↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > Retrofit puma doors on base spec td5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
achuakh

Singapore 2002 Defender 90 Td5 SW Oslo Blue
Any 10AS will work.

You just need the relay from NEC it's a EP2 3N1S It's prolly about 2 bucks.

THen you just need to program it to get it talking to the ECU and then enable the CDL and alram if needed.

I cheated and drilled a hole in my 10AS cover to get the CDL wires out to connect to my own loom to drive the CDL. From the land of the most expensive land rover defenders on planet earth. At �125k for a XS 110 csw and you get to own it only for 10yrs! Please find me a good reason to stay on this island.
Post #354109 28th Aug 2014 5:42am
epictrail

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 110 Td5 HT Chawton White
Trying to wire in Electric windows using Discovery-1 (300Tdi)/RR Classic (Soft Dash) electric windows switches AMR2496 on my TD5 110 Hardtop

Having trouble working out the wiring as the Disco Switches seem to switch on the Earth!! Or am I better getting the late type switches??

Any help greatly appreciated.
Post #433123 23rd Jun 2015 7:22pm
JimC

United States 2007 Defender 130 300 Tdi HCPU Arles Blue
Would it be possible to install a 10AS unit in a non-ECU vehicle and use only its central locking function? I realize that numerous aftermarket products are available which do just this, but I'm rather crazy about using genuine parts where I can and getting details like the correct key fobs.

Once again, thanks in advance!
Post #444486 9th Aug 2015 1:06pm
victor normandy

2000 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
I know that thread is really old but Gilarion you say that electric front windows do not use a relay, but it says the contrary on the wiring diagram i have,

I'm asking this because i'm currently doing the same thing now, retrofitting power windows and CDL on a 99MY TD5

gilarion wrote:
Hope this helps

Electric WINDOWS
DESCRIPTION
Introduction
Defender is now fitted with electric front windows, which operate when the ignition switch is
turned to the 'ignition' position. The window lift switches are non-latching, and are located on
the fascia console.
OPERATION
Power Distribution
Feed from the positive battery terminal (C0192) is supplied to fusible link 1 and fusible link
5 of the passenger compartment fuse box (C0632) on an N wire. Fusible link 1 is connected
in series with fusible link 3, which is also located in the under seat fuse box. Fusible link 3
(C0571) provides a constant battery feed to the ignition relay (C0218) on an NR wire.
Fusible link 5 (C0570) provides a constant battery feed to the ignition switch (C1043 on LHD,
C0028 on RHD) on an NW wire. When the ignition switch is turned to the 'ignition' position,
current flows across the switch (C1732 on LHD, C0094 on RHD) to fuse 15 of the passenger
compartment fuse box (C0580) on a W wire. Fuse 15 (C0580) provides an ignition feed to
the ignition relay coil (C0218) on an LGP wire. The relay coil (C0218) is earthed on a B wire.
RH Window
The energised ignition relay (C0218) provides a feed to fuse 34 of the passenger
compartment fuse box (C0595) on an NS wire. Fuse 34 (C0595) is connected to the RH
window switch (C0242) by an SO wire.
Up
When the window switch is moved to the 'Up' position, current flows across the switch
(C0242) to the RH window lift motor (C0326) on an OR then R wire. The window lift motor
(C0326) is provided an earth path via the window switch (C0242) on a U then OU then B
wire. The window lift motor is now able to power the window up.
Down
When the window switch is moved to the 'Down' position, current flows across the switch
(C0242) to the RH window lift motor (C0326) on an OU then U wire. The window lift motor
(C0326) is provided an earth path via the window switch (C0242) on an R then OR then B
wire. The window lift motor is now able to power the window down.
DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION
4.12 DEFENDER 02MY
LH Window
The energised ignition relay (C0218) provides a feed to fuse 35 of the passenger
compartment fuse box (C0595) on an NS wire. Fuse 35 (C0595) is connected to the LH
window switch (C0321) by an RG wire.
Up
When the window switch is moved to the 'Up' position, current flows across the switch
(C0321) to the LH window lift motor (C0326) on an R wire. The window lift motor (C0326) is
provided an earth path via the window switch (C0321) on a U then B wire. The window lift
motor is now able to power the window up.
Down
When the window switch is moved to the 'Down' position, current flows across the switch
(C0321) to the LH window lift motor (C0326) on a U wire. The window lift motor (C0326) is
provided an earth path via the window switch (C0321) on an R then B wire. The window lift
motor is now able to power the window down. Electric Windows
The factory switches swap the positive and negative polarities to the window motors (there's no Window ECU in the Defender) the switches switch the motors directly, here's the description of how they work -All the 2002 switches, except the Hazard Warning Switch, are not suitable for switching loads directly - use them to switch relays.

Two ways of doing it, firstly you can replicate the standard wiring:
(Remember pin numbers are looking at the end of the connector, as if you were the switch)

For the front electric windows, there are no relays as standard. The power is run directly through the switches to the motors, and comes from fuse 34 for the RH window and fuse 35 for the LH window. Power is supplied to both these fuses from the ignition relay on a brown/slate wire (4.00mm� - should already be present as I believe it feeds many other fuses - just needs extending to feed the two empty slots).

From fuse 34 a slate/orange wire (2.00mm�) runs to pin 2 of the driver's E/W switch. Then an orange/red wire (1.50mm�) comes from pin 4 and feeds one side of the electric window motor. If you use the standard in-door looms then this needs to connect to the red wire on the RH door motor. The orange/blue wire from pin 3 on the E/W switch (also 1.50mm�) connects to the blue wire in the door loom. There is a black wire (1.50mm�) from pin 1 on the switch which is an earth path, it goes to header 0287 but earth it where you like!

The passenger's window is very similar. A red/green (2.00mm�) wire feeds the switch on pin 2 and there is another earth (1.50mm�) on pin 1 to the same header as before. The feeds for the motor are on pins 3 and 4 as before, and use a blue wire and a red wire respectively (both 1.50mm�). These connect directly to the red and blue wires in the door loom.

Both E/W switches have illumination provided to pin 6 on a red/orange wire (0.5mm�). Take this from the illumination header (0290) behind the centre console.

For what it's worth, I'm planning on doing this method as I have gotten hold of a high-spec Td5 loom and I am stripping all the wires, connectors etc. out of it and I will splice these into my ROW-spec loom.

The other option is as you say to use your own wiring. I wouldn't bother with relays as the switches are designed for the load and you just add unnecessary wiring. You will need:

■Two 20A fused supplies (one for RH and one for LH window) in your aux fusebox.

■Some wiring (preferably four colours, red and blue, black and another for the feed).

■Feed both the switches on pin 2.

■Run pin 3 of each switch to the blue wire in the door loom.

■Run pin 4 of each switch to the red wire in the door loom.

■Provide an earth path on pin 1.

■Illumination on pin 6 if you desire.

■Use either 1.5mm� or 2.0mm� throughout (except for the illumination feed which is 0.5mm�).

■Terminal 1 - Fused Live IN

■Terminal 2 - Dash Illumination

■Terminal 3 - Not Used

■Terminal 4 - Switched Live OUT (to Relay)

■Terminal 5 � Earth

There are no relays in the Defender's Electric Window circuit, the switches do the switching directly.

Make sure you have the later switches, part number YUF101521LNF

. Power is fed from battery into the door (20 amps fuse box satellite through ignition relay) on the driver�s side. This is transferred through the control panel for the window switch to a contact point located at the middle of the switch of each of four windows
Post #828531 29th Apr 2020 5:11pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
What is meant is that the switches are not used to trigger relays for the motor power, the switches directly connect to the motors.

There is an ignition triggered relay on the 2002MY and later Defenders - this supplies the window switches.

So the relay is “upstream” of the switches (supplying them) not “downstream” (controlled by them)  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #828585 29th Apr 2020 7:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
victor normandy

2000 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
Oh ok thanks
Post #828598 29th Apr 2020 9:11pm
GregOb'

France 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Nato Green
Hi All,

I'm also about to do this upgrade in my TD4 2.4L MY2012 (Durisotti version).
I sadly don't have the connectors/looms already installed in this version so I will have to do everything myself.
Before putting the hand on the 10AS unit, does someone have an idea if this version has the relay or not?

I have bought all the genuine parts to complete the retrofit but I'm missing the connectors of all actuators @PaulMc, so I'm interested about buying these from you if you still have a few in stock.

Could you pm/email me?

I will be more than happy to post few pictures of the progress if that can be of any help for the next ones Idea
Post #930223 18th Nov 2021 1:39pm
Morea

Hello. How to connect the AMR2496 Switch? In Chinese windows. Thank you http://www.clublandrovertt.org/index.php?a...ype=avatar
Post #967358 11th Oct 2022 4:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12