↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Intercoolers for Puma 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
BruceT

South Africa 
Yeah you right. I guess we are used to waiting for things here.
I've just mailed them. Let's see what happens.
Post #158956 31st Jul 2012 5:08pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
BruceT wrote:
Pete I have decided if they don't reply to me by close of business monday I will cancel the order and then will be in contact with you.

Bruce reading back through the thread that Monday would have been eight days ago? I'm still surprised you 'rode with this one' and didn't do as you intended. The intercooler may well have been with you by now or at the very least winging it's way to you....

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #159032 1st Aug 2012 4:52am
BruceT

South Africa 
I stuck with it because they debited my account on the Saturday so I wrongly had some hope.

Well they haven't bothered replying to my emails in the last two days so I will phone them today.
Post #159034 1st Aug 2012 5:49am
K9F

Good luck Bruce. Thumbs Up I sincerely hope it pans out the way you want it to. Let us know how you get on. Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #159035 1st Aug 2012 7:01am
BruceT

South Africa 
Thank you.

Unfortunately for them is that there is a whole bunch of Landy owners here in SA waiting for me to get back to them with my results........but they seem to be too busy anyway to be able to supply so they probably wouldnt care.

Just phoned them and still no closer to an answer. They guy I have been dealing with is not in and they will get him to mail me with an answer when he is in.
Post #159040 1st Aug 2012 7:55am
richardd

Scotland 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 CSW Epsom Green
Just a point of information

I've dealt with Allisport for many years and as many have mentioned they can be slow to reply. Their products are second to none but when you are dealing direct with the manufacturer you can fall foul of their catch 22; talk to people and not get anything made or get it made and not talk!

For a standard product I'd always deal with one of their distributors then you get the best of products and, hopefully, good service.
Post #159105 1st Aug 2012 1:10pm
BruceT

South Africa 
I just received a long reply from them apologizing for the delay. I actually feel quite bad as I also sent them a email basically threatening them which was wrong of me, but at least i finally got a reply.....not an answer but a reply.

I hope am not being unreasonable but when you are on the other side of the world and you dont know who their dealers are (until it was too late in my case), you have no option but to assume you will get good service especially after seeing comments on ebay. they also state on Ebay that they have 10 units available and as of today (01 August) only 8 have been sold of that 10. So is there or isnt there stock??

All I wanted is an idea of when the order will be dispatched or even ready for dispatch. When placing the order I had originally asked if they could try and get them to me by the 3rd of August as I have a trip to Botswana on the 9th. They said they would try and get it to me.
From the email I received today they are running at a 8 to 10 week lead time and are under huge pressure due to staff shortages etc etc. I never knew that until today......it should have been communicated when I placed the order!

Unfortunately I have seen this too often, companies have a brilliant product but are let down by their service (no matter the excuse).
Under promise and over deliver, I say.
Post #159108 1st Aug 2012 1:28pm
K9F

Did you ask why they have taken the money then, when they are unable to supply the product for between two and two and a half months? Sounds like despite not being able to supply you with what you require they prevent you from going elsewhere by taking your money. Good business ethics??? Think not!!!!

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/cons...stance.htm If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #159109 1st Aug 2012 1:39pm
BruceT

South Africa 
K9F it hasn't been that long. Basically 3 weeks. My gripe is that I can not get a date. I would definitely have preferred to order from a company like BAS because then I would be ready for my trip next week.

P.s. your avatar is very disturbing in a funny way..... Smile
Post #159112 1st Aug 2012 1:49pm
wslr

United Kingdom 
If you have a Terrafirma dealer out there in SA, then see if they have any Serck Motorsport units - Part number TF181 for the off road and TF182 for the fast road.

OK, not the brand you are after, but easily as good as quality and performance wise.
Post #159115 1st Aug 2012 1:54pm
BruceT

South Africa 
Thank you WSlr. I am going to have to wait for this as my account has been deducted.
Post #159117 1st Aug 2012 1:59pm
richardd

Scotland 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 CSW Epsom Green
BruceT wrote:
I just received a long reply from them apologizing for the delay. I actually feel quite bad as I also sent them a email basically threatening them which was wrong of me, but at least i finally got a reply.....not an answer but a reply.

I hope am not being unreasonable but when you are on the other side of the world and you dont know who their dealers are (until it was too late in my case), you have no option but to assume you will get good service especially after seeing comments on ebay. they also state on Ebay that they have 10 units available and as of today (01 August) only 8 have been sold of that 10. So is there or isnt there stock??

All I wanted is an idea of when the order will be dispatched or even ready for dispatch. When placing the order I had originally asked if they could try and get them to me by the 3rd of August as I have a trip to Botswana on the 9th. They said they would try and get it to me.
From the email I received today they are running at a 8 to 10 week lead time and are under huge pressure due to staff shortages etc etc. I never knew that until today......it should have been communicated when I placed the order!

Unfortunately I have seen this too often, companies have a brilliant product but are let down by their service (no matter the excuse).
Under promise and over deliver, I say.

You're not being unreasonable, I'm just offering an alternative view.
Post #159118 1st Aug 2012 1:59pm
K9F

BruceT wrote:
K9F it hasn't been that long. Basically 3 weeks. My gripe is that I can not get a date. I would definitely have preferred to order from a company like BAS because then I would be ready for my trip next week. P.s. your avatar is very disturbing in a funny way..... Smile

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but as they are stating an eight to ten week lead time and you've already waited three weeks? By my reckoning from what they have said below you've only got another five to seven week wait until you get your intecooler!

BruceT wrote:
From the email I received today they are running at a 8 to 10 week lead time
 If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #159121 1st Aug 2012 2:03pm
BruceT

South Africa 
yes but that would have been great to know from the beginning when I was asking all the questions. I was told (on the 12th July) that they are busy with a batch which should be finished in 2 weeks and they will try and deliver it to me by the 3rd August. (see below sent to me on the 11th)

Also on Ebay it says they have stock??

But basically you are correct, it looks like I could have to wait up to another +- 5 - 7 weeks.

Received this on 12th
Quote:
We are building them to order right now, so I would expect to finish a batch of intercoolers in the next 2 weeks or so.
It may be best to pay with bank transfer, I can give you the details on a pro forma if you like, they make a charge of £9 which is better than the card charges.

Then on the 17th this:
Quote:
I am starting on a batch of these this week, so I will do my best but I will let you know when I have some available to send.
Thanks again.

At the end of the day I have been assured that I will get what I ordered and that I have not been ripped off. this was my main concern....Im happy about that.....im just sorry I am going to have to wait a lot longer than what I had expected.
Post #159125 1st Aug 2012 2:27pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
BruceT wrote:

At the end of the day I have been assured that I will get what I ordered and that I have not been ripped off. this was my main concern....Im happy about that.....im just sorry I am going to have to wait a lot longer than what I had expected.

Hi

I can assure you 100% you wont get ripped off from Andy at Allisport, I say this with such conficence if you do ill pay you the money back AND give you a free intercooler. You really have nothing to worry about.

Allisport are a really good company and make fantastic products but sometimes things happen in manafacturer that hold production up of stock which ends up in time delays for the customer.

Some may say increase staffing levels, BUT this can in some cases have an adverse effect on quality and consistancy due to different staff having different levels of capabilitys and styles of welding etc etc which is why its so hard to employ welders to work to a standard you wish for all your products.

Though I appreciate you have waited a while for your cooler, you will get it and it will be a fantastic peice of kit that has not been rushed out of the door just because the backlog may be high at the factory at the moment. The quality will still remain 100% and the manafacturer wont get rushed so you will end up with an intercooler that is worth the wait in the end im sure.

Pete
Post #159322 1st Aug 2012 11:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>