Home > My Defender > Def 110, 2012 Blaser Edition in Norway
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Hi Bruno,
glad that you are enjoying your pop top

As I said earlier, we have a pop top camper and ours is the X-Vison-X version and find it works very well.
The bed is very similar to the Ikia style, with a slatted bed frame which is very comfortable and very light when compared to a fixed board type.
The head room in the and row area when the top is down is slightly more than with the un-modified roof, so that is not a problem.
We have the back camper set up with Landy-Ausbu ([url] http://www.landy-ausbau.de/vollausbau.html [/url] )which are designed to be easily removable if you need to put the vehicle back to normal use.
The beauty of the set up also gives us a low bed if we need to sleep in the vehicle with out putting up the top.

Lots of info and pictures here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html

Thumbs Up Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #914592 29th Jul 2021 11:27am
vladanco

Latvia 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
BrunoJ, thank you for your reply. Very helpful. Truly, I am still thinking about “what i actually need?”. Land Rover Defender, it’s a car, which you can upgrade till infinity…there is no end of modifications Smile
And there is always some ideas in my head, “Oh, I want add this…and this…and this…” Laughing
Actually, its a pretty cool feeling. Laughing
A have already create full leather interior. All door panels, ceiling, and control panel…all in Blaser Edition style. Black leather and green thread. Looks fantastic! (Soon, I will add some pictures)
Also, changed the standard radio into floating LCD screen. Made full soundproof, rear camera…and some small exterior “protection” things.

And I am still thinking…do I want to make this comfortable for traveling? Or keep it in original Blaser Edition, with some upgraded cool stuff? Hard question.

*Do you still have the original rifle safe storage? When I bought the car, seller said he sold it.
Maybe, if you no need it, I could possibly buy it.

*I found “J11” number on the right side (picture in gallery). Behind the wheel. On frame. I dunno know, what actually this numbers means, but maybe 11 of 60 Laughing Just interesting, what number you have Smile))
Post #914693 30th Jul 2021 7:43am
BrunoJ

Norway 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
I would say, if you made is soundproof already, then it should be comfortable for traveling enough. Potentially some chip tunning solution to add a little bit sparkle to the engine, although personally I'm not the fun of such modifications.
You know, there is a sentence: Perfect is an enemy of the good Wink

In my case I keep it moreless original, as I bought it, focusing on most practical mods. 2-din radio with updated console is the most visible mode I believe. Soundproofing in progress. The only potentially bigger works will be around the 'camper' featuring, if I finally decide to make it. But that will probably not happen till I use the car for daily riding. In case I'll plan the safari trips, I'll change the approach. Other than that, only small mods applied or will apply. I like the car in the shape as it is.

I'm not really obsessed to keep original version, but also I'm against about making all fancy visual changes. From other hands, each Defender is kind of unique and has its own style. And all are beautiful Smile

I'll check the number but I doubt is has something to do with one of 60. I believe the body and chassis has been made as any other LRD and the finishing is making the version, so this kind of number (if exists) should be rather independed from the frame or body, and stated on something like additional metal plate, nothing deeply hidden.

I still have riffle storage in the car, and thinking to take it out, as it cosumes visible space, but not sure about selling. I assume in case I would like to sell it one day (never!), that could add the value to this specific version.
Post #914698 30th Jul 2021 8:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12