screwing in!.
Post #935918 1st Jan 2022 8:29pm
mse

Time wise yes, but then you could screw both in before off roading and then unscrew at the end, save the camera obstruction (minor) and rear obstacle... Note I do have then fitted Laughing Mike
Post #935926 1st Jan 2022 9:28pm
Sat Rat

United Kingdom 
MSE,

Thank you I didn't think of the camera's!. I will see what comes back from my questions to LRCS, before I go down the rabbit hole of the DIY route!. Hopefully pick my 110 up in the next 2 weeks as apparently its been shipped!. Can't find out the name of the vessel due to data protection 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Post #935932 1st Jan 2022 10:18pm
mse

It's a relatively easy DIY route. It is a bit annoying the amount you have to split and step off but no worse than taking the bumper off a new range rover to fit your electrics

It doesn't massively impact the cameras but you can see them

If the dealer fits them within a month of collection they will get the same warranty as the car Mike
Post #935934 1st Jan 2022 10:45pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Sat Rat wrote:
MSE,

Thank you I didn't think of the camera's!. I will see what comes back from my questions to LRCS, before I go down the rabbit hole of the DIY route!. Hopefully pick my 110 up in the next 2 weeks as apparently its been shipped!. Can't find out the name of the vessel due to data protection 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

To be honest I never even noticed that they can be seen by the cameras so that should show you how inconspicuous they are and I agree that your dealer is talking a load of crap, mine arrived with the deployable tow bar and I only decided to have them fitted once the car had arrived at the dealership.

Sat Rat wrote:
Can't find out the name of the vessel due to data protection 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Strange that they wont tell you the name of the ship, it's on the vista screen they use and I know quite a few people, including myself that have been told the name of the ship by the dealership, in fact my dealer took a photo of the vista page for my car and emailed it to me. Confused Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #936022 2nd Jan 2022 5:19pm
mse

They are as impactful as the washer nozzle on the rear camera Mike
Post #936060 2nd Jan 2022 9:53pm
J77

Scotland 
Pentland Dundee fitted my tow hooks without question. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #936062 2nd Jan 2022 9:56pm
Kingfisher24

England 
Towing Eyes
I ordered mine with the towing eyes and Dick Lovett Land Rover in Melksham fitted them.
Post #937302 12th Jan 2022 8:22am
Sat Rat

United Kingdom 
Kingfisher.... if only I've been in to see about delivery hopefully this coming Monday🤞. Talking to the sales manager I asked about them rasing the issue with JLR which he's happy to do, it was a fairly long chat and basically sounds like the Dealership at some point has been in trouble with JLR and are reluctant to mess to heavily with customer vehicles outside of service and general workscope of plug and play!.
Post #937339 12th Jan 2022 1:09pm
Sat Rat

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Well it's finally arrived.... only downside was the running boards are on back order!, and will be fitted when they are back in stock. other than that very pleased a

Click image to enlarge

lthough, I thought the xs came with rear seat climate control.
Post #938096 17th Jan 2022 9:23pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
The rear controls are part of the three zone climate, nearly ticked the but just another semiconductor driven accessory

Click image to enlarge

that might cause a delay 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #938102 17th Jan 2022 9:43pm
Sat Rat

United Kingdom 
Thanks Jomara,

I never ticked that option just going of the print out mentioning the rear seat AC!. 👍
Post #938105 17th Jan 2022 9:47pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Sat Rat there are AC vets in the console that blow into the back seat as std equipment, you can see them in the image attached. Loving the Gondwana Stone Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #938110 17th Jan 2022 10:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>