↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Main Grenadier discussion thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 71 of 106 <123 ... 707172 ... 104105106>
Print this entire topic · 
Chicken Drumstick

United Kingdom 
Can't see mpg being an issue on a vehicle of this price range. I also suspect the petrols mpg is very on par with any other petrol 4x4 of today or yesteryear.
Post #982907 18th Feb 2023 4:17pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Visited Ineos Gerrards Cross today as they has a showroom car. Turns out it was a customer car and PDI was next week before heading to its new owner.

Hugely impressive build and finish quality to the vehicle. The chassis looks like it’s built out of pig iron and is way thicker than my old Defenders. Fit and finish was G wagon. Paint and panel gaps again G wagon. If this was an early one off the line, it makes my similarly early RRS look terrible with a simple paint and panel gap comparison.

Huge want. I laid underneath and had a good poke around. It’s built like a Unimog. What I mean is that most items look appropriately over engineered. The vehicle was a Trailmaster with most extras on apart from the roof rack. The winch is excellent and beautifully engineered into its space. 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #982923 18th Feb 2023 6:08pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Quote:
The thing is, many things have replaced the Defender, the biggest replacement is the Japanese pickup. Even when LR was still producing the Defender it was loosing sales to pickups.

Agree. Out and about in Wales a few weekends back and it seemed that every farmer had a pickup. I saw one old Defender, the rest L200, Hilux, Isuzu and or the odd Ranger.

The market may be a small one for the Grenadier at that cost. But it will be interesting to see.
Post #982924 18th Feb 2023 6:09pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Dealer couldn’t pin down the tax aspect of the 2 and 5 seat commercials. That’s a shame as I’d buy to claim back in it.

He’d been told to say “we cannot confirm if this is acceptable to UK commercial rules and you will need to exhaust your own investigations into VAT and BIK.”

Not useful 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #982926 18th Feb 2023 6:12pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Chicken Drumstick wrote:
Can't see mpg being an issue on a vehicle of this price range. I also suspect the petrols mpg is very on par with any other petrol 4x4 of today or yesteryear.

My P400 110 was driven down to me the 134miles and averaged 29.2mpg on the LR optional off road tyre offering.
Post #982932 18th Feb 2023 6:46pm
Chicken Drumstick

United Kingdom 
But the new Defender isn’t really a direct comparison. I’m sure if I drove a diesel Fiesta on that route it’s do even better.
Post #983007 19th Feb 2023 4:00pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
If there is no "direct comparsion" then it is hard to claim its on par with any other petrol 4x4 .
Post #983016 19th Feb 2023 5:09pm
Chicken Drumstick

United Kingdom 
Thought it was self evident that it would refer to something similar in design and build. I have a petrol Jimny but wouldn’t for a second expect similar mpg.

Think G-Wagon, Wrangler and past V8 Landies and Range Rovers. Plus we don’t really know what sort of mpg the Ineos would have attained on the same run away.
Post #983058 20th Feb 2023 12:12am
lightning

United Kingdom 
Chicken Drumstick wrote:
But the new Defender isn’t really a direct comparison. I’m sure if I drove a diesel Fiesta on that route it’s do even better.

lt's a 4x4 designed to go off road, a similar size and weight to the Grenadier, and has the same capacity engine with the same bhp
lt's also got the same ZF 8-speed transmission
Post #983249 21st Feb 2023 7:36pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
familymad wrote:
Visited Ineos Gerrards Cross today as they has a showroom car. Turns out it was a customer car and PDI was next week before heading to its new owner.

Hugely impressive build and finish quality to the vehicle. The chassis looks like it’s built out of pig iron and is way thicker than my old Defenders. Fit and finish was G wagon. Paint and panel gaps again G wagon. If this was an early one off the line, it makes my similarly early RRS look terrible with a simple paint and panel gap comparison.

Huge want. I laid underneath and had a good poke around. It’s built like a Unimog. What I mean is that most items look appropriately over engineered. The vehicle was a Trailmaster with most extras on apart from the roof rack. The winch is excellent and beautifully engineered into its space.

That does sound very good, l may look seriously at ordering one subject to a test drive. lt would have to be the diesel though, 15mpg would be a serious amount of coin with the mileage l do.
Post #983251 21st Feb 2023 7:39pm
Chicken Drumstick

United Kingdom 
lightning wrote:
Chicken Drumstick wrote:

lt's a 4x4 designed to go off road, a similar size and weight to the Grenadier, and has the same capacity engine with the same bhp
lt's also got the same ZF 8-speed transmission

Still quite different vehicles. Aero is likely very different and possibly rolling resistance too. A 3.2 diesel Land Cruiser has quite a bit less power but probably struggles to offer any better mpg than what was cited for the p400.
Post #983272 21st Feb 2023 10:45pm
Chicken Drumstick

United Kingdom 
lightning wrote:
familymad wrote:

Huge want. I laid underneath and had a good poke around. It’s built like a Unimog. What I mean is that most items look appropriately over engineered. The vehicle was a Trailmaster with most extras on apart from the roof rack. The winch is excellent and beautifully engineered into its space.

That does sound very good, l may look seriously at ordering one subject to a test drive. lt would have to be the diesel though, 15mpg would be a serious amount of coin with the mileage l do.

Where are you seeing 15mpg published?
Post #983273 21st Feb 2023 10:46pm
Moo

Ukraine 
Fuel consumption is well hidden:

https://mss-p-034-delivery.stylelabs.cloud...rochure_UK

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #983275 21st Feb 2023 10:53pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
That's on the combined cycle so urban is going to be less, which is where l spend 90% of my time.

I still want one though !!
Post #983276 21st Feb 2023 11:34pm
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Once the longer-term road test reports start arriving we'll know a lot more about MPG (especially the difference between petrol and diesel). The BMW X5's get half-decent MPG (with the same X5 xDrive30d engine) so I hope a Grenadier will be similar! Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #983818 27th Feb 2023 9:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 71 of 106 <123 ... 707172 ... 104105106>