↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Back lane issues..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
alwoodley72

England 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Alaska White
I think sage advice is to procrastinate.. I run my own landscaping business, we have ove4 the last 17 years had various people ranting on to us and our clients over boundaries.
They threaten everything and do nothing, if it’s a massive grey area then let them pay to find out ownership/ fault etc, these things can cost tens of thousands. If they have a bona fide complaint you can spend money just countering their queries..
We tend to find that there’s been a small trigger point, they’ve been wound up by rudeness, jealousy, misunderstanding.
Check your contractor has not stepped out of line, if they have in the slightest then an apology and a bunch of flowers/ bottle of wine go a long way..as soon as things go all solicitory the human element is lost.
Not a lot you can do ref the jealousy angle..
Don’t worry about it..

Hope that helps...

Cheers alex 98 300 tdi 90 project
94 Range Rover vogue 4.2 lse
79 911 sc
08 130 double cab utility
Post #765381 25th Mar 2019 9:39pm
nitram17

Likeomg wrote:
I Think the first thing is to just let them finish the job...

But these neighbours have stated they don't want any more work done until they've had there chance to vent..

We've put it all on them this morning, told them please find out who owns what, what you actually want doing, contact the council etc etc.. we did speak with the council before the work commenced and they stated the land had nothing to do with them so lets see.

The main merit for having the lane done was the prior state, mud being the main thing (I have wide defender tires too so every time it rains I get mud up) not going to start mentioning oh we wanted it done so as not to damage our supercar.. yet she's paranoid about scraping the bottom of her 2004 small Toyota Rolling Eyes

Do you have evidence that you consulted the neighbours and they agreed to the work or at least have evidence that every neighbour read and understood what you were going to do! Pushing a letter though their door is not enough...........if not you are on sticky ground but likely to get away with it as it will cost money to sort this out ....... but i assume you want to get on with your neighburs so perhaps diplomacy might be the key !If they want to spend money or one of them is a lawyer i dont really think you will win this one and i guess you dont either! BTW segway very nice truck you have in the flesh so to speak!
Post #768542 14th Apr 2019 2:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12