↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Check your front air springs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Gotrovr

United States 
It's a Land Rover, it has to leak something. I mentioned this to my local NA dealer upon a recent service and they reportedly couldn't find any leaks. However, I do notice the front raising on a Monday morning when parked over the weekend.
Post #904760 24th May 2021 6:05pm
Jati

United States 
I had the leaky front air struts… After a month + of waiting on a service appointment….. I brought my 110X into my local LR dealer. Showed them the service bulletin and pics of where to check the struts for leaking. A few hours later the service manager and technician insisted it was the air line. They did their best to bend the air line at the Voss fitting to show me it was leaking there. It wasn’t! Even after showing them a picture of where to test the struts for leaks, the tech was spraying his liquid soap at the bottom, not at the top where they leak. The service manager then told me that they ordered the new struts for no reason. I purchased the 2 new struts and installed them myself. No more leaks! I pushed back on them for a refund for the struts… I was then told that I possibly voided my warranty and then they mentioned the Johnson Rods as another threat of potential warranty voiding. Crazier still, they want me to bring it back so they can install new air lines that are completely unnecessary.
Post #927834 30th Oct 2021 4:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123