Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
J77

Scotland 
I haven’t seen it on any LR that’s had a DPF. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #985567 14th Mar 2023 9:21pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
l've noticed (on my D250) that from time to time the idle RPM is a bit higher.

Also the stop/start doesn't work, the MPG indicator drops and there's a hot smell. l assume this is the DPF regen. occurring.

lf it happens l try not to stop the engine until the idle speed has dropped back to normal.
Post #985590 15th Mar 2023 9:15am
Tim in Scotland

Lightening - the Auto Stop/Start will not operate if the load on the AS/S battery/ accumulator is too high. My D240’s Auto Stop/Start rarely works between May and September when the climate control / ac is working hard and putting a big load on the battery. If I set the climate temperature to the same as the outside temperature or above it then I get the AS/S back again! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #985612 15th Mar 2023 11:25am
lightning

United Kingdom 
l don't use the A/C l just set the fan on "2" in the manual mode with A/C turned off.

The vehicle seems to auto demist anyhow when l start up from cold.
Post #985852 16th Mar 2023 10:51pm
Nuclear Nick

United Kingdom 
It's a good idea to leave A/C on all the time. It keeps the compressor seals lubricated so guards against leaks and failures over time. The air produced is much drier than ambient so helps reduce moisture, not only in the car but also in the pipework thus helping to avoid nasty smells due to bacteria. There aren't really any strong arguments against using A/C all the time, in vehicles like these any increase in fuel consumption would be too small to measure.
Post #985876 17th Mar 2023 8:19am
Tim in Scotland

Leave the climate on Auto and AC on just adjust the temperature settings - it doesn’t just do what Nuclear Nick says, it dries out any wet/damp dogs/ clothes you have in the car and should stop misted up windows too. It will also help prolong the life of electronics by removing any condensation that might form in cold weather. Auto will also adjust the fan speed - if you go into the settings menus there is one there that you can set the fan to run in quiet mode too. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #985910 17th Mar 2023 11:01am
lightning

United Kingdom 
Okay l've changed the settings thank you for the advice!
Post #985955 17th Mar 2023 6:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12