↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Td5 110 csw, Lowered, led's, Tints and Puma seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 68 of 81 <123 ... 676869 ... 798081>
Print this entire topic · 
L110CDL

England 
No worries Ray, hopefully we will meet in the future some time Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #724316 19th Aug 2018 10:31pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Post #724318 19th Aug 2018 10:35pm
Adam17

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
mk1collector wrote:
Thank you Thumbs Up
The first thing when I got her back was a full service lube up and general check over at my mates garage and get the petrol and oil leaks started so I could be happy she was in good order. Then a few weeks was spent sorting the broken trim pieces inside and a bit of a clean out then as the wife and kids are a little short in the leg it was time to get some side steps put on. A brown church roof rack soon followed as I needed the carrying ability to do up a couple of houses.
Pic with one of my other toys.

Click image to enlarge

And one in the snow.

Click image to enlarge

This is pretty much how she stayed for a year or two till a young lad in a Toyota aygo decided to drive into me.

Love the VDUB Regards
Adam

Loving The Duchess
The Defender 110 TD5 XS

My Defender story - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic64005.html
Post #745823 15th Dec 2018 1:49pm
Adam17

LOL Rolling with laughter The defenders nice too hahah Rolling with laughter Regards
Adam

Loving The Duchess
The Defender 110 TD5 XS

Post #745826 15th Dec 2018 1:54pm
mk1collector

Thank you Thumbs Up they’ve both changed a bit since those pics though Mr. Green Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #746048 16th Dec 2018 7:15pm
Elliskwleisk

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS DCPU Java Black
Ray,

I have read your entire thread, end to end, what a crackin’ read - some great modifications in there that I have taken note of and will no doubt have some questions! I picked up my new (to me) 53 plate TD5 110 two weeks ago, slight upgrade from the 300TDI 90 I had previous. Quick question I wondered if you could help me out with due to the similarities in our trucks. Does your trans temp light ‘bulb test’ when you turn the ignition on? I think I’ve named it correctly, the one with the thermometer in the cog.

Ellis
Post #764833 22nd Mar 2019 2:09pm
mk1collector

Hi Ellis, I’ve just been out to check and that light doesn’t light up on ignition. Thumbs Up Ray
My build thread
Post #764865 22nd Mar 2019 6:18pm
Elliskwleisk

Ray, champion, thanks for checking/confirming that for me. I’m pretty sure it says in the owners manual that it should ‘bulb test’ but if yours doesn’t either, it must be normal. I’m not sure if there is even a trans temp sensor on the TD5. Anyway, another question for you - I believe you had the extreme 4x4 lowering springs on and one broke and then you swapped for Brit part springs, correct me if I’m wrong, just wondering how these were working out for you? I want my truck to sit level so opting for a 2” rear and 1” front lower setup. Considering extreme 4x4, Britpart and the Terrafirma ones. Unfortunately the likes of the Alive tuning setup is just a bit too far of a reach for me at the mean time. Currently warming for the Terrafirma ones due to the information supplied by the manufacturer regarding spring rate and suitable use that others seem to not supply or know. However, I’m struggling to find any reviews of them on the web. I believe the part numbers are TF035 and TF032 and they seem similarly priced to the Britpart ones so a fair chunk cheaper than the Extreme ones. So I suppose my questions are do you prefer the britpart to extreme springs? Do you know anything about the Terrafirma ones? Also, is it just a case of swapping the springs or is there additional parts required to change at the same time? Appreciate any advice you can give!
Ellis
Post #764878 22nd Mar 2019 8:24pm
Adam17

@Ellis - I’m not sure if there is even a trans temp sensor on the TD5

Possibly not... Yesterday I had 2 fault codes come up on my Nanocom, when I asked a mate, the 'mentioned' faults are not on my truck.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Regards
Adam

Loving The Duchess
The Defender 110 TD5 XS

Post #764942 23rd Mar 2019 10:17am
mk1collector

Elliskwleisk wrote:
Ray, champion, thanks for checking/confirming that for me. I’m pretty sure it says in the owners manual that it should ‘bulb test’ but if yours doesn’t either, it must be normal. I’m not sure if there is even a trans temp sensor on the TD5. Anyway, another question for you - I believe you had the extreme 4x4 lowering springs on and one broke and then you swapped for Brit part springs, correct me if I’m wrong, just wondering how these were working out for you? I want my truck to sit level so opting for a 2” rear and 1” front lower setup. Considering extreme 4x4, Britpart and the Terrafirma ones. Unfortunately the likes of the Alive tuning setup is just a bit too far of a reach for me at the mean time. Currently warming for the Terrafirma ones due to the information supplied by the manufacturer regarding spring rate and suitable use that others seem to not supply or know. However, I’m struggling to find any reviews of them on the web. I believe the part numbers are TF035 and TF032 and they seem similarly priced to the Britpart ones so a fair chunk cheaper than the Extreme ones. So I suppose my questions are do you prefer the britpart to extreme springs? Do you know anything about the Terrafirma ones? Also, is it just a case of swapping the springs or is there additional parts required to change at the same time? Appreciate any advice you can give!
Ellis

Hi, the extreme front ones both snapped and although we have bad roads around here they shouldn’t have broken so soon. The Brit part ones I replaced them with have been fine but haven’t been on that long so I can’t comment on lifespan. They feel reasonably comfortable but I have added spring isolators too. 2 inch at the back and 1 at the front should level a 110 out Thumbs Up Ray
My build thread
Post #765692 27th Mar 2019 6:11pm
Elliskwleisk

Ray, spot on, thanks for your reply. I think I’ll steer clear of the extreme ones, need to decide between the Britpart and Terrafirma ones. Might go for the latter and then between us we can have tested both sets. I’ll let you know how I get on!

Shock absorber wise, have you continued to use standard height shocks without experiencing premature failure or poor operation? Alternatively, is there a specific brand you know of that is best with lowered springs and not extortionately priced?

Finally, other than isolators, is there anything else that needs to/should be changed at the same time?

Thanks again
Post #765698 27th Mar 2019 6:41pm
mk1collector

I used standard height dampers but old man emu ones which are great although quite expensive. If your changing the springs and shocks you could change spring seats and shock towers to galvanised ones for longevity and have a check around your suspension bushes before you start the job as it’s easier fitting them first time instead of having to strip it down again later. Ray
My build thread
Post #766173 31st Mar 2019 12:46am
mk1collector

Another mot passed today, only needed a drag link end so not bad for a 15 year old Mr. Green on the down side though I need to try and polish out some scratches from down the side because a tractor decided not to get on his side of the road and I had to take avoiding action past some bushes and a tree that the council haven’t bothered cutting so was hanging into the road Big Cry Ray
My build thread
Post #768329 12th Apr 2019 8:48pm
mk1collector

Went in for its service today and after white smoke from the exhaust and loss of some mpg I decided to swap back to my original injectors. The “new injectors” were supposedly remaned and they were from Landrover (at £1500 ish Big Cry ) and as they were noisey and with other problems that I’ve put up with for a couple of years or so I thought it was the garage I used at fault but it seems it was the injectors Big Cry. I can’t return them now as it’s too late but at least the defender is running nicer again. Ray
My build thread
Post #780394 6th Jul 2019 7:18pm
ginjez

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 ST Santorini Black
Where did you go for service Ray? I was speaking to Parkside on Friday about my possible next project.
Post #780488 7th Jul 2019 1:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 68 of 81 <123 ... 676869 ... 798081>