↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Modifications & Maintenance (L663) > Work lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
defender_uk

Scotland 
Work lights
Front & Rear Work lights. Could really do with them. It is a work vehicle at the end of the day.

has anyone fitted any? If so how and where? Dealer hasn't a clue. 2020 First Ed 110.

replaced by 2021 250 110 Commercial

Defender_uk
Post #881833 29th Jan 2021 8:16pm
trinner

United States 
I've added a switch-pros SP-9100 panel to add a bunch of lights. Still need to add a rear work light to the rack and a light bar to the front. Got the KC rock lights, KC hood lights and Baja Designs Squadron pro amber lights so far. Once you place the switch panel, installing any sort of light is easy peasy!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #888858 3rd Mar 2021 6:53pm
Landy718

United States 2016 Defender 110 Other USW Auto Santorini Black
Hey Trinner,

How'd you go about routing the control cable to your SP-9100? I got a spod and would like to do something similar. I'm looking at adding an aux battery in the area you're showing as well.

TY!
Post #893221 22nd Mar 2021 4:36pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Does the switch-pros SP-9100 panel work with European Defenders? Or is there something similar available this side from the pond? 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #896565 7th Apr 2021 9:08pm
trinner

United States 
Landy718 wrote:
Hey Trinner,

How'd you go about routing the control cable to your SP-9100? I got a spod and would like to do something similar. I'm looking at adding an aux battery in the area you're showing as well.

TY!

I just drill a hole next to the rubber gasket that houses the steering unit and used a rubber grommet to help seal it from the elements. You'll need to get the control wires from the left to right, fortunately Switch-Pros gives you plenty of length for that.
Post #896813 8th Apr 2021 8:37pm
trinner

United States 
cyberhusky wrote:
Does the switch-pros SP-9100 panel work with European Defenders? Or is there something similar available this side from the pond?
\

I would contact Switch-Pro for that, but assuming the voltage is the same I don't see why not.
Post #896814 8th Apr 2021 8:39pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
The voltage is not the problem. All electronics sold in or exported to the EU must have the CE aggregation like the FCC logo in the USA. And it has to be RoHS compatible. The FCC / CE aggregation is important to insure that electronics used does not make alien radiations which blocks or turns on alarms or other systems. When my Def 110 will be delivered (Sept 21) I will contact Switch-Pro.

I remember a case in the UK where everyday at the evening around the same time the whole village had no or very slow internet. Technicians from several companies checked in bad UK weather every electrifying mast and lamp in every farm and every house. After several weeks they found the culprit: an elderly couple turned on their very old TV from the 60s every evening to watch the news and it made such funny radiation that the internet access point of the village went bogus.
It's often the case with cheap Xmas lights, they can trigger alarms, internet connections etc. 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #896878 9th Apr 2021 8:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1