↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Who’s reserved a build slot then?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
J77

Scotland 
Smilesapart wrote:
I’ve just been to see and test drive the new 110 today! I was initially shocked by the sheer size of it from the outside. But once I took it for a test drive we were both totally smitten. It drives beautifully, with the feel of a cross between the old Disco 4 and my friends 2019 Range Rover Vogue.
Love all the quirky Details and the obvious Land Rover detailing.

It was so good we paid our deposit today and are now in the build queue for provisional delivery in late October early November.

Very excited.

Chose the 110 D240 S in Green with khaki green interior. Sunroof. Upgraded to the plainer 5 spoke alloys, off road tyres, wheel arch protection, privacy glass and sun roof. Front & Rear large mud guards. Cold Climate pack. Rubber Mats and finally black and green logos in the wheel centres.

Very excited!!!

Nice spec, I think the S is a nice spec in general.
Post #844282 17th Jul 2020 5:21pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
DeeEss wrote:
blackwolf wrote:
I think that the new Defender will probably be a very worthy successor to the Disco 1/2/3/4.

It will not however be a true successor to the old Defender.

in agreement on this one. I actually rather like it and SWAMBO does need a new vehicle. If only it was named "Dosco" Rolling Eyes

I completely agree. This is a brilliant Land Rover but it’s really the new Discovery rather than new Defender. But I don’t care. It’s fantastic
Post #844302 17th Jul 2020 6:30pm
Tim in Scotland

D240 is a brilliant application in the Defender too, I had my doubts that it would be up to the job, but it’s really smooth and refined but can be a vocal over 2500rpm especially when is cold. I’m also pleased with the fuel ecomony so far although I haven’t yet tested it with a full day in low ratio out on the hills.
To be able to cruise a Defender at 75-80 all day (and have loads of power in reserve just in case) with no wind noise, little tyre Noise and a quiet engine is one of the things that makes this a great car for long distance travel.. would love to see the TR getting the Dynamic setting from the RRS TR2, then it would be a magic drive on a twisty road too. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #844308 17th Jul 2020 6:55pm
zilch

Australia 
I have just been issued my VIN number, I ordered a P400 SE last September, built the 10th July,
it will arrive in Sydney the end of this Sept, so a year thereabouts. I have added the e-diff,
black contrast roof, 5+2 seats, tow pack (with Tr2), plus a chunk of the expedition pack as
it will within 6 months be touring Australia for at least 12 months, a combination of on road,
Unsealed roads, off road trails. I look forward to getting it into the nether regions of Australia yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #844503 18th Jul 2020 9:59am
Tim in Scotland

You should be able to press the dealership for the name of the ship it will sail to Aus on then you can track it on MarineTraffic.com from the loading port on the Baltic Sea to Sydney, here’s a map of the marine traffic at 1010UTC this morning...... just a couple of ships sailing that route!

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #844509 18th Jul 2020 11:08am
zilch

Australia 
Thumbs Up Cheers Tim, I will keep a close eye on the movement once the dealer provides the details. yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #844513 18th Jul 2020 11:20am
Telemarkskier

United Kingdom 
Just taken the plunge
After 3 test drives in two different vehicles, I was completely in love with the 2020 Defender 110. I had initially ruled it out as too large but the ease of driving and sure footed placement on rural roads was a revelation. Even when equipped with off road tyres its so smooth and little in the way of road noise. Driving position and seat comfort appear to be spot on as if tailored to my body size. So much so, I changed my mind that it was too big and ordered one. Warning to others, drive it and you will probably love it!
On the last of the test drives, I reset the trip computer to try to get an indication of MPG from the D240. Keeping to the speed limits and trying to find as many 'hills' as possible in Wiltshire 2 hours later back at the dealership the TC was indicating 38mpg. OK it may be a bit optimistic but its indicative and not a disaster by any means. The same route in my Freelander 2 would have given about the same reading.
Land Rover website for build specifications is somewhat restrictive, e.g. you can only get the spare wheel cover as part of the Urban Pack. Hopefully they will become available at a future date. Many more examples of JLR trying to get more cash too. However they miss out on an option to order with winter tyres fitted.
Now the wait begins for an October build slot.
Post #844920 20th Jul 2020 8:12pm
Tim in Scotland

Spare wheel cover is a dealer supplied accessory, it doesn't have to be ordered as part of the Urban pack it is available separately. I collected mine last Thursday as it had been on back order with the factory for 4 weeks and I ordered two days before I was taking delivery. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #844941 20th Jul 2020 9:27pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Re: Just taken the plunge
Telemarkskier wrote:
After 3 test drives in two different vehicles, I was completely in love with the 2020 Defender 110. I had initially ruled it out as too large but the ease of driving and sure footed placement on rural roads was a revelation. Even when equipped with off road tyres its so smooth and little in the way of road noise. Driving position and seat comfort appear to be spot on as if tailored to my body size. So much so, I changed my mind that it was too big and ordered one. Warning to others, drive it and you will probably love it!
On the last of the test drives, I reset the trip computer to try to get an indication of MPG from the D240. Keeping to the speed limits and trying to find as many 'hills' as possible in Wiltshire 2 hours later back at the dealership the TC was indicating 38mpg. OK it may be a bit optimistic but its indicative and not a disaster by any means. The same route in my Freelander 2 would have given about the same reading.
Land Rover website for build specifications is somewhat restrictive, e.g. you can only get the spare wheel cover as part of the Urban Pack. Hopefully they will become available at a future date. Many more examples of JLR trying to get more cash too. However they miss out on an option to order with winter tyres fitted.
Now the wait begins for an October build slot.

I only ordered mine on Friday and have today been given a September 8th build date! So you may be Pleasantly surprised to find it being built a tad earlier maybe?
What is the model/spec/colour combo you’ve gone for?
Post #844951 20th Jul 2020 10:00pm
Telemarkskier

United Kingdom 
Gone for Fuji White, D240 110 SE with black pack exterior, privacy glass, sliding panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, cold climate pack, off road tyres, Acorn interior, electronic active diff, plus deployable side steps to keep someone who gives permission happy!
Post #845105 21st Jul 2020 8:20pm
Telemarkskier

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Spare wheel cover is a dealer supplied accessory, it doesn't have to be ordered as part of the Urban pack it is available separately. I collected mine last Thursday as it had been on back order with the factory for 4 weeks and I ordered two days before I was taking delivery.

Thanks very useful to know.
Post #845106 21st Jul 2020 8:21pm
Tim in Scotland

I might add it is REALLY difficult to fit it so get the dealers guys to do it. I’ve given up trying. I never have this problem fitting the cover on the 16” wheel on my old 90. The tailored goretex seat covers will also test your finger nail strength they are also really tight to fit Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #845118 21st Jul 2020 8:48pm
J77

Scotland 
I’ve done a few seat covers. Fitted them to both my D4s as they had cloth seats, they do try your patience.
Post #845122 21st Jul 2020 8:57pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Telemarkskier wrote:
Gone for Fuji White, D240 110 SE with black pack exterior, privacy glass, sliding panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, cold climate pack, off road tyres, Acorn interior, electronic active diff, plus deployable side steps to keep someone who gives permission happy!

Oooh very nice!! I really had a job to choose between the Green and the White. There were Defenders in both colours and it looked fab in the white with the black pack. Black wheels? Black roof? Are you adding the black 110 bonnet decal?
I’m still toying whether or not to add the side steps as it is a long climb up into the vehicle for some! Can’t wait to see your photos when you get it.
Post #845166 21st Jul 2020 11:18pm
Telemarkskier

United Kingdom 
I have maxed out with ££££s. There are so many desirable options its all too easy to keep adding extra goodies.
Post #845255 22nd Jul 2020 2:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>