↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Check your front air springs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
Yes I’m the same I love it drives fantastic but the LR have a some way to go on qc problems imo.

As for your problems I don’t think any are major and should hopefully be relatively easy to fix.

Steering wheel should be a straight replacement like for like.
Sounds like the front sensor has an issue for the collision warning. I can vouch that when it works as it should do it is excellent because it came on for me when someone emergency stopped in front of me just last week.
Rear door stay whilst a annoying about the damage it will be easy to fix.
Sat nav freezing is a common one probably software over the air fix or maybe a patch where you take it into the dealership for them to install.

Keep the forum posted with how you get on, it’s definitely the best way to share findings and make problems easier for everyone to get resolved should they have them in the future.

I’ll post on the forum on how my patch goes later next month Thumbs Up
Post #894790 29th Mar 2021 8:53pm
nigelsim18

United Kingdom 
Yep I'm waking up to mine doing endos now too. Front suspension date is 5/11/20. Plan to contact dealer in the morning.
Post #896529 7th Apr 2021 5:46pm
dontwakemeup

Australia 
mine is doing it too now. getting it corrected hopefully next week depending on parts
Post #899258 21st Apr 2021 5:41am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Whats the difference between the front springs deflating and self levelling? Mike
Post #899284 21st Apr 2021 8:27am
Tim in Scotland

It’s also happening to the rear air springs too now on some recently delivered cars Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #899291 21st Apr 2021 9:09am
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
Any details on the time period for models effected Tim?
Post #899303 21st Apr 2021 10:07am
Tim in Scotland

No idea - one of the FB group works 5 miles from my house and asked me if his car should be pumping up the receiver tank so frequently as his does and should the car settle lop-sided at the rear. I;ve messaged him to ask of progress. He has a D300 HSE 110 in Eiger and us a member here too Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #899310 21st Apr 2021 11:02am
Steve W

United Kingdom 
Mines in the dealers on the 26th so i will ask them ref the rears and update on here Thumbs Up
Post #899325 21st Apr 2021 12:46pm
Steve W

United Kingdom 
Evening, update as promised........Took a while to sort so the dealer replaced the front suspension and i asked about the rear but they stated that they have no recall information on these as yet or if they are affected.

Steering wheel replaced under warranty all good. // rear door stay replaced under warranty all good.

Collision avoidance (kept on activating for no reason) sensor replaced after two updates failed.
Sunroof / sun blind required a recalibration ? All working now.
SATNAV sticking and various other issues seem to be resolved following a software update.

Will post updates if i hear about the rear air suspension Thumbs Up
Post #901928 7th May 2021 6:02pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Here's an odd one from across the pond:

"In addition, JLR Calgary have refused to recognise SSM 75281, as it’s not yet been approved in North America. Accordingly, they will not replace the springs as they do in the rest of the world."

Click image to enlarge

My copy of the SSM posted at the top of this thread came from the US!
Post #903897 19th May 2021 12:17pm
Tim in Scotland

JLR North America is USA and JLR Canada deals only with Canadian sales? I don’t know but maybe two different organisations? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #903918 19th May 2021 2:07pm
Supacat

I was picking up specifically on the wording ~ in Land Rovers organisation charts, and online when using the worldwide vehicle search, Canada is on a drop down menu from North America as a region.

Given he's going on feedback from the dealer, and how the dealer has done cumulatively, I'd think it's just another part of the waterfall of misinformation.
Post #903934 19th May 2021 4:09pm
Tim in Scotland

Possibly, he’s also considering changing it for a used Disco5 if this update for his DSC/ power cutting problem isn’t cured Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #903958 19th May 2021 6:29pm
zilch

Australia 
glad to say my air springs have a manufacturers date of 24/6/2020, so hopefully dodged it by about 5 weeks Laughing
the Deffa commenced manufacturer on the 10th July, seems they have a very tight JIT supply chain if the springs
were only manufactured, shipped, delivered and installed all within 15 days Whistle yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #904009 20th May 2021 12:52am
Supacat

Factory is only just up the road so it's easy to understand a short supply time.

With regard to the specific dates, it would be useful to know what the actual cause of the issue was ( to my mind "air leaking from the spring" is a symptom not a cause) and so how it was addressed. Otherwise the dates may just refer to a batch period were they have already experienced issues.
Post #904025 20th May 2021 6:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>