Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Ianh

United Kingdom 
blackwolf wrote:
APK wrote:
Ianh wrote:
Origiomal battery for the Puma was a varta lfd 90. Superseded by the led95 but still wet battery but with enhanced efb technology. This a leisure /starter battery. A perfect battery for a Puma, and probably a 300 tdi

Thank you

This one?

https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/pro...30-095-085

Does that support the remote vent pipe that the standard LR battery has?

Hi blackwolf, Yes like the original LR Puma battery it has two vents in the same locations as the LR Puma original , just push the vent pipe into the one at the positive terminal end and fit the supplied blanking plug in the one at the negative terminal end. The battery comes from Tayna batteries with vent blanking plugs installed for transit, which must be removed once you take delivery . I put them back for installation then removed again once in place .However Varta include one as well, attached to the plastic positive terminal cover, ready to be detached and used at the negative end. (You can see it in the picture of the battery)

Hi APK. I have the one you linked to, the LED95. However it’s worth noting the Varta LED95 looks to be the exact same as the Varta N95, the former is marketed as a dual purpose leisure battery with 2 year warranty and £134 from Tayna batteries, the latter marketed as a starter battery with a 4 year warranty and £138 from Tayna batteries. However I may be wrong and they may not be exactly the same, so worth checking with Varta. As I said I have the LED95, it’s been in for two weeks and performs very well. I will report on how well it stands the test of time, but as the improved EFB based LFD90 replacement I have high hopes.

Ps this is for the puma’s. It’s a 019 style so you need to check it fits in a 300TDi. I.e size, battery terminal size and orientation, fixing clamps , vent pipe location etc.
Post #948222 5th Apr 2022 7:42pm
APK

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Corris Grey
Thanks Ianh

Response from local agent, FYI only
Battery for Puma is is an official oem JLR Battery and is £136.03+VAT.
Battery for 300tdi is £165.97+VAT but unfortunately it’s on back-order with no ETA. It’s a 072-bbms split charge wet battery from JLR. APK

MY2016 110 Adventure Corris Grey
MY1997 110 County Station Wagon 300 Tdi Alpine White
Post #948491 7th Apr 2022 3:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12