↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Confirmation of correct central locking loom by photo/PN?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gasket

Confirmation of correct central locking loom by photo/PN?
Hi everyone.

I have a 2010 90 CSW (base - remote alarm only no central locking) and am looking to fit genuine parts central locking.

From reading the forum and from the microcat file I think I need:

1) to have my 10AS ECU reworked by Technozen
2) track down the following parts:

Drivers door
FUD500020 Actuator & switch assembly-central door locking driver's door
CWH000010 Clip-linkage
FQK500040 Link rod Latch to actuator
IPN500250 Clip-linkage Latch to actuator
LR016315 WIRING HARNESS FRONT DOOR WITH ELECTRIC WINDOWS - DEFENDER 2007 ON

Passenger door
FUD500030 Actuator & switch assembly-central door locking passenger’s
CWH000010 Clip-linkage
FQK500040 Link rod Latch to actuator
IPN500250 Clip-linkage Latch to actuator
LR016316 WIRING ASSY FRONT DOOR PASSENGER DEFENDER

Safari door
FUH000010 - BRACKET-MOUNTING
FUD500030 - ACTUATOR-CENTRAL DOOR LOCKING
CWH000010 - CLIP-LINKAGE
FQF000040 - CRANK-DOOR BELL
FQS000030 - LINK-LOAD/TAIL DOOR EXTERIOR RELEASE HANDLE/LATCH
LR016243 - Harness-rear end door

If I've understood correctly then it just becomes plug and play into the A-pillar loom and simply fit the missing parts (please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to fit electric windows, just remote central locking - so I'm hoping that the electric window part of the loom is OK just being left dangling.

The reason for my post is that I've just been offered a pair of front door looms for less than it would cost me new and the label on them doesn't match any part number I know - so wanted to ask if anyone was familiar with the label to make sure I was agreeing to buy the right bit - I'm hoping they are part numbers LR016315 and LR016316 - any indication as to whether they're genuine or OEM would be very welcome too. Thank you very much.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
[/img]
Post #847309 31st Jul 2020 7:12pm
Gasket

EDIT: The seller has just been good enough to come back to me and to confirm that these were bought from BoltOnBits, they are unused and that they were described as:

'Door Wiring Electric Window Central locking harness & gaiter Defender 2002-2016" and "Left Door Wiring Electric Window Central locking harness Loom Defender 2002-2016".

When I've looked these up on the BoltOnBits shop they do say that they are genuine parts.

So - it seems they're the right bits.

But if you;re reading this then I would welcome some confirmation that the plan above will indeed let me fit "genuine" remote central locking to the vehicle.

Course the other question is whether its worth fitting electric windows while I'm at it - more cost but if I save time then it may be worth considering, only my understanding is that while the central locking is a plug-in job from a wiring perspective (albeit needing a re-done ECU) but the central locking would require wiring to be done behind the dash which I'm a bit nervous about.

Thank you again!
Post #847321 31st Jul 2020 7:50pm
trailbear

United Kingdom 
Have you checked in the door pillar that you don’t actually have the correct wiring for the electric windows already installed.
I have a basic spec 2014 model and surprise surprise I found the central locking wiring and the electric window wiring tucked away in the door pillar. I took off the electric window switch blanks and the wiring blocks were there ready to accept the switches.

Landrover has a habit of doing this, rather than putting in different wiring or looms, they just fit them and hide them away.

If that is the case you would only need the regulators and switches. Installing both is not a particularly difficult or time consuming job.

I gave Robin in the parts dept at Duckworth Landrover a call and he put the whole shopping list together.
For me.
Post #847346 31st Jul 2020 9:11pm
Gasket

I’d seen your posts and was very encouraged.

But... embarrassment time. I hadn’t actually checked the door pillar. Just been out and looked - including with a cheap endoscope... no wires at all. Only the purple one for the door switch.

So unless the door connectors are Actually tucked back through the pillar Behind the lower speakers and under the dash I think I’m out of luck - I seem to be missing this leg of the loom altogether!

Not what I was expecting to find: gutted.
Post #847369 31st Jul 2020 10:08pm
shanecl

Ireland 1989 Defender 90 V8 Petrol CSW Auto Firenze Red
I've literally came from microcat to ask the same question lol. I want to install central locking and electric windows in my doors but have part numbers for looms going from €40 - €140 euro. If i find out anything i'll update you
Post #847426 1st Aug 2020 11:58am
trailbear

United Kingdom 
Have you pulled off the window switch blanks, that would give you an indication of whether the looms have been fitted.
If they haven’t then I suggest a look at mobilecentre.co.uk where you will find various options that will solve the problem of the electric window issue.
Or you could look for the aftermarket kits that are available from various suppliers then that would leave just the central locking part of the problem to resolve.
Post #847497 1st Aug 2020 6:35pm
Peregrine_White

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
I fitted central locking to mine and since it was basic spec I didn't have any of the xs central loom, You will need part of the central loom already installed in addition to the parts you have mentioned. If you don't already have the central loom I would advise speaking to Dan Padmore at PACE Automotive, He has his own uprated looms that he makes and will be able to advise you best.
Post #847866 3rd Aug 2020 7:50pm
Francisco

Brazil 2000 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Chawton White
Hello
I'm new here and I'm a little lost.

This topic talks about a subject that brought me a doubt.

The actuator of the electric lock FUD500020 must be fixed in some way and that is my doubt.

How the actuator is fixed / screwed to the door. Is there any specific support? What is the support code?
Post #858002 25th Sep 2020 4:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1