Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
J77

Scotland 
Starting to arrive at dealers

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

No idea when test drives will begin though.
Post #829368 5th May 2020 12:47pm
Tim in Scotland

Is that Pentland Dundee’s delivery of demo cars? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #829377 5th May 2020 2:10pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Still going to give it some social distancing Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #829378 5th May 2020 2:29pm
Devon-Rover

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
According to roger young he's got actual customers cars coming in very soon. Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #829394 5th May 2020 4:54pm
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Is that Pentland Dundee’s delivery of demo cars?

No, the Silver 110 is Duckworth and the Green 110 Roger Young.

My salesman reckons Perth will be the first.
Post #829395 5th May 2020 4:55pm
Tim in Scotland

Pentland Stirling doesn’t appear to have gone back to work yet as I emailed them yesterday for some info about when they might re-open and have cars to demonstrate Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #829410 5th May 2020 6:37pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
Muddybigdog wrote:
Still going to give it some social distancing

By about a mile and ten years Rolling with laughter 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #829420 5th May 2020 7:36pm
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Pentland Stirling doesn’t appear to have gone back to work yet as I emailed them yesterday for some info about when they might re-open and have cars to demonstrate

Try this

Click image to enlarge
Post #829431 5th May 2020 8:49pm
Tim in Scotland

Thanks - I sent my email to the salesman’s corporate email address so maybe he only picks that up “at the office”! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #829433 5th May 2020 8:57pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Interesting to note the latest new car sales figures for April - down 97% on April last year. Don't think we'll be seeing many new Defenders on the roads at the moment. Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #829443 5th May 2020 9:40pm
J77

Scotland 
Fiat Chrysler have posted losses of €1.7 Billion in the first quarter of this year. Don’t know what JLRs are.
Post #829449 5th May 2020 10:46pm
Enid_Puceflange

Scotland 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Baltic Blue
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Thanks - I sent my email to the salesman’s corporate email address so maybe he only picks that up “at the office”!

Tim, it’s a stupid set up , due to Furlough we are only able to reply to internal emails
They have set up a system that stops us emailing out to customers or replying to external email addresses Rolling Eyes

I’m based at Fort Kinnaird branch now , we are expecting our ordered vehicles imminently
Full sales team may not be back until end of the month, have had one chap back in the showroom since this Monday My confidence has been writing cheques that my abilities can't cash for years.
Post #829478 6th May 2020 8:30am
Tim in Scotland

Thanks for that - I won’t get worked up about no reply until June!
I’m looking at a 110 D240 SE with metallic paint, pano-roof, off road pack, towing pack, cold climate pack and the winch kit.
I’m also going to be ruthless on price and will not pay the £65000 that configurator reckons that car will cost me -£55000 to £57000 might go a long way to JLR getting an order over me keeping my TDi 300 and replacing the Mini with a Tesla3 Long Range, a low miles used I-Pace or even a Renault Zoe - I want to reduce to one car (even a distinctly heavily polluting one) that can cover what I do in my Defender and double up as a daily driver. I also don’t think people have realized just how much VED and Luxury Car Tax a New Defender is going to cost them over 5 years - it is a frightening amount for a new model vehicle. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #829481 6th May 2020 8:56am
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Just before Christmas my wife and I were considering replacing our three year old Discovery Sport with the face lifted model in March of this year. We decided to keep it for another year as it had been trouble free ( Whistle ). If we had have changed it then it would have been around 20th March, six days before lock down. I would have been seriously upset sat in my study looking out at £40,000 gathering dust on the driveway.

I suppose like many people we are now considering our options as to whether we actually need two Land Rovers, maybe we get rid of the DS and just keep the Defender which is a late model with low mileage. (The Defender stays whatever happens).

There must be thousands of people the World over pondering about a future car purchase. I suppose a lot depends on whether they have a job to go back to and if they are prepared to commit to years of finance payments or breaking open their piggy bank. Likewise businesses will also be asking those same questions.

Can a relatively small vehicle manufacturer like JLR survive this projected mind swing?

I shall keep my eyes peeled for my first on road viewing of a 2020 Defender. Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #829492 6th May 2020 9:52am
zilch

Australia 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Thanks for that - I won’t get worked up about no reply until June!
I’m looking at a 110 D240 SE with metallic paint, pano-roof, off road pack, towing pack, cold climate pack and the winch kit.

Tim, did you consider adding the e-diff option ? yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #829591 6th May 2020 10:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 9 123456789>