↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > BeaTie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 26 <123 ... 131415 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
Early on in the week, when we had our bit snow, that lasted about 2 hours if that, which was supposed to be here weeks ago! My wipers started to make a nasty squeak from wipe to park, Got right on my nerves! So that day after I got home from work, I got good old misery arse to help me with the spraying some WD40 in the system. All is ok for now, I may look at some 3in one stuff, as I know wd40 doesn't really cut the mustard.
Also I have some nice goodies to put on the car too, but I will have to wait for the weather to get better. I may look at something next week, while I am on backs. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #817481 28th Feb 2020 11:53pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
ok, time for some upgrades, one item I had moth balled just after Xmas, and two others I got a few weeks ago. I decided while I am on the later shift and my dad is out of my hair, I will make some progress.

So in the last two days I fitted side sill inners

Before, ( this was what it was on both sides)

Click image to enlarge

after

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

and a somthing a little special
Whistle

Click image to enlarge

took a bit of reworking to get it all sorted, due to knackard screws and rotten bolts. So i had to do things in stages.

also a touch of class, i have been toying like hell with this upgrade since i bought her. so i thought i will get these to go with the somthing special.

Click image to enlarge

after

Click image to enlarge

a posh one ( with the wheel)

Click image to enlarge

looks miles better with a few quid spent, i may do the controls and stalks, but i have the 306 to tidy up and sort. That car needs it. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #818582 7th Mar 2020 12:36am
Procta

United Kingdom 
well with the lockdown, I have decided to jump on the damp smell in the land rover, while the weather is nice. I sprinkled a load of biocarb soda in the car and left it in there for day. Also took both floor carpets etc up in the foot wells, so that can dry out. Still on going that.
But i did tackle some neat little upgrades, and in the middle of tidying somthing up in the back.
I bought these off TJH1985 just for the sake of a cheeky upgrade for the interior.
some YRM metals seat box corner covers.

Click image to enlarge

so those are now on,

Click image to enlarge

Then I decided I might as well roll out an upgrade, from Gore. The window screen blocks.
I think water has been getting in through there like,

Click image to enlarge

whipped off the old ones, its amazing what you find! This land rover has been silconed together!! Shocked
no gasket at all on the pass side!

Click image to enlarge

That took a little getting off i tell you!
The conditon of one of the old units,

Click image to enlarge

All fitted both sides with DUM DUM and the gasket,

Click image to enlarge

looks a little ugly but as long as it helps
My dad came over for me to to help him with another job, so he gave them a tighten down for me, He likes them!

Work in progress getting these horrid screws out, I am switching these to stainless,
rear door floor seal thing

Click image to enlarge

My dad came over to give a hand as these are going to be a Censored ! 3 have come out with mole grips, but the others were not playing, But that could be down to, us getting tired and things started to fail.
When a job goes well, should really stop Laughing

On the other side of things, We are working on my dads land rover, We are doing a steering box job, i should ask him if i can post a thread on Terr, and how things are gone on since he came into the family. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #821368 26th Mar 2020 12:41am
L110CDL

England 
I think that you might have found your water leaking in if there was no gasket on the window block Procta, just keep an eye out for any water on the floor when we have some more rain Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #821517 26th Mar 2020 9:01pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah we will see, the front mat is taking some drying a long with the insulation too. The smell is slowly going, I may give it another going over with the soda. If my mum decides to get a few things I will ask her to get me an air freshener, as she is the only one out on the road now due to her work. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #821535 26th Mar 2020 10:53pm
L110CDL

England 
Sounds like a good idea with the " smelly " but imo i would not get one, then you would know when the smell/damp has gone Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #821719 27th Mar 2020 8:59pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah I am waiting to see if things are going, with me doing the odd jobs I have left the doors open to let some air through the car, I used to do this with my rover metro GTA.
Nothing much more we can do at the moment, really with the full works locked down, But we did manage to sort out the screws for the rear plate thing, as I posted. Why the hell did he use those screws is beyond me and my dad, My dad had to knock off the heads, and then we drilled the rest out. All sorted now, I might switch it for a black unit, but not sure. I might look at doing something more with the car, with the front mud flaps But we will see. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #821734 28th Mar 2020 12:57am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Looks like BeaTie has a buggard battery, so a new one is ordered off from halfords, I am not risking getting a fine off the police, I may have to top the car up for diesel and have a tick over session. every couple of days. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #822104 29th Mar 2020 5:13pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Starting and letting it tick-over is probably worse battery wise than simply letting it alone.....
Post #822127 29th Mar 2020 6:47pm
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Half these problems could be solved by driving it more Thumbs Up

Use it for your government-sanctioned shopping trip or exercise.
Post #822149 29th Mar 2020 7:42pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I have been fellas, When she has sat for 3 days she would struggle a little to start, but fired into life. It was last Monday when we had a really cold morning that she refused to fire, Prior to that she was used all week previously. My mums been using the 306 and my dads land rover his in bits at the moment so its been another worker. So she has had a good run, even though its started, the battery is starting to show signs of not holding full charge now, I have had this with the 306 twice. That car is now on its 2nd battery with me. I always fit heavy duty units just to help kick the car over into life. The rover metro I had, it was rocking a full heavy duty diesel battery. That would fire into life with a flick of a key. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #822183 29th Mar 2020 10:13pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
took some delivering but my new battery is now installed, it fires up with a simple flick of the key now, and with less smoke. Very Happy So the battery wasnt in the best of health at all, this new one is a yusa one and its bloody massive! Same battery my dad has on our Terr. I should really go to the petrol station and top her up with diesel. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #823806 6th Apr 2020 9:57pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Are you sure the alternator isn’t on it’s way out if it’s your second new battery? Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #823845 7th Apr 2020 9:15am
Procta

United Kingdom 
this is the 1st new battery, that i have fitted. The 306 is on to its second new battery with me, The 1st battery replacement was nearly 10 years ago Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #823874 7th Apr 2020 12:52pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Ah, sorry misread it Thumbs Up Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #823898 7th Apr 2020 2:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 14 of 26 <123 ... 131415 ... 242526>