↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Diesel mystery knock on the highway
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
enfield_dinosaur

2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Java Black
Interesting to see this topic is still active!

Here's an update from my rattler: with the exchange of my only loosely seated injectors the problem had been solved for good. The 110 ran fine for an additional 20,000 miles.

However, before it became boring, other sounds and sensations emerged: driveline clunk, increasingly stubborn clutch, oozing gearbox, broken indicator stalk, several fried lightswitches, unresponsive rear wiper, two more EGR valves and potentially corroded half-shaft and definitely corroded brakes. Just sent the truck to the shop to the tune of more then 4,000 GBP.

The fun never stops!
Post #842349 7th Jul 2020 4:05pm
Johan H

Finland 
Have not had any energy to tackle the problem lately...

Thing is, the seats are reamed, and I am very confident that the injectors are not moving. But the sound persists... and disappears when I press the throttle some more, but I would say it stops as soon as the turbo pressure increases, ie. ’when the injectors increase the amount of fuel, shouldn’t these two things occur at the same time? When I let go of the throttle there is something that sounds like a surge of rapid small knocks for 1 second or so. When driving constant velocity the knocks can nowadays get REALLY loud and when sligtly accelerating this becomes the more like a smaller rattle, like the sound everybodu has described.

I’m starting to give up with the car
Post #850052 15th Aug 2020 7:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234