↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Remap - Dynachip v BAS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Joe the Plumber

2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Fuji White
I have the BAS 170 remote map, intercooler and all the silicone hoses (but the intercooler and hoses make no difference to the performance).

My mate 200 yards away has the similar Alive map, done at their Lincolnshire site.

Both are on 2014 110s.

The Alive map possibly has a fraction more mid-range, the BAS pulls a bit harder at higher revs.

However, I'd be happy with either of them.

Pete Bell at BAS I believe was the first person to be able to remap the 2.2 remotely, and it's a very well developed and constantly refined tune.

Neither remap is just a plug in boost box and Pete's plug in tool (which you use to download the tune to the vehicle) can do loads of other things apart from its primary purpose.

I'm not sure if that's really answered your question, but I hope it helps.

Last edited by Joe the Plumber on 30th Jun 2020 6:33am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #840557 29th Jun 2020 9:55pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
A copy of the current map is sent including current parameters. You tell them any mods if any and it will be created ready to load yourself. My Alive tool allows me to view, delete DTC’s and change back if I wanted to. This is for a basic stage 1 map mind you. Above that you typically need physical upgrades anyway which is not so straight foreword such as updated intercooler etc. My concern with going higher would be the balance between longevity and performance. I’m quite happy with my stage 1. In what must be 6 years not one slightest gripe with it. 👍🏻 Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #840570 29th Jun 2020 10:44pm
jst

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
one thing to consider is if they come to your house or you take the vehicle to them its a one off remap and if you need to set it back to standard or someone else does (dealer) you have to pay for the map again.

Remote option you can set it back to std yourself.

I have had JE Engineering, TD5 inside on my td5s and L322s, both were great stage 1 ones and no problems over over 100k each.

remote BAS x2 stage 1 76k miles, mapped at less than 200 miles and going well on 110 and had another done

remote Alive - Stage 2 on my soft top.

All worked very well with different characteristics but then no two of my vehicles were exactly the same.

IRB is the other one i would seriously through into the pot. Cheers

James
110 XS Utility
130 Puma Station wagon/camper (in the making)
90 Puma Hardtop
Post #840632 30th Jun 2020 9:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123