↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > Anyone looking for a nice number plate?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
The other thing I think that the DVSA should be prosecuted for is selling numberplate at overly inflated prices that they realise only really work once the lettering spacing has been changed or carefully choosen fixing screws inserted?

It is almost like they are an accessory to the crime or at the least inciting a crime?

I wouldn't mind it being an independent company, but these guys are government run. It's like them selling kits to motor manufacturers to fiddle the emissions but saying they will prosecute them if they use them.

Your correct blackwolf, it's a tax and 90 dreamer, I agree, if you need it explaining, it isn't worth buying.

I think we are the only country in the world that stresses over number plates so much. Some states in America don't even have front plates. On sports cars, they just ruin the lines of the vehicle. On the front of motorcycles they were just plain dangerous.
Post #840438 29th Jun 2020 12:31pm
strang

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Years ago there used to be a mad rush for new registrations, and it people could not wait to be seen on the road with their new registrations, indicating that their car was brand new. Now everyone seems to want to put date prefix plates on new cars which just makes them look older? Euro-Leafing to infinity and beyond.....
Post #840441 29th Jun 2020 12:58pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Rashers wrote:
The other thing I think that the DVSA should be prosecuted for is selling numberplate at overly inflated prices that they realise only really work once the lettering spacing has been changed or carefully choosen fixing screws inserted?

It is almost like they are an accessory to the crime or at the least inciting a crime?

I don't really have an issue with this, and I think that DVSA in the bumph makes it clear you can't prat about with the spacing etc. If someone wants to pay a premium for a number which is meaningless if legally represented, let them. They than can pay some more voluntary tax when they're pulled in for the illegal spacing! Laughing

I believe that messing with the spacing etc also significantly reduces the chance of getting your car back if it's stolen, since ANPR may not be able to track it.

Besides, there are some belters you could have with legal spacing, KN08 END for example, but I doubt that will be issued , there'd be far too many takers!
Post #840449 29th Jun 2020 1:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12