↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > KwikFit Mobile fitting services
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

All the above posts I’m sure are personal experience of you all. I’ve never taken any of my cars to a tyre service place to get an MOT or a service, I’ve only ever used them to buy a replacement tyre when needed. My experience has been pretty good because the three independents I asked to price 5 x 20” Duratracs said either that Goodyear doesn’t make them that big or they sucked their teeth and told me it would be weeks to get them in. So it was off to several of the tyre majors and KwikFit was the only company that would accept my discount code from my professional organisation which made them considerably cheaper than National Tyre or any other big chain

The first thing the mobile fitter told me was he was not sure he could balance them in his van - turned out that the tyres were about 2mm too big to get between the centre of the balancer and the van side so without hesitation I got the balancing charge refunded, then the mobile fitter said I was also due a refund for keeping the original tyres and Not recycling them (they have only done 1300 miles why would I want to gash them).
The mobile fitter made me an appointment for the next day at the nearest branch to get them balanced and there was no charge because of the inconvenience to me. He also chatted to me about his manager, who is also the manager at my nearest branch who it turns out lives 2 streets away from me at the other end of the village. I pitched up at the appointed time and the car was taken into the workshop at the closest hoist to the waiting room and I watched them work on it. While I was waiting the manager came in and asked how I was liking the new car as he was considering one as his next car.

I have no reason to find fault with either the mobile service or the in depot service I’ve received at the Stirling Kwikfit. I also now know who owns the beautifully looked after metallic green 2015 110 USW in the village I live in! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #848097 4th Aug 2020 8:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123