↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > wont start and alarm wont work.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mattlab

England 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Galway Green
wont start and alarm wont work.
hope someone can help, i was trying to do the alarm range extension wire mod, but mine does not have a orange with grey trace wire instead it has a white wire with the metal sheathing of that wire going into the next terminal which looks like the terminal that the orange wire should be in, looking at "andrew s" pictures on the subject. anyway i removed the whole plug from the green box to get a better look and after plugging it back in i now cant start the engine and it wont lock or unlock on the button. also when i turn the key to start it the horn sounds twice like when you lock the car with the door open, anyone got any ideas ? LIFE`S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE A BORING VEHICLE
Post #126675 25th Feb 2012 6:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mattlab

i`ve managed to sort it with the advice of a friend, turns out the fob had lost its sync to the alarm, managed to resync it, but still have the question of the alarm antenna wire,
all the information on here says it should be orange with a grey trace but i have a black wire coming from the loom then the black covering is stripped back to reveal a white wire with metal sheathing around it (just like television aerial cable) the white wire then goes in to the left rear terminal of the left hand plug and the metel sheathing goes in to the left front terminal.
do you think the white wire is the antenna and the metal one is to sheild from interferance ???????? LIFE`S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE A BORING VEHICLE
Post #126716 25th Feb 2012 8:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
spudfan

Ireland 
I was left one key short when I bought the 2011 Puma. Finally got the missing one posted up from the selling dealer. They arranged for a nearer main dealer to program it for me.I got it programmed but it is a mess up. When the new key is inserted- nothing. I have to press the lock then unlock on the fob to get it to work. I do this with the key in the ignition. This proves that it is a fob programming that is at fault as the original one works o.k. Will get it sorted at first service at a different maindealer.Maybe your fault is similar. Just a thought. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #126866 26th Feb 2012 3:41pm
Landyash

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
what year is it?
on the later one it's already extened it comes right next to the center vents in the middle of the dash, just behind the time clock.
why do you need to extend the range,mine is 10x better than my td5 maybe you battery needs changing in your phob?
Cheers Ash
Post #126870 26th Feb 2012 4:02pm
WelshGas

Wales 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
If you want to extend the range then just hold the fob to the skin of your forehead when pressing the button. Range increased by about 200%. Whistle LANDYWATCH

Neighbourhood Watch for Land Rover Owners

http://www.landywatch.co.uk/smf2/index.php
Post #126875 26th Feb 2012 4:20pm
Lorryman100

pm sent Thumbs Up
Post #126894 26th Feb 2012 5:34pm
mattlab

hi landyash,
range is not to bad from the front but have to stand at back door for it to work from behind, changed battery with no differance.

thanks lorryman, pm replied Thumbs Up LIFE`S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE A BORING VEHICLE
Post #126935 26th Feb 2012 8:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1