↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > User profiles and in-control accounts???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gareth

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
User profiles and in-control accounts???
I have been trying to setup 2 user profiles on the Pivi pro. One for me and the other for my wife.

One of the setup steps is to specify how the car recognises who is in charge. It can be by use of separate keys, or it seems by plugging a phone in.

Can I setup more than one account on the Land Rover Remote app? I have setup one with my email address and my own password and pin. When my account is active on the Pivi Pro, it knows who I am.

If I log Wendy in, it says she is not logged into In-Control and asks for login details.

So, should she create her own account on the App?

Apologies if it’s not clear but I’m coming from a low tech D4 so it’s all new to me!! 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #877791 11th Jan 2021 7:08pm
Chris_h

Yes took me a few days to get this right. You need to create a second in control account for your wife. In the primary/your account you need to associate the second account with yours.

You need to do this by logging in via the web not in your app.

Then you create the two profiles on the car and set the user via the different incontrol accounts. Then you can associate keys and phones with the different accounts.

The only thing the car doesn’t seem to do or at least I can find any instructions, is for it to put the seats in the right position for the right driver. We have to click the memory buttons on the door.
Post #877819 11th Jan 2021 8:46pm
Simon-blue

United Kingdom 
Did either of you get this to work, currently going through the process. Would be handy for instructions from LR
Post #972840 29th Nov 2022 4:34pm
LR Nuts

does this help ?

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/docume...c/G2390253

it deals with Profile Settings.

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/docume...c/G2386317

and this tells of InControl account set-ups
Post #972841 29th Nov 2022 4:43pm
Simon-blue

United Kingdom 
Yeah, have done that for 2 profiles. Did the sofware update - refreshed my profile, did the memory settings in the car while the key was in the car.

Will then try later with my wifes key and then do a test on each key opening & closing - is that what you did? Was it successful?
Post #972844 29th Nov 2022 5:31pm
LR Nuts

I don't have a wife.

I only copied over the e-manual.
Post #972850 29th Nov 2022 6:40pm
Simon-blue

United Kingdom 
lucky man! doesn't seem to sync with the key, maybe it will take a few goes
Post #972856 29th Nov 2022 7:08pm
Ritson

France 
Chris_h wrote:
Yes took me a few days to get this right. You need to create a second in control account for your wife. In the primary/your account you need to associate the second account with yours.

You need to do this by logging in via the web not in your app.

Then you create the two profiles on the car and set the user via the different incontrol accounts. Then you can associate keys and phones with the different accounts.

The only thing the car doesn’t seem to do or at least I can find any instructions, is for it to put the seats in the right position for the right driver. We have to click the memory buttons on the door.

I have set up two InControl accounts, one for me and one for the wife. When I look, via web, at my InControl account I see myself listed as primary account and my wife as secondary. I can't find anywhere to associated the keys with each account though.... what am I missing?

Cheers Current: MY22 P400e SE
Prior: Discovery Sport HSE, Jaguar F-Type S, Discovery 3, RR Vogue
Post #972925 30th Nov 2022 11:30am
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Due to the imminent arrival of my second key, hopefully, decided to play with setting the wife as a secondary user in Incontrol. Been on my incontrol site and invited her via her email address, to be a secondary user. only snag is she does not receive an invitation email. tried all three of her address and still nothing. anybody had this problem and know a way round it. Did set her up an in control account to see if i can link them that way but all it will let me do is to add the vehicle but i know that won't work as you can't have 2 primary users on the vehicle. getting peed of with this now. As an aside noticed that someone has posted that there is a new pivo update and in the notes there is a mention of future enhancements to profiles so hopefully seat setting and other things will be coming to different keys, we can only hope. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #990757 28th Apr 2023 11:06pm
snowtiger

Germany 
Same problem here.

I received an email from customer service center yesterday saying:

'Telematics team in UK told us that currently no accounts can be added or invitation emails sent for in control user accounts'

Sad
Post #990762 29th Apr 2023 5:28am
lightning

United Kingdom 
There's just been a software update (last night) and now mine is working, although l've only set up one user profile.

Check your media for the update, and download it.
Post #990787 29th Apr 2023 9:24am
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Thanks gents for your reply, wonder why no accounts can be added , are they changing the system. Haven’t had the latest Pivi update yet, just heve to see what happens after that 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #990793 29th Apr 2023 10:57am
nrgltd

Hope someone has more knowledge here than my LR dealer as I cannot get my new-ish defender to add to my account. They are dealing with it but it’s gone awful quiet.

There’s a lot on here but these posts are 6 months plus old.

I have a couple-of-months-old defender - P400e but makes no difference which I want to add.

I have two accounts - under different email addresses - one for our older RR SDV8, which is to be sold, and one for a recent RR P440e.

I have been trying to add the defender to the 440e account using ‘add vehicle’. When I put in the last 8 characters of the VIN it tells me that this vin is registered to another owner. If I do the same with the SDV8 account the same thing happens.

I am told by the dealer that the previous owner has been removed from the account.

Is the ability to add another vehicle to an existing account a real option or do I have to set up another account ??

I note that in here and elsewhere it talks about additional accounts having to be set up using the web - a laptop or whatever - and does anyone know if this is an option / the only option ?

Any help appreciated and please use non IT language. Ta 😀😀😀
Post #1018825 20th Dec 2023 2:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1