Home > In Car Electronics > Stereo switched live
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DarrenJ

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Stereo switched live
Hoping someone can help.
I’m just replacing the failed Alpine unit in my 2011 defender for a new unit and i have noted the standard ISO connectors on the car do not have a wire connected for the blue/white switched output from the stereo. This is to be used to power the Alpine sub behind the cubby box, i could just connect to a switched live but I’d rather do properly if possible.
There is a wire connected on the vehicle look to another pin of the IOS connector that is not terminated on the new stereo, i could try to move this wire to the needed terminal and cut the wire further back in the dashboard.

I tried an old connector i had In a draw for around 20yrs but the crimp doesn’t fit the LR connector🙄
I wonder what this wire could’ve been for and if there are any other solutions out there.

Cheers
Darren Darren
Post #850805 18th Aug 2020 10:08pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
If it’s a 2007 - 12 Puma it’ll be DIN ISO connector pins, after that adaptors are required or manually swapping over to DIN ISO by new connections.

You should search on google for a ‘DIN ISO’ wiring diagram.
Even if the LR is post 2012 and not DIN ISO the Aftermarket HU likely will be.

As you are likely aware the Blue/ white tracer HU RMT 12v output is a signal turn on output only and shouldn’t carry more than about 200mA (0.2A) and should be fused at the HU rear. (Turns on an Amplifier only, does not power it).
Usually this is terminated direct from the HU rear to the source required, but can be as I think your trying to do connect it via the connectors so it’s connected from the HU rear into the HU connector, to the LR side and then to source so the connectors are mated without external connections.

If this is the case, simply look up the DIN ISO wiring diagram and install into the appropriate PIN number on the diagram on the connectors so they match both sides. As the HU RMT 12v is one of the standard DIN ISO connector pins.
But as I said often externally connected.
Mine is externally connected, as is the reverse sense too.

It can be easier to isolate the feed in question though if it’s an external connection as you can’t unpin the connector over and over.
You could add a spur though, on the LR side say 10cm long from the rear of the plug and add an insulated connection. Clear PVC shell bullets work well and you can use thread end caps to temporarily isolate it if needed.

Choices are yours really, but the DIN ISO diagram will help you and will show you the PIN number and location for the 12v RMT. It will be on there. Thumbs Up Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #850825 18th Aug 2020 11:46pm
DarrenJ

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Thanks for the reply Steve.
I’ll see if I can find the necessary crimp for the ISO connector online. The HU (JVC X561DBT) switched 12v is via the ISO connector and not a separate wire, a bit of a pain.

Cheers
Darren Darren
Post #850853 19th Aug 2020 7:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1