Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Thumbs Up
Post #885145 13th Feb 2021 7:09am
feniksss

United Kingdom 
handling
Hi, nice colour! loving Eiger grey and the Tasman blue from pics alone!

One thing, as an RRS owner and thinking to up/downgrade to the 110, most likely D200, how do you find the handling on road as compared to the RRS? What about insulation, road noise, etc? All those combined on the road experience, is it any close to the level of comfort and poise you get driving the RRS on highway and in town?

thanks in advance!
Post #886500 19th Feb 2021 2:08pm
Tim in Scotland

Feniksss welcome to the forum
It doesn’t handle as well as a Dynamic badged RRS but then it isn’t intended as a sporty vehicle. It isn’t as wafty or folly as a Full Fat either, slightly firmer than the Full Fat. I’ve owned 3 RRS’s, two of them with the trick Dynamic handling system. For what it is meant to be the ride/handling is a good set up. After 6500 miles in mine Running on 20” Duratrac All Terrain tyres I’ve not found any problems with the handling. Mine is a 110 on air suspension but the 90’s and some 110’s come with coils - I have not driven one of the coil sprung cars yet Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #886516 19th Feb 2021 2:53pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
Re: handling
feniksss wrote:
Hi, nice colour! loving Eiger grey and the Tasman blue from pics alone!

One thing, as an RRS owner and thinking to up/downgrade to the 110, most likely D200, how do you find the handling on road as compared to the RRS? What about insulation, road noise, etc? All those combined on the road experience, is it any close to the level of comfort and poise you get driving the RRS on highway and in town?

thanks in advance!

Comfort and seating position is very good more commanding than rrs.
Post #886526 19th Feb 2021 4:01pm
feniksss

United Kingdom 
Tim,
thanks very much for the comparison. We have a '16 RRS 3L diesel 250hp, not dynamic. What I love about it is the grunt and how well it floats on the road on long journeys at highway speeds. If the 110 is anywhere new close (with air suspension), with decent noise insulation, then guess I'd be sold on it as an upgrade. The car is mainly used by my parents, i really dont like the design and infotainment of the refreshed RRS and RR and the way they are going.

What I have read and heard so far is people raving about how well it drives, of course need to test drive but not sure when will be able to and might not catch everything during a short test ride.

Not looking for the plushness of the big one of course. At the same time the Discover sport is very disappointing on all fronts, hope its closer the the RRS than the Disco sport.
Post #886528 19th Feb 2021 4:05pm
feniksss

United Kingdom 
Re: handling
Comfort and seating position is very good more commanding than rrs.[/quote]

That sounds good. cheers
Post #886530 19th Feb 2021 4:08pm
feniksss

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Feniksss welcome to the forum
It doesn’t handle as well as a Dynamic badged RRS but then it isn’t intended as a sporty vehicle. It isn’t as wafty or folly as a Full Fat either, slightly firmer than the Full Fat. I’ve owned 3 RRS’s, two of them with the trick Dynamic handling system. For what it is meant to be the ride/handling is a good set up. After 6500 miles in mine Running on 20” Duratrac All Terrain tyres I’ve not found any problems with the handling. Mine is a 110 on air suspension but the 90’s and some 110’s come with coils - I have not driven one of the coil sprung cars yet

I also heard one bloke complain 110 being too firm for his liking. My question is, is it firmer than RRS? Over a bumpy road nothing too sporty or extreme. I think RRS is already a fairly firm car, but I like that.
Post #886531 19th Feb 2021 4:11pm
Tim in Scotland

Not firmer than the RRS. My last RRS was a 2015.5My SDv6 HSE Dynamic, in dynamic mode taking corners at speed was almost like it was defying physics. it was much better than the TDv8 I had prior to it that had “Dynamic Response” which was different. You will find the limits in speedy corners way sooner in the Defender simply because it doesn’t have the fancy electro-hydraulics and such clever torque vectoring as the L494 RRS’s. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #886598 19th Feb 2021 8:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12