United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Some JLR products to peruse also:

Click image to enlarge

And I've just seen they have my favourite car of all time there too Shocked

Click image to enlarge
Post #928734 6th Nov 2021 10:21am
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
It was a good little show, a bit pricey to get in, but it can’t have been cheap renting that space. There were a few other Classic Defenders on display, a lovely old G Wagon, a lot of new Jimmy’s and what I thought was an old Pinzgauer, but noticed it was on leaf springs so not sure and an Iltis, to keep 4x4 enthusiasts happy.

Favourite car there though was either the Honda NSX or the Lister Bell Stratos replica.

So the Grenadier, it was there. It was the prototype with the proper final interior (except the load area) that they don’t let you sit in as they need to keep it nice and some of it is quite flimsy. For instance, you can’t grab the grab handles as they are just 3d printed facsimiles, not very strong.

First impressions; I was a bit underwhelmed at first, but I think that’s because I have been looking forward to seeing it for so long and hunting out every photo and video I can find for a long time now, so it’s actually a familiar vehicle to me. Also, it was silver which I don’t think is the best colour for it. It’s really wide. The door handles feel like opening a bank vault. Interior floor is high, which makes it look like it might be more cramped than you’d expect. If I’m honest, the dash looked quite cheap in terms of material and style.

I had a good chat with the marketing guy. He confirmed the 5 seat utliity has a bigger boot than the wagon due to the angle and position of the rear bench. He also confirmed the online parts diagrams with ability to order parts direct from the workshop manual. 6000 units next year, then a big ramp up in the following years. There’s is loads of capacity in the factory and there shouldn’t be long wait times for delivery after the initial ramp up. They have taken about 10k deposits and they expect to convert about 75% into actual orders come time to commit next year. They are expecting the US to be the biggest market. He stressed numerous times this is a very high quality item built to last and they want to see them almost become family heirlooms passed down the generations! They are keen to have a vibrant community of owners and are working on how to make that happen right now. They are embracing the aftermarket. They actually changed the chassis design after Australian bull bar makers suggested some things to make it easier for them to fit their products.

There was mention of it being sold/serviced through agricultural machinery dealers, which I though they’d gone away from.

The bit I found most interesting, I commented that I wish there was a less costly model with a smaller engine and manual box as I don’t think it necessarily needs 300bhp. He volunteered that they are evaluating other engines for developing world markets as fuel quality is a problem for the BMW unit, including engines from Cummins. I’ve not heard that anywhere else before. My guess is that they probably won’t be offered in Europe though. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #928830 6th Nov 2021 9:47pm
Supacat

Some interesting snippets there 👍.

The width could be an issue for many, we have the width as 2.03m from the interior overhead panel and Vehicle width (excluding mirrors) 1,930mm from the online brochure.

For me the issue with the online manuals is nobody has mentioned cost ~ is everyone assuming it's free to all, or free at least with a vehicle purchase; and then transferable to new owners? If it is free then why not make a big thing of it, at the very least mention it. It's the USP after all, as at present it could be no different to a Topix subscription?

The reservation number is in the ballpark but lower than guesstimated in the separate thread. I wonder if anyone reserved and then later cancelled?

A bespoke official Forum would be my choice for a community.

Agri dealers being confirmed was part of the big live announcements ~ have I missed something since?

Click image to enlarge

https://t.co/1Zolp16lbF https://twitter.com/Popbangcolour/status/1457063856904278016?s=20

Iltis looked good:

Click image to enlarge

https://t.co/vUpIkhmUNa https://twitter.com/rich1068/status/1457097989961523205?s=20
Post #928854 7th Nov 2021 6:39am
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
The reason for my comment re: the ag dealers….

One of the Grenadier groups on FB seems to be at least a semi-official group with Ineos employees commenting and drip feeding info from time to time. When I mentioned on there about the prospect of them using agri-machinery firms I was very rapidly corrected by one of said Ineos employees, who said that rumour was not correct. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #928884 7th Nov 2021 12:09pm
Supacat

From one of the Facebook groups :

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

https://www.facebook.com/233928700192/post...sn=scwspmo

I thought at the live event they had mentioned 3 agri dealers (or it might have been in the press reports that preceded the event).

Edit:

"Ineos plans to "make the buying process as convenient and painless as possible" with an equal focus on providing a digital retail model and a physical dealer network, which will eventually comprise 23 sites. Agreements have already been signed with Compass Tractors in Bridgwater, JT Hughes in Telford and the multi-brand Cambria Automobiles group.

In addition, Ineos has partnered with Bosch to provide aftersales support and plans to open 14 service-only facilities across the UK."
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-car...C2%A348000

Farmers Guide (@FarmersGuide) Tweeted:
As this year's Midlands Machinery Show starts to wrap up (it's been great, thank you, organisers, 🤩), we spoke to @chandlersfe

Gavin Pell from Chandlers and Jack Stanley from Grenadier with the brand new Ineos Grenadier being exhibited ahead of opening for orders March 2022 🥳 https://t.co/pou8RaM0XS https://twitter.com/FarmersGuide/status/1458099921530273798?s=20

Click image to enlarge
Post #929295 10th Nov 2021 7:27am
m0ondogy

United States 
Looks like they updated the builder to include a red and orange paint option for the nose and back door. Make it look more like the prototype that's been shows off.
Post #930302 18th Nov 2021 11:36pm
m0ondogy

United States 
Duplicate post. My bad.
Post #930303 18th Nov 2021 11:37pm
Supacat

Good spot ~ Ineos listening to their customers, although I wonder how many will choose either of the options?

Would it be that hard to email reservation holders when they made additions to the configurator?
Post #930311 19th Nov 2021 7:59am
Intercept

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 Black LE Java Black
m0ondogy wrote:
Looks like they updated the builder to include a red and orange paint option for the nose and back door. Make it look more like the prototype that's been shows off.

If I chose the contrast nose I'd want the recovery rings to match the nose colour - right now if you choose an orange nose the rings stay red. 1st world problems Laughing
Post #930335 19th Nov 2021 12:20pm
Supacat

Liking the look of this, I assume diff lock(s) on front and rear axles were in as it appears visible wheels lift and there's no lack of gentle forward movement :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8372547001...729614396/

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #930386 19th Nov 2021 5:20pm
Danny Fireblade

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Alpine White
Can’t see the post as it’s hidden by Facebook and I’m not on Facebook.
Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?
Post #930387 19th Nov 2021 5:31pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I joined the facebook group to watch the video.
Looks to have plenty of axle articulation as well, for those who were doubting this based on the early taster pictures of the suspension set up.
And as you say Supacat, no frantic spinning of the wheels as they lose contact with the ground until the electronic traction aids kick in. Very smooth progress.
Post #930388 19th Nov 2021 5:33pm
Supacat

Intercept wrote:
m0ondogy wrote:

If I chose the contrast nose I'd want the recovery rings to match the nose colour - right now if you choose an orange nose the rings stay red. 1st world problems Laughing

Maybe you will get the choice of main body colour for the recovery points as per some of the current prototypes?

Click image to enlarge
Post #930393 19th Nov 2021 5:59pm
Supacat

Danny Fireblade wrote:
Can’t see the post as it’s hidden by Facebook and I’m not on Facebook.
Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

Screenshots were in my original post ~ no?
Post #930394 19th Nov 2021 6:00pm
Danny Fireblade

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Alpine White
Nope, just a link to Facebook where you had to be signed in to look at whatever is there.
For me, no Facebook account means not being able to see anything?
Post #930400 19th Nov 2021 6:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 62 of 106 <123 ... 616263 ... 104105106>