↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Landrover Dealers' Customer Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
SN

Mine did their best (allegedly) during lockdown whilst I was waiting for mine - went a bit awry in the last week or so but I believe that was not their fault - more a logistics tracking issue.

I actually had a long hard call with someone from JLR in Solihull this morning discussing my long rambling email direct to JLR about how my delivery had gone wrong at the end. Whilst I won't reveal the full content of the call, certain statements were made, which to me, indicate that JLR don't really know what current new car buyers now expect in the 21st century - for me, too much of the call was spent defending their current position/operation and because of this dealers had to behave in a certain way with their buyers, with not enough positive statements being made about how JLR could get to a better, more certain, customer informed experience. Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #902954 13th May 2021 10:27pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
I would say normal. Hendy are my local here in Southampon, and its a no from me. Just too hard to deal with. Guy Salmon were 100x better but they offered a price on the basis of take it or leave it. I've had a few new cars in the past and now in my 50s, I have a somewhat reduced tolerance level. So I left it.

Ordered the Defender via DTD. Used AutoEbid in 2019 and Carwow in 2015.
Post #902955 13th May 2021 10:30pm
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
I ordered my defender via DTD too, which save me some £s but landed me with a JL dealer a couple of hundred miles away. I haven't heard anything from mine for about a week now (and I've had two one-liner emails in the past 6-7 weeks) I had a build date of 4th June but have no idea when the very last day for changing my order can be made (which is likely to be more complicated because of the DTD process). I'm thinking of skipping the D200 for the D250 - but at this rate I won't hear from the dealer until the point of no return!! Smile. No official emails or anything from JLR either - no nice Gerry email that's for sure - so maybe this isn't going to be as plain sailing as I'd hoped.
Post #902998 14th May 2021 9:49am
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
I think you can forget the DTD bit... they probably get paid a commission from the Dealer for Introduction

So now you should be talking directly with the dealer for any changes..
Post #903000 14th May 2021 10:27am
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
I reckon we are both at the same dealer Thumbs Up?

Should have been provided a point of contact at the supplying dealer from DTD. Peter D by any chance?
Post #903003 14th May 2021 11:01am
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
Hahaha - 'Peter D' is one of the names I get from my chap when he's on leave or out of office - e.g. call this guy or another chap (Peter's one of two names) - I haven't been in touch with Peter yet - still persevering with my contact. Let me know how you get on!
Post #903012 14th May 2021 12:38pm
Dixy

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 2.5 TD CSW Cairns Blue
Post #903225 15th May 2021 3:15pm
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
The landrover sales teams do seem to be slightly odd. I booked in six months ago for a two-hour test drive of a 110 at the Stafford dealership. I turned up, they asked no questions (which I thought was refreshing) and I drove a 110 P300 around for a couple of hours, which was fun. When I returned it they didn't ask any questions and they never called me afterwards. All very surreal really. To be honest I had a similar experience test driving a Jeep Rubicon. No one seemed that bothered to sell anything - and I was desperate to buy. If they had gone into a hard sell I don't know if I would've escaped. What was interesting was that if you are a real enthusiast, you generally know more than the actual sales reps, which in itself was kinda weird. Funnily enough, because of the configurator (and you having to specify a local address if you want a personalised digital brochure) Stafford did finally try and call me - but I had already ordered a 110 via DTD by then. The deals at Stafford seemed to be as high (or worse) that the prices churned out by the configurator.
Post #903233 15th May 2021 3:31pm
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
The landrover sales teams do seem to be slightly odd. I booked in six months ago for a two-hour test drive of a 110 at the Stafford dealership. I turned up, they asked no questions (which I thought was refreshing) and I drove a 110 P300 around for a couple of hours, which was fun. When I returned it they didn't ask any questions and they never called me afterwards. All very surreal really. To be honest I had a similar experience test driving a Jeep Rubicon. No one seemed that bothered to sell anything - and I was desperate to buy. If they had gone into a hard sell I don't know if I would've escaped. What was interesting was that if you are a real enthusiast, you generally know more than the actual sales reps, which in itself was kinda weird. Funnily enough, because of the configurator (and you having to specify a local address if you want a personalised digital brochure) Stafford did finally try and call me - but I had already ordered a 110 via DTD by then. The deals at Stafford seemed to be as high (or worse) that the prices churned out by the configurator.
Post #903234 15th May 2021 3:31pm
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
The dealer came back to me to confirm the build date is still the same (4th June) with an end of June delivery. But he added the caveat that this was subject to the situation regarding the global shortage in computer chips. Interestingly he said that the build date could come forward or go backward. He never responded to any of my other emails / questions, which is still frustrating.
Post #903622 17th May 2021 6:39pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Lol..... Dealer chased me today to sign the order document. It had gone into the spam folder. Rolling with laughter
Post #903909 19th May 2021 1:08pm
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
Yeah I'm beginning to wonder if all my emails go into their 'Spam' folder! Rolling with laughter
Post #903925 19th May 2021 3:28pm
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
So it hasn't been confirmed that my Defender has been built (scheduled for the 4th of June) but I have now received an email from JLR to say 'now that your Defender is coming - sign up to our online servicing booking tool.' They must have skipped the Gerry 'welcome' email - and my dealer has confirmed nowt - but this sounds positive.
Post #906602 5th Jun 2021 10:42pm
Al_Ra

England 
@Kubrick - this may not mean anything but my dealer is being pretty communicative, and my build date is 11th June: I got my mail about the Online Servicing Tool on the 14th May. No idea if there's any consistency between when they mail these out, but if there is then you may have a bit more to wait. Hope not.
Post #906621 6th Jun 2021 8:43am
Fat Cog

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
From my experiences (having owned LR's for many a year) main dealers are DREADFUL & the pain gets a whole lot worse after driving away from the showroom; after sales support, by comparison to other marques is woeful. I will not be buying a new Defender on the basis that its far too complicated for most dealers to fix & begrudge paying ridiculous servicing prices to fund Borders biscuits, marble floors & corporate jollies... Since 1973...S1, Air Portable's, Defender's, but only my Wolf TUL HS GS remains
Post #906624 6th Jun 2021 8:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12