Home > General & Technical (L663) > Celebrity Owners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 8 <12345678
Print this entire topic · 
ChrisCSL

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
J77 wrote:
We’re they all Black by any chance? Laughing

Ha Ha. That made me laugh as my family and a friends family both drove our black 110's (puma's) to see Bond over the weekend. Neither of us work for Villains though Very Happy
Post #924397 4th Oct 2021 1:59pm
nitram17

DSL wrote:
Another “Who?”. Laughing Laughing

Is that the guy with only one foot?
Post #924401 4th Oct 2021 2:24pm
nitram17

DSL wrote:
Still doesn’t help me. Laughing Laughing

Is it mary peters?
Post #924402 4th Oct 2021 2:25pm
nitram17

Oldmowgli wrote:
Supacat wrote:
Anyone know who this is?

Hopefully, this one meets the Forums exacting standards of what qualifies as a celebrity...

Not sure if Tango Man pictured is a real celeb but boy those wheels are a sight to behold (!) and what is with the white square around the door handle ?

Living in Oz as I now do, I must have missed out on whoever Ant Anstead is. I'm sure he's a very nice person but I am personally more aligned with Ant and Dec..... maybe they have matching Defenders ? Though probably not Dec as he couldn't reach the pedals, but Ant McPartlin..... he's just the sort to wear a cravat isn't he ?

Is it mary peters in a fury?

Wink

Last edited by nitram17 on 4th Oct 2021 2:31pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #924403 4th Oct 2021 2:28pm
nitram17

Supacat wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

"Gemma is one of the wealthiest stars to come out of The Only Way Is Essex.

She has made millions from various TV shows, endorsements and her own clothing empire.

From sponsored Instagram posts to a hand sanitizer range, Gemma is has hustled her way to millionaire status with a wide range of entrepreneurial endeavours since finding fame as a reality star."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/gemma-...h-25112469

Words fail me! Shocked
Post #924405 4th Oct 2021 2:30pm
nitram17

Fat Cog wrote:
I think this thread has got somewhat off-track from the celebrity theme & has got far too personal; its undeniable that modern day JLR (& every other manufacturer) have become celebrity & image obsessed which has alienated a sizeable section of Land Rover enthusiasts, as far as I can see this thread is about marketing strategy as opposed to the merits of the new Defender.

That said, I believe Huttopia makes a good point regarding separate forums...unlike the Wrangler, G-Wagon DNA etc the new 2020 Defender is so far removed from the pre-2016 model that making comparisons is pointless & the chasm will widen by natural progression as the old model becomes consigned to, albeit living, automotive history.

I've said this on previous posts that the new Defender isn't my cup of tea but I suspect my Wolf & 90 HT XS are not to the liking of most 2020 Defender owners, that doesn't mean I hold a personal grudge or any judgement whatsoever, nor would I expect others to sit in judgement on me & if its all going to get personal & nasty then I think, forum-wise' the writing is on the wall.

You Have summed up exactly how i feel about the defender and the forum!As an individual i am saddened and dismayed by the direction LR and its designers took with the form of the new defender which was designed to compete with in the american and asian markets as a SUV .

It is a in reality it is a development of the disco and the like with the proud defender Badge attached to it as a marketing exercise and LR should just have gone with the obvious flow.

LR should just have retired the name Defender and got on with selling their true world beating SUV and let the old marques to the past.

As for the forum im afraid the horse has bolted and i dont think we have much choice other than acceptance of each other and get along politely as i guess many folk will own both versions.

I have only owned a puma defender but i read avidly on this forum tales of restorations ect of series Lr and td5 ect with keen interest as you always learn something that might help you with your puma,even if its only that blood sweat and tears wins through in the end.

This is a great forum for learning stuff about your truck and long may it continue but i personally would prefer it if there was better segregation between the the new defender and the previous versions. I am however an old bu**er set in his ways! :oops:who will not be opening any post on the new defender anytime soon.

Last edited by nitram17 on 16th Feb 2022 12:18am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #924411 4th Oct 2021 3:05pm
Ecco

Malaysia 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Galway Green
..i just came back from oil rig, after near half year and you dudes still rolling at same pace..hehe..thats some integrity here.. Very Happy
Post #926355 19th Oct 2021 1:04pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Will Smith has a prang...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #933880 16th Dec 2021 6:30pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Saw the Will Smit's "driving skills" in the Namibia desert on Mikey Mouse channel this weekend.

Sand is like snow, tiny parts when compressed strong as concrete. 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #942576 15th Feb 2022 4:34pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Saw the Will Smit's "driving skills" in the Namibia desert on Mikey Mouse channel this weekend.

Sand is like snow, tiny parts when compressed strong as concrete. 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #942577 15th Feb 2022 4:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 8 <12345678