↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Mickey T Baja Boss AT - Not EU Compliant. Toyo OC AT3 is….
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
jpboost

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Grenadier wrote:

Censored , timings timings. I drove past Gatwick in a mate's almost empty 7t Iveco just two weeks ago on a return to France. Very kind nonetheless. Nokian do an 18” Hakker, so I might just pop those on the Bowlers, then get some Toyos in spring and some 18” rims next November. Spread the cost a little.

that's a shame. They've been sitting on a shelf for about 3 years now. I was going to band them for my 110, but I've since bought some twisted 18s so will probably never get round to it. I don't really want to get rid, but would happily have lent them to get you through.

I do have family in the south of France who I regularly visit, but I've not got any trips soon where I'm driving down. I'm flying down next week, but I don't think my easyjet luggage allowance will cover it!

Best of luck with it all, I'd be tempted with the KO3s if you can make it work from a timing perspective.
Post #969921 4th Nov 2022 11:50am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
I did wonder, and Pirelli are widely available (and oft on discount) here in France. Indeed 180€ for my 18” right now. Compared to KO2s at 270€. But I see them as a compromise. Not as good or gnarly as a standard AT (KO2, Baja, Open Country, other) and not as specific for winter use as the Hakker. And with a compromise, I know I’d never get around to getting a true AT or MT for the chunkier look. Also, whilst they have shoulder sips, I’m concerned that mounted they might look a little too SUV for me. The sort of thing you’d see on a ‘Urban’ spec vehicle. Indeed they’d perfectly suit the (now old looking) ‘New’ Defender. Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #969926 4th Nov 2022 1:02pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
jpboost wrote:
Grenadier wrote:

Censored , timings timings. I drove past Gatwick in a mate's almost empty 7t Iveco just two weeks ago on a return to France. Very kind nonetheless. Nokian do an 18” Hakker, so I might just pop those on the Bowlers, then get some Toyos in spring and some 18” rims next November. Spread the cost a little.

that's a shame. They've been sitting on a shelf for about 3 years now. I was going to band them for my 110, but I've since bought some twisted 18s so will probably never get round to it. I don't really want to get rid, but would happily have lent them to get you through.

I do have family in the south of France who I regularly visit, but I've not got any trips soon where I'm driving down. I'm flying down next week, but I don't think my easyjet luggage allowance will cover it!

Best of luck with it all, I'd be tempted with the KO3s if you can make it work from a timing perspective.

My MOT (which I’ll fail with my current KO2s) is 15th Dec. That’s the deadline. I’ll see if anyone is coming before then, but I think all friends due over will be arriving Christmas week. Thanks again. Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #969927 4th Nov 2022 1:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12