↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Over sensitive Emergency Lane Keeping system!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CarbonEvora

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Over sensitive Emergency Lane Keeping system!
The emergency lane keeping feature, is so flawed, it’s only a matter of time before it causes an accident, it keeps coming in on back roads, when it often thinks you are about to drive into a ditch, and try’s to steer you into the middle of the road. Happened to me the other day, when I tried to pull into the side to pass a tractor, and it attempts to steer you into the path of it instead!
I have now got into the habit of disabling it before every country road drive!
Have spoken to JLR about it a couple of times, but they refuse to acknowledge it being an issue!

I have seen it mentioned on various other forums, and it seems to be quite a common moan. My dealer acknowledges that my vehicle does this, as does there demonstrator, however, they say that until JLR comes up with a fix, there is mothing they can do about it!

The car drives perfectly on country roads when it is disabled, but alway defaults to on when you start the car again!
Post #867614 15th Nov 2020 9:49pm
Tim in Scotland

Janes May has an item in today’s Sunday Times regarding this being sent, without notice, over the air, to his Tesla S and how on country lanes he had to fight against it to avoid an incident with a tractor because the car wouldn’t allow him to pull off onto the verge........... I’ve had the same issue on the back roads around here when I’ve had to pull over and had to fight the car. I have it inhibited both in the touch screen settings and the steering wheel switch and it still wants to get me back to the middle of the road as it seems to run in the back ground even when you think you’ve inhibited it. There’s no way that it is smart enough for country road driving where there are white lines on the side but no central narkings Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #867628 15th Nov 2020 10:48pm
J77

Scotland 
On the demo I had I never noticed it at all, and yes I was on narrow back roads, I didn’t check the settings but had no fighting with the car.
Post #868191 18th Nov 2020 8:26pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
FYI my 110 has no issues on back lanes and works perfect as expected on normal roads.

I live in a very rural area 60% of my local driving is narrow roads. 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #868311 19th Nov 2020 3:06pm
CarbonEvora

Hi Andrew, so are you saying you never feel it attempting to correct you at all on back roads, does the red lane warning not flash on the dash when it does? Interesting, because mine does it all the time, ( except in rain and darkness funnily enough) , and so did the demo I tried. My dealership also confirmed it was an issue on not just the defender, but some other jlr models!
So maybe its not a fault on all cars, just some, which makes it more frustrating as JLR will do nothing about it!
Post #868400 19th Nov 2020 7:01pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
J77 wrote:
On the demo I had I never noticed it at all, and yes I was on narrow back roads, I didn’t check the settings but had no fighting with the car.

Same here. We purposely drove around the small roads of the Surrey Hills, on coming cars, cyclists and many a time having to leave the tarmac to get round other road users. No issues that i can remember.

My friend has a BMW M3 and hates that feature. Again it never really switches off even when it has been turned off in the options.
Post #868438 19th Nov 2020 8:41pm
AndrewS

CarbonEvora wrote:
Hi Andrew, so are you saying you never feel it attempting to correct you at all on back roads, does the red lane warning not flash on the dash when it does? Interesting, because mine does it all the time, ( except in rain and darkness funnily enough) , and so did the demo I tried. My dealership also confirmed it was an issue on not just the defender, but some other jlr models!
So maybe its not a fault on all cars, just some, which makes it more frustrating as JLR will do nothing about it!

Correct its never ever tried to correct at all. Never had the dash lane warning. To be clear we are talking about roads that have no white lines on the verge. 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #868442 19th Nov 2020 9:00pm
CarbonEvora

When was your car registered Andrew?
Post #868473 19th Nov 2020 10:33pm
AndrewS

Around the 9th November. 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #868474 19th Nov 2020 10:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1