↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender Electronics & Infotainment System
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
defender_enthusiast

United Kingdom 
Definitely agree with the voice recognition - its rubbish...

I couldn't even get it to understand the most simplest of commands "Call home"...only to be responded back to with "Sorry I do not understand that command"... Banging Head
Post #859095 1st Oct 2020 10:52am
Buz1500

United Kingdom 
After 2500 trouble free miles my infotainment system has suddenly decided to play silly Censored !

It’s not responding to selections most of the time, it won’t play any media and fails to connect my phone. Any selections that work seem to have a significant delay. When I attempt to make a media source selection for music it just hangs. Also the map is no longer displayed on the info panel on the main dashboard, even though it’s selected.

I’ve tried to reset the system using the on/off button but nothing happens.

Any suggestions please.
Post #860142 6th Oct 2020 9:01pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Take it to your dealer Thumbs Up 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #860157 6th Oct 2020 10:38pm
shawnpalmer

United States 1997 Defender 90 V8 Petrol HT Auto Arles Blue
You have to reset the system while the vehicle is parked, not in drive or moving. Hold the power button down 15 seconds or more until it restarts. you will lose XM presets.
Post #860177 7th Oct 2020 4:02am
Tim in Scotland

The screen on mine froze in offroad mode on Sunday. On/off switch made no difference so parked up, closed windows and sunroof switched off and locked the car and then waited for the screen to go black, which took less than 5 minutes. Unlocked the car restarted and everything came back fine and faultless since. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #860182 7th Oct 2020 6:35am
Sepp

Germany 
Yes, Pivi and electronic dashboard are a great source of real fun. Selection of options are not stored for next re-start. Media selection on re-start is different when leaving the car. InControl connection not possible. Random malfunction of camera system. And many more.

Will see dealer next week.

And with speed limits, it's German by heart. Laughing

Click image to enlarge
Post #860202 7th Oct 2020 9:20am
Tim in Scotland

I’ve just watched the FullyCharged latest video on YouTube and they were testing the new VW ID3, the road sign recognition which is supposed to be camera and database based was telling RobertLlewelyn that the speed limit on the rural road he was drive]I go along was 90moh (at 10mins 45 sec into the video) he reckoned MAYBE 90kph as our fastest speed limit here is 70mph , so it isn’t just minnow makers like JLR but also the big fish like VW who have programming glitches - also something that would drive me mad is the Lane Keep Assist on the ID3 which is an audible warning beeper - at the JLR system I’ve now found can be totally switched off and it is now staying off until I reselect it on the steering wheel button despite switching the ignition off and on many many times.
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #860209 7th Oct 2020 9:52am
Buz1500

United Kingdom 
Update to my previous post.

I’ve now tried the correct reset process and the system has returned to normal. Many thanks for the advice shawnpalmer.
Post #860220 7th Oct 2020 10:32am
P-VELLO1

South Africa 
Warning Lights
On the new Defender 2020 do you guys have problems with “EMERGENCY BRAKING AND EMERGENCY STEERING NOT AVAILABLE” warning light showing on the cluster If so, did the dealership fixed it.
Post #860254 7th Oct 2020 12:16pm
Tim in Scotland

I’ve had that warning flash onto the screen once and it hasn’t come up since so did nothing about it. The car has been back in the workshop 3 times since it happened for other work and has passed all their health tests so I assume it didn’t register in the fault log. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #860266 7th Oct 2020 2:04pm
Philm

United Kingdom 
Re: Warning Lights
P-VELLO1 wrote:
On the new Defender 2020 do you guys have problems with “EMERGENCY BRAKING AND EMERGENCY STEERING NOT AVAILABLE” warning light showing on the cluster If so, did the dealership fixed it.

Mine did when I collected it. took it back and they found a faulty sensor. It was replaced and all good since then.
Post #860294 7th Oct 2020 4:46pm
P-VELLO1

South Africa 
Philm - do you perhaps know what sensor did they replace. I am battling with a few of them here in SA.
Post #860409 8th Oct 2020 8:01am
Philm

United Kingdom 
Sorry no idea, they just said they had changed a faulty sensor.
Post #860474 8th Oct 2020 3:56pm
merrion13

United States 
The steering warning has happened to me on 4 different occassions despite numerous 'resets' by dealer. US spec here, also continue to have a lot of random issues with the cameras not always turning on, same thing with sensors. Screen sometimes just stays on music when putting in reverse.
Post #860491 8th Oct 2020 5:49pm
shawnpalmer

United States 1997 Defender 90 V8 Petrol HT Auto Arles Blue
Re: Warning Lights
P-VELLO1 wrote:

I had this come up on mine. I fixed it by removing the black panel in the engine bay that sits right above the front grill. It's 6 or 8 push pin clips and a couple of torx screws... Pull that off and right behind the Land Rover logo on the grill is a plug. If that pug wasn't connected properly or wiggled loose it'll show that info on the dash. Unplug it and plug it back in making sure the pin connectors inside are not bent. That should hopefully fix it.

That LR logo is actually a front radar module on some models.
Post #860564 9th Oct 2020 5:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>