↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Grenadier or Bronco?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Slideywindows

England 
You're right Def9.

Two different vehicles for two different mind-sets and purposes.
Post #845377 22nd Jul 2020 10:29pm
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
Ford are pushing the pimped-up version of the Bronco, but there is also the plain Sport.
Actually that version looks more of a rival to new Defender.
Post #845455 23rd Jul 2020 11:57am
Chicken Drumstick

United Kingdom 
defender9 wrote:
While I can appreciate the Bronco for what it is I don’t need 30 odd inch wheels and the pumped up look. I’m sure they look good rock crawling or driving down the Pacific Highway in lovely sunshine with the top off but I want a vehicle which can carry all sorts of stuff and not be too worried about scuffing the inside, if it was able to be hosed out that would be good, if I can get in it with my muddy gear on that would be good, if I could put a muddy dog in the back that would be good, if it can tow 3.5 tonnes, that would be good. So essentially thats why I like the Defender but if the Defender had more room inside was a bit more comfortable and the build quality and reliability was up there then it would be a great vehicle for me. So Hopefully the Grenadier will have all those qualities and if so it would be a Grenadier for me.

New Bronco can be hosed out. Has drain plugs in the floor you can open. Switches are also water proof and you can spec a marine grade waterproof seat material.

But it isn’t a utility vehicle. In the USA they have pickups for that. So recreational vehicles are not rated for towing, else it would eat into the wrong market. 3500kg tow rating is also a very European thing that ties directly into the EU driving licences.
Post #850735 18th Aug 2020 5:23pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Ads90 wrote:
Ford are pushing the pimped-up version of the Bronco, but there is also the plain Sport.
Actually that version looks more of a rival to new Defender.

I reckon the Bronco Sport is the spiritual successor to the Freelander 2. Even shares the Ford Kuga platform which the F2 did, albeit different generations. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #850736 18th Aug 2020 5:26pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Chicken Drumstick wrote:
defender9 wrote:
While I can appreciate the Bronco for what it is I don’t need 30 odd inch wheels and the pumped up look. I’m sure they look good rock crawling or driving down the Pacific Highway in lovely sunshine with the top off but I want a vehicle which can carry all sorts of stuff and not be too worried about scuffing the inside, if it was able to be hosed out that would be good, if I can get in it with my muddy gear on that would be good, if I could put a muddy dog in the back that would be good, if it can tow 3.5 tonnes, that would be good. So essentially thats why I like the Defender but if the Defender had more room inside was a bit more comfortable and the build quality and reliability was up there then it would be a great vehicle for me. So Hopefully the Grenadier will have all those qualities and if so it would be a Grenadier for me.

New Bronco can be hosed out. Has drain plugs in the floor you can open. Switches are also water proof and you can spec a marine grade waterproof seat material.

But it isn’t a utility vehicle. In the USA they have pickups for that. So recreational vehicles are not rated for towing, else it would eat into the wrong market. 3500kg tow rating is also a very European thing that ties directly into the EU driving licences.

Which is fine but as you say it’s not a utility vehicle. I can’t see farmers, utility companies, aid agencies and all manner of other organisations which need a true utility vehicles such as Japanese pick ups and Land Cruisers buying Bronco’s. Don’t get me wrong I “Get” the Bronco as a lifestyle vehicle and if I lived in sunny California I might have bought one for cruising around or going rock crawling. I hope the Grenadier when it does arrive can match the current Japanese competition on both price and reliability, if it does I’m sure they will have a winner.
Post #850752 18th Aug 2020 6:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12