↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > What sort of git does this fly tipping
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
We have a lovely local nature reserve created in a long cutting from an old beeching cut railway line. One of the embankments backs onto a large housing estate. When you walk along the trail you can see streams of rubbish that has rolled down the embankment from the some of the houses above to the point it is obvious which houses the rubbish has come from. But because no one sees it sctually being done, nothing happens to stop it other than a local voluntary group puts on the gloves and boots and goes and picks it up, only for it to be replaced in short order. So depressing 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #912154 13th Jul 2021 10:35am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Chuck it back in?

I always thought that in a similar vein, councils in Northern Ireland were missing a trick by cleaning up after these scumbags. After a riot, there’d be damage and mess like you couldn’t imagine: burnt out cars, buses, vans, broken bottles, bits of wood and masonry scattered everywhere, complete bedlam, and after all was done the council would spend the night (and our tax dollars) clearing it up. As such, by the time most of the scrotes woke up after their night of fun, their estate/local community would be pretty much back to normal, giving them licence to start again.

It occurred to me one morning watching this, that the community elders might call a halt to proceedings more quickly and rein the youngsters in, if the mess was just left there and allowed to pile up, get bigger after each night of rioting, and start to rot and smell. There’s only so many burnt out vehicles and so much mess you can walk past before it becomes unacceptable. Get rid of it and tidy up after them and it merely gave the youngsters impunity to kick off again.

As such, the volunteers in your case should tip it back into their gardens. Hopefully there’s only so much rubbish they’d want piling up in their back yard, not to mention the effort to keep tipping it back over, before they decided to get rid of it appropriately. Not exclusively, but one or two might get the message. But it would be a war of attrition, a war of will. Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #912213 13th Jul 2021 4:30pm
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Bluest wrote:
We have a lovely local nature reserve created in a long cutting from an old beeching cut railway line. One of the embankments backs onto a large housing estate. When you walk along the trail you can see streams of rubbish that has rolled down the embankment from the some of the houses above to the point it is obvious which houses the rubbish has come from. But because no one sees it sctually being done, nothing happens to stop it other than a local voluntary group puts on the gloves and boots and goes and picks it up, only for it to be replaced in short order. So depressing

Similar issue where I work, obvious who it is but pretty much impossible to do anything about it!! DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #912218 13th Jul 2021 4:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123