↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > Pivi Pro Profiles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AmL

Pivi Pro Profiles
Is it possible to link two keys to two separate profiles (primary and secondary) in a MY23.5 Defender 90 so that the correct profile is selected when unlocking the car?. Several Youtube videos suggest yes, and even show a screen shot of a page in the profile set up asking if you want to assign a key to a particular profile, but I don't see it in the car. Thanks
Post #994882 2nd Jun 2023 5:58pm
Tim in Scotland

Are you sure that page isn’t on the In Control website?
There is a thread about this here
https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic76408...0accounts. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #994896 2nd Jun 2023 8:10pm
AmL

I saw that post but the links referred to just throw up error 404-page not found.
Post #994907 2nd Jun 2023 9:09pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
it still doesn't seem possible to invite a new user to join your in control account. been trying to add the wife but she still doesn't receive an email in order to do this.
try it yourself to see if you can have success. just search for LR in control on Google and log into it using your in control id. when logged in go to Vehicle settings and manage users and you can then invite a new user.Good Luck 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #994915 2nd Jun 2023 9:57pm
AmL

It took a couple of attempts but I have managed to add myself as the secondary driver, my wife's the primary as it's her car, however, what I don't appear to be able to do is connect each profile to an individual key. When you enter the car, the visible profile is the last driver, not the person who unlocked it and you have to change profiles using the touch screen.
Post #994945 3rd Jun 2023 8:48am
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Can you describe exactly how you manage to create the profile, because this is driving me up the wall. Did you manage to get the system to send you an invitation email. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #994958 3rd Jun 2023 1:29pm
AmL

as you said....
Select 'manage users'.
Enter your wife's email address to invite her - this adds her email to your account but she wont receive an email notification.
Go to the 'LIVE' tab, next to 'SECURE TRACKER' at top of Incontrol page
You should see your wife listed as a Secondary User, and you as the Primary on the right hand side of the page.
In car, open Profiles and add 'New Profile'
Enter wife's email address (can't remember if this auto populated based on previous actions)
Enter wife's password
You should then see two profiles on the touch screen when touch screen boots up
This is as far as I've got. You should be able to assign each of the keys to a profile so opening the door selects the correct driver but I can't work out how to do this. Instructions imply that you can select key when setting up profile but I didn't see this, or missed it and can't go back.
Hope that helped.
Post #994973 3rd Jun 2023 5:31pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Thanks for that, managed to sort it but not exactly the same as you. Went to the live page and it just said secondary user not logged in, log in on Pivi screen. So what I then did was to create an incontrol account for her, without adding a vehicle and then logged into Pivi screen with those account details. Then when I go back to the live screen she then appears as a secondary user.
Re keys and seats etc, there is a mention in Pivi update 3.3 that there will be an update to profiles in the next update and to make sure all your profiles are set up, so I guess it’s watch this space. Once again thanks for help. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #994981 3rd Jun 2023 7:15pm
AmL

Glad it helped
Post #995023 4th Jun 2023 8:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1