↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > Update 2 november -> More problems than fixes?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Philm

United Kingdom 
Mine was the same, no notification before or after.
went from 2.03 to 2.05.
Post #868960 22nd Nov 2020 2:30pm
defender_auug

United States 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Just been out and checked mine and my comment above is blown out of the water as it updated itself without any request to install the update by locking the car etc. Now it updated to OS 2.0.5 P2AR1 on 20th Nov but................
this May account for why the last two mornings I haven’t been able to remote start the car and why the app is showing that the car is locked but the alarm isn’t set even though it’s double locked........

Same - I just got the 2.0.5 update - remote start stopped working since - no notification of the update either. Though, I suspect when my screen randomly goes dark, the update is happening.

On the battery reset - do you loose all settings when doing this?

Last edited by defender_auug on 22nd Nov 2020 6:50pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #868963 22nd Nov 2020 2:49pm
Tim in Scotland

I’ve never needed to go as far as the battery disconnection reset method. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #868965 22nd Nov 2020 3:27pm
Sepp

Germany 
Same, 2.0.3 to 2.0.5 without notification on 20th. Nov.
Though no problems noticed yet after update.
Post #869152 23rd Nov 2020 4:44pm
defender_auug

United States 
Everything is "back" now - so far so good.
Post #869189 23rd Nov 2020 7:17pm
umbertob

United States 
My 2.0.5 update didn't really fix anything that was annoying (to me) before. The weather, Spotify, TuneIn apps come and go as they please (well, they go as they please. To get them to come back you need to do a Pivi Pro reset.) Android Auto will connect maybe 3 out of 4 times. Speed limit signs pop up as European instead of American layouts every now and then - again, a reset usually fixes it. My auto high beams still mysteriously disable themselves in the "Vehicle" options.

Just about the only fixes that appear to have stuck so far are all connectivity options staying on (before I would often find Hotspot and/or Wi-Fi switched off, even though I had turned them on), and you don't seem to lose all the Sat radio presets every time you reset Pivi Pro. 2.0.6 can't come soon enough. 2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround
Post #869282 24th Nov 2020 3:56am
zilch

Australia 
2.03 to 2.05, no real issues with the car, however the remote app on the phone is not working,
no status updates since the 18th Nov, including recent journeys, fuel levels, odometer reading..
it is stuck in the past Laughing yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #869292 24th Nov 2020 8:55am
Tim in Scotland

I contacted LRCS asking them to forward my issue to the folks doing the OTA updates and LRCS asked to to send a report to an email address that Amelia at LRCS sent me. That was this afternoon.
At 4pm I tried to remote start the car but there was no change, app couldn’t connect to the car. Drove 15 miles to the local Sainsbury, shopped and came home. After unpacking and stowing the shopping I thought I’d have a look at the app and lo, the car was showing locked AND alarmed instead of just locked, alarm not set. So then I thought I would try the remote start from the app and that timed out “unable to connect to the car” but when I went to the car it’s engine had started. So it looks like JLRCRCSM has been working on the issue this afternoon. I checked the software version and that and the installation date are still the same. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #869395 24th Nov 2020 7:48pm
Enid_Puceflange

Scotland 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Baltic Blue
Tim, there are loads of variables For the app to work & connect properly
Mobile device used
Software version
Vehicle position & signal strength
Time of day
Position of moon
How many sugars the service dept manager takes in his morning cuppa

I have set up several hundred of the accounts for customers, it’s a dick dance if it even registers & works from the very offset Whistle My confidence has been writing cheques that my abilities can't cash for years.
Post #869431 24th Nov 2020 9:48pm
Tim in Scotland

Tell me! Newbridge and I together couldn’t get the 2nd app that was supposed to work to recognise my account that had been set up. I still had the app for my previous RRS which wasn’t supposed to work........ lots of to’ing and fro’ing with various departments in Warwick/Gaydon and the instruction was to delete both apps from my phone then re-install the earlier version......... it worked after that until this weekend and now it’s working again after a fashion. Just means I have to stick my head out of the front door to check that the engine has started remotely now I guess. Otherwise the car is running well and I really enjoy driving it, even though I’m only supposed to make essential trips that don’t go outside Stirling Council area or Forth Valley Health Trust area, that means I can travel some huge distances on an essential shopping trip...... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #869439 24th Nov 2020 10:18pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Can I remote start the half a dozen nearest vehicles if I download the app and press all the buttons at once? 😂
Post #869443 24th Nov 2020 10:29pm
defender_auug

United States 
My remote stopped after the 2.0.5 update - then starting working again, after I opened the sunshade - - conicence - or is it? Shocked

Al in- everything seems 'normal again' ! Still Loving the Defender every day, though !
Post #869467 24th Nov 2020 11:51pm
zilch

Australia 
this morning the car started reporting back in, journeys, odometer and fuel readings caught up..
Must have been some of those changes you were discussing with LRCS Tim Laughing yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #869476 25th Nov 2020 3:04am
Tim in Scotland

This might be of help to those having issues with the remote app. The response is to an email I sent to LRCS and thanks to Dan and his colleagues who passed it to the right part of JLR.
It interesting some of the items in the second list of things that will prevent the app from carrying out instructions

Quote:

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to learn of your comments.

Please may I kindly request that you follow the below instructions to ensure that your App is showing the correct information.

1. Log out and close down the app completely on your phone.

2. Take the vehicle for a minimum of a 1 mile drive. We often advise to do this on a regular commute.

3. Start and load the app once again and log in.

This should have reset you InControl App and resynchronised it to your vehicle.

Regarding the climate control please see below details that will prevent this feature from completing the pre condition settings from the App. Remote climate does not function if any of the following conditions exist:

The vehicle's fuel level is low.
The vehicle's battery charge level is low.
The vehicle is not locked.
A window, door, bonnet, or the tailgate is open.
The engine has been manually started.
A system error occurs with a required vehicle system.
A theft has been reported to the stolen vehicle monitoring centre.
The vehicle's alarm is sounding.
A crash event has been detected.
The hazard warning lights are switched on.
The automatic transmission is not in Park (P).
The brake pedal is pressed.

I would recommend that you continue to monitor the above. However, should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Yours sincerely,

For me, my app came back to life before the above arrived and it is working fine now, albeit with a noticeably longer refresh time than previously. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #869919 27th Nov 2020 2:03pm
110USN

United States 
NAS SE Sept 18 build - delivery November 16 (dealer stock)

Mine delivered without a SW version to start with, the dealer didn't seem too concerned about it. I couldn't remote start, as the D kept telling me my battery was too low - but fired up with a press of the start button without any lag.

I thought I'd check my SW version today - and behold - without any prompts from the 'system' I'm on 2.0.5 installed 11.27 - I decided to test the remote start last night, 11.27 and it worked.

Today, drove about 75 miles and everything worked as it did before. I tried apple carplay today and it worked as I expected. Odd, that in center screen stays on the default map. I get carplay is tied to the head unit.. I've not played too much with the other aspects of the system/apps 2020 NAS Defender 110 SE, 7-Seat, Pangea w/Black Contrast Roof, Heat/Cool Khaki Windsor Leather, Advanced Off-Road Pk, Black Pk - Deployable Side Steps - Tow Pk
(6 Previous Rovers, Stable Mates - '09 135i Coupe, '98 M Roadster)
Post #870211 29th Nov 2020 3:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>