↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Landrover Dealers' Customer Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
Landrover Dealers' Customer Service
How are you all finding your dealers and their customer service? I'm finding them a little tough going to be honest. I call and no one returns the call, and I email, then send a chasing email and still I don't get a response (and the chase is usually after 3-4 days or longer so it's not exactly harassment). When I do get a response it's usually a one-liner in scrambled English - which is pretty poor when I'm spending over £55K on a car. I was finally told that I have a 'probable' build date in early June - meaning delivery late June. I asked whether I can order the side-steps, cross bars and mud flaps to be installed by the dealership before pick-up and they just haven't got back to me. It has been about a week since I emailed and I chased this up again a couple of days ago. Still nothing. It's very perplexing. I have Audi / BMW / Merc dealers all trying to be my best friend and the people I have gone with are very quiet. How has everything been for all of you? I'd be keen to know.
Post #902910 13th May 2021 7:52pm
Chugga90

They get no better once they have your money and you want them to fix any faults or defects.
Post #902915 13th May 2021 8:17pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Kubrick1978, is this your first Land Rover?
Post #902916 13th May 2021 8:29pm
J77

Scotland 
Can’t fault mine to be honest, the only cock up was LR delivering my 90 with the wrong wheels, well the right wheels for the spec but not the wheels I ordered.

The dealer I used for years closed due to the pandemic so I followed my salesman to the new dealership. So far so good, the only thing I don’t like is the new showrooms, everything feels cold and clinical. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #902918 13th May 2021 8:36pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
Everyone used to complain about antiseptic showrooms, maybe not a bad thing in the present climate. Whistle Whistle
Post #902919 13th May 2021 8:43pm
Ryderoo

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
I’ve been happy with my dealer, second vehicle purchased within 12 months. Got a great deal on first vehicle last September.

Got a smaller discount on the Defender, had few long conversations over specs and discount. Very helpful, could not have done more really.

Once ordered and build and delivery dates proffered, I’m quite happy.

Not actually met him.

Both purchases completed over the phone and first vehicle delivered as will the Defender end of June hopefully Cheers Simon

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you

2015 Urban Truck 90 XS Santorini Black Hard Top - Reluctantly gone
2020 Discovery 5 Eiger Grey 3.0 SE
2021 Defender S D250 Santorini Black 110 Hard Top on the drive
Post #902920 13th May 2021 8:43pm
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
Rashers wrote:
Kubrick1978, is this your first Land Rover?

Yep. I used to drive an old landy around 20+ years ago - but this is the first I'm actually buying. So looking forward to it, but I'm surprised at the dealer's lack of communication. I'm even trying to buy more stuff off them. Maybe demand is totally beating supply at the moment. I can see there are no stock landy defenders anymore. And the last stock item didn't look good value at all.
Post #902923 13th May 2021 9:10pm
Rashers

Customer service from dealerships is very hit and miss. I’m not sure how specific this is to LR?

I think one of the major problems with Customer Service (with nearly all marques, not just LR) is the fact that unless you are prepared to travel a good distance, you are stuck with what you have got. Most people paying out £50k plus will be getting the main dealer to do the servicing so once they have your money, there is very little incentive to bother with you when there is another sale to get your bonus from elsewhere. Even if the after sales service is abysmal, driving to the next nearest dealer is often prohibitively far so most will just suck it up and keep with who they know.

I was quite happy with my main dealer but successive lies over four years, some quite ordinary service (for the price they were charging) and trying to hide some quite major damage on a courtesy car from me before I drove it out of their yard ‘in perfect condition, Sir’ I am afraid, changed my mind about them. I didn’t bother to make any complaints to their management, I just took my business elsewhere.

As for buying two new cars within 12 months, I’m surprised you haven’t been invited around the salesman’s house for a socially distanced barbecue Laughing

If you have a good relationship with your dealer and get good service, I would treasure that. I know Sulisuli on here has often said how highly he rates his Thumbs Up
Post #902930 13th May 2021 9:46pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Travel down to Cornwall and buy your defender from Roger Youngs and you will get the best on going customer service ever, I have been using them for 25+ years and they just get better and better to be honest.

It must be so frustrating when you have a lousy main dealer who isn’t interested in making your new purchase and after service something special.

I know main dealer servicing is more expensive than a good local indie (I have one of them too called Vanstones at Launceston) but I support them by paying them to service my defender but I can assure you I have more than had my monies worth in warranty work including new side steps x 3 times, new NAS step x 2 times, even had the radio replaced under warranty and if I gave the full list I would be typing for a very long time Thumbs Up

I guess it’s a lottery depending on where you live. 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #902937 13th May 2021 10:01pm
MBurns48

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Baltic Blue
I’ve recently placed an order for a new 110. This is the first “new new” car I’ve bought and therefore my first exposure to LR dealerships.

My experience has thus far been on the whole positive in person. I turned up at the dealer ship having phoned an hour prior to book an appointment. I was immediately given the keys to a brand new 90HT to test drive, by myself. Everyone very polite and generally v good customer service. Came back a few days later to place the order.

However.. since then I’ve sent quite a few emails to try and get clarification on the order itself as well as an order change I made in person. Literally no response..!

In fairness, the dealership seems to be completely run off its feet every time I’ve been in and they’ve done their best to accommodate when I’ve physically been there. However I am basically completely in the dark as to how far along my order is or any kind of ball park delivery or build date. Having worked in retail in the past, this is quite disappointing when it’s a £60k sale.
Post #902938 13th May 2021 10:03pm
Rashers

Is it that the dealers which are not part of the large groups are better?

Duckworths are good. They only have two sites in Lincolnshire. I wish they had been my local dealer.

Not sure about sales staff but I wonder if many are still furloughed?
Post #902940 13th May 2021 10:14pm
Rashers

Sulisuli wrote:
Travel down to Cornwall and buy your defender from Roger Youngs and you will get the best on going customer service ever, I have been using them for 25+ years and they just get better and better to be honest.

It must be so frustrating when you have a lousy main dealer who isn’t interested in making your new purchase and after service something special.

I know main dealer servicing is more expensive than a good local indie (I have one of them too called Vanstones at Launceston) but I support them by paying them to service my defender but I can assure you I have more than had my monies worth in warranty work including new side steps x 3 times, new NAS step x 2 times, even had the radio replaced under warranty and if I gave the full list I would be typing for a very long time Thumbs Up

I guess it’s a lottery depending on where you live.

I think Cornwall from Norfolk would be a bit too far for a service. Mind, could make a holiday out of it?
Post #902943 13th May 2021 10:16pm
Ryderoo

Rashers wrote:
As for buying two new cars within 12 months, I’m surprised you haven’t been invited around the salesman’s house for a socially distanced barbecue Laughing

If you have a good relationship with your dealer and get good service, I would treasure that. I know Sulisuli on here has often said how highly he rates his Thumbs Up

The Dealership is 120 miles from me so that should be a safe social distance Thumbs Up I would not know the salesman if he walked right past me (plus 2m). I’ve never met him Shocked

But that works for me.

So I do not use them for servicing/warranty or aftermarket products. Cheers Simon

Post #902945 13th May 2021 10:29pm
Ryderoo

Rashers wrote:
Is it that the dealers which are not part of the large groups are better?

Duckworths are good. They only have two sites in Lincolnshire. I wish they had been my local dealer.

Not sure about sales staff but I wonder if many are still furloughed?

Maybe, my supplying dealer is part of group of 3 I believe. Cheers Simon

Post #902947 13th May 2021 10:33pm
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
Definitely make a holiday out of it! Thanks for all the sound advice. To be honest, this dealer is not my local - I will end up having a long-term relationship with Stafford Land Rover - so I'll have to see how they are in the future.

Today I asked another question (something else) to the LR dealer - still nowt. I don't buy the whole rushed off their feet thing. You can still reply with holding emails. We live in hope Smile

Last edited by Kubrick1978 on 14th May 2021 7:31pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #902948 13th May 2021 10:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>