↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > What sort of git does this fly tipping
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
leeds

United Kingdom 
People who do not deal with their waste correctly are in the wrong and fly tippers are the scum of the earth.

Apologies if this turns into a rant.

So if someone draws up on a public road and lobs a fridge/sofa/rubbish into a field which might be a field used for grazing livestock.. Now farmer comes along and to protect the livestock pitches the flytipped rubbish back over the wall onto public highway. Farmer is then liable to prosecution for fly tipping if caught out.

Now I had a storage unit in student ville of Leeds side door kicked in and rubbish dumped inside from local student houses. Yes the four legged rats were enjoying themselves on the takeaway boxes etc. Leeds environmental health threaten me with prosecution and threaten to clear up the rubbish and bill me. That cost me several hundred pounds to clean up the rubbish left by the scumbags who damaged my property by breaking into it.

Now is recycling in the western world squeaky clean? Sorry but the affluent western world exports its garbage around the world.

The Philippines have a major problem at the moment. Container loads of 'plastic' for recycling from Canada are actually household rubbish, dirty nappies etc.

Now as a considerate UK person with your old electrical item which you take down to your local recycling centre you feel good that you have done right by the planet? Ooops how much of those computers/tv/fridges etc actually lands up in a country like Ghana where the locals strip out the components and burn off the pvc etc in the open air. For a USD per day they suffer all sorts of respiratory illnesses and nasty burms etc trying to extract the copper etc. Slight problem there they can not afford the safety gear to protect themselves or the medical costs to try and slow down the health issues.

Your local bus company gets rid of the dirty diesel buses to improve local environment. What happens to the buses? Ooops they are exported to less wealthy countries so another case of wealthy countries exporting their pollution.

Brendan
Post #773751 18th May 2019 7:49pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Leeds, we live in a disposable world now sadly and things just get chucked for the sake of it now. How often do people fix Tv etc now? not many people do sadly. CRT stuff I think was retired for no reason, I see no difference between the CRT TV and the later stuff. To me it was a waste of money pushing LCD and LED stuff on! I am a one for fixing stuff if possible, rather than just replace it. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #773788 18th May 2019 10:09pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
leeds wrote:

So if someone draws up on a public road and lobs a fridge/sofa/rubbish into a field which might be a field used for grazing livestock.. Now farmer comes along and to protect the livestock pitches the flytipped rubbish back over the wall onto public highway. Farmer is then liable to prosecution for fly tipping if caught out.
Brendan

Yes, indeed. Another grey area is what if you come across obstruction on a BOAT. (Byway.)
Okay, you think I'll pop out remove it to the side if possible and continue.
You are right next to your Defender, what if you are seen OR there is surveillance of what ever format that is.
They could then argue you are the culprit yourself by "being in possession" of the waste merely just by moving it quite innocently because you have right to access.

There are a couple of nice little short cut of Byways near me I now no longer ever use due to this very issue and damaging debris in the vicinity.
I've had tyre damage 3 times in 9 years purely due to broken glass, since I no longer use these culprit couple of lanes luckily have no further issues.

Don't get me started on random glass bottles left on the roads too!

On a different note, not so sure about LCD but LED was brought about to save energy which indeed it does and largely more reliable.
Once it has had its lifetime which is very long indeed that is it though.

Regarding fixing things too, you have to bear in mind safety.
What maybe common sense to some is meaningless to another individual and many things have type approvals etc to meet too.
Good or bad, once altered from manufacturer spec the build standard at manufacture is then void by the modification followed though with.

Local authorities have also been messing around with waste collection dates and bins etc too, often determined to collect less leaving many with a surplus of waste.
You can guess what sons want to do with that!

We had this last year, a surplus of waste but we kept it to get rid of it bit by bit, bit by bit over a period of time to get rid eventually and catch up.
That took about 5 months using the standard waste collection.

I think it's a city folk issue more than anything, but equally they do have issues that many of us not in it don't have to live with.
People being forced to live on top of one another is not right, and one of the reasons our natural wildlife and countries well being is being ebbed away.

Concrete also gives off CO2, but that's another issue. We certainly are over populated and waste and packaging must be reduced but it's not individuals who created it. Target the sources for responibity as a start and work back to the end user / purchaser from there.

How anyone can just throw anything out a car window or similar I do not know.
It'd never sit well with me, these people must be very different is all I can say! Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #773794 18th May 2019 11:00pm
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
blackwolf wrote:
^^ Two points: (1) I wouldn't mind betting that the fly-tipping clean up costs come from a different budget line and therefore don't equate directly, and (2) if the fly-tipping is on private land it costs the council nothing, it is the landowner or occupier who has to bear the cost.

In fact, if someone dumps a lorry-load of 500 scrap tyres or fridges on your land you probably won't even find anyone who'll investigate for you, it will be considered a civli matter.

Shocking.

In Redcar some years ago a group of gang who were supposed to be disposing of tyres on behalf of different tyre fitting companies were driving along residential streets throwing them into peoples gardens under cover of darkness. If I remember correctly the local authority would collect them if you lived in social housing but not if you owned your own property. Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #773821 19th May 2019 8:41am
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
My local authority burn household rubbish at an incinerator owned by a private company who supply the waste heat as a means of heating house in a near by town. This facility also allows residents to take household rubbish not collected by the local authority.

I used to take garden rubbish, waste from my home alterations without any problem until I purchased the 110. I turned up one day with four broken paving stones only to be refused entry, the reasons given were vehicle to high to fit under newly install height barrier ( cars only allowed in site) and my vehicles was classed by the site owners and the local authority as a commercial vehicle and therefore by association the waste was commercial and it would have to be taken to a commercial waste facility and I would be charged £50.00 a visit. Banging Head Banging Head Censored I felt like, in my annoyed state, dumping it at the entrance like other had done but no I drove 50 yards to a company who separate soil from hardcore and had a word with the gate man who arranged a bob cat to carry the paving stones away for crushing. Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #773828 19th May 2019 9:04am
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
there was a spate of flytipping down a road from ongar to Romford Litterlly couldn't turn off, piles of rubbish like 6 to 8 foot high, constantly having to snake round them.

I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #773875 19th May 2019 1:47pm
jaygti

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
This was a mile from my house , a few months ago😮

Click image to enlarge
 2002 td5 90 county hardtop
Post #773891 19th May 2019 4:01pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
OsloBlue wrote:
there was a spate of flytipping down a road from ongar to Romford Litterlly couldn't turn off, piles of rubbish like 6 to 8 foot high, constantly having to snake round them.

let me guess the farmer got done Evil or Very Mad

some arse wipes who own a shop (selling white goods) opposite where I used to work and next to a bus stop one morning about 7.30am just walked out with a load of polystyrene and just chucked it into the road !
Post #773897 19th May 2019 5:03pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Good on 'em.
Only trouble is that I bet the van was stolen as well.
I do hope the farmers didn't get charged with anything.
Post #773898 19th May 2019 5:08pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I am surprised that the farmers didn't have a gun and potted their arses. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #773909 19th May 2019 7:36pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
It just keeps getting worse Clinical waste fly-tipped.

For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #774025 20th May 2019 1:02pm
Caterham

WTF.

Big Cry
Post #774028 20th May 2019 1:32pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
A little Justice

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/steve-jones-fly-...21116.html Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #912015 12th Jul 2021 10:25am
Caterham

good.
Post #912023 12th Jul 2021 11:02am
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Even if taking all waste to the council waste and recycling centres was free, I reckon there would still be many scrotes who would fly-tip.

Some people just don't have a civic mentality irrespective of whether there is money involved,

E.g. in my local park there are plenty of rubbish bins that the council empties multiple times a week.
Park users still throw rubbish all over, sometimes just a few feet away from the bins.
Post #912153 13th Jul 2021 9:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>