↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > 2011 PUMA Power Delay
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
I think I understand what you mean. On both my 07 & 09 110’s I have had a similar problem. When accelerating and taking your foot off the throttle to change gear the engine continues to get fuel and accelerate and this will continue for a second or so or until i put my foot on the clutch (Dealer feed back:”they all do that”). The 07 was much worse than the 09, however when the tune is in it is much worse plus it has flat spots. Now the tuners have work hard to try to get rid of this and did achieve with nearly getting rid of the flat spots but at the cost of other issues like heavy fuel consumption. I have now gone back to just running the standard tune now as the vehicle simply runs better like this but without the extra power.
Post #95872 24th Oct 2011 8:18am
fontes

Portugal 
The Boy wrote:
I think I understand what you mean. On both my 07 & 09 110’s I have had a similar problem. When accelerating and taking your foot off the throttle to change gear the engine continues to get fuel and accelerate and this will continue for a second or so or until i put my foot on the clutch (Dealer feed back:”they all do that”). The 07 was much worse than the 09, however when the tune is in it is much worse plus it has flat spots. Now the tuners have work hard to try to get rid of this and did achieve with nearly getting rid of the flat spots but at the cost of other issues like heavy fuel consumption. I have now gone back to just running the standard tune now as the vehicle simply runs better like this but without the extra power.

My problem is like yourŽs but mine runsŽs better (less lag) with bell maps than standard.

Pete is trying is being most helpful and is working to solve the problem, if all goes well IŽll some feedback to share tomorrow.
Post #96832 28th Oct 2011 8:16pm
fontes

Portugal 
One other thing IŽll try tomorrow is changing air filter, mine is very strange, it has a kind off foam in the bottom, Although IŽm shure that my problem is electronic IŽll try removing it and see if it gets better
Post #96833 28th Oct 2011 8:19pm
Alive Tuning

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
fontes wrote:
One other thing IŽll try tomorrow is changing air filter, mine is very strange, it has a kind off foam in the bottom, Although IŽm shure that my problem is electronic IŽll try removing it and see if it gets better

The foam is meant to be there, as it acts as a kind of pre-filter.
Post #96902 29th Oct 2011 10:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fontes

Portugal 
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic579.html

Life saver!

Bow down

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #97220 31st Oct 2011 12:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12