28%
 28%  [31]
Total Votes: 110

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Adam17

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
We all had an opinion that was ignored - no??

JUST LEAVE Very Happy Regards
Adam

Loving The Duchess
The Defender 110 TD5 XS

My Defender story - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic64005.html
Post #764976 23rd Mar 2019 1:20pm
Adam17

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
Lol

Click image to enlarge
 Regards
Adam

Loving The Duchess
The Defender 110 TD5 XS

My Defender story - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic64005.html
Post #764979 23rd Mar 2019 1:42pm
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
“Being governed by unelected faceless bureaucrats”

A bit like Sir Mark Sedwill and the whole of the UK Civil Service then? And did you “elect” your customs officials, tax inspectors, auditors, judiciary, police officers?

No, you elected the MPs (or MEPs) who establish the policies that these bodies should carry out. And if you voted for people like Ashley Mote, is it any wonder that the tail now wags the dog?

Peter
Post #764985 23rd Mar 2019 2:32pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Depends on where you are located and can such people your looking for afford to live in the area?
Those are some even broader issues that need resolving too. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
Red, White & Boost! 🇬🇧
Post #765011 23rd Mar 2019 5:43pm
nitram17

double post

Last edited by nitram17 on 23rd Mar 2019 6:34pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #765017 23rd Mar 2019 6:19pm
nitram17

Birdy wrote:
“Being governed by unelected faceless bureaucrats”

A bit like Sir Mark Sedwill and the whole of the UK Civil Service then? And did you “elect” your customs officials, tax inspectors, auditors, judiciary, police officers?

No, you elected the MPs (or MEPs) who establish the policies that these bodies should carry out. And if you voted for people like Ashley Mote, is it any wonder that the tail now wags the dog?

Peter

Very true but this site is clearly around 70:30 split for Brexit and no amount of logic truth or common sense is going to change their minds..........This topic because of its importance needs to be debated with cool calm heads and without extreme emotions............. You will never get that on this site and in truth its not really the appropriate platform for such deliberations.

My own view (i cannot resist)is that enough people have changed their minds about leaving the EU and the powers at be within the leave camp will do anything to deny a new vote( Under the oxymoronic banner of destroying democracy strangely "by having more democracy") as they know they will lose .So i think mays deal or something close to it will get through in the next few weeks then may will resign or be pushed out and you will have the the dumb and dumber twins gove and boris sorting out the future of our country! Big Cry Big Cry

I would also suggest remainers sign this petition if they like: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Not that im being paranoid but it was a little easier to get access to this petition a couple of days ago ! Wink
Post #765018 23rd Mar 2019 6:29pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Quote:
Very true but this site is clearly around 70:30 split for Brexit and no amount of logic truth or common sense is going to change their minds..........This topic because of its importance needs to be debated with cool calm heads and without extreme emotions............. You will never get that on this site and in truth its not really the appropriate platform for such deliberations.

#
What are you saying that Defender Owners are not entitled to opinions on matters of national importance? Collectively in my mind all opinions matter. The time for debate is sadly now over as the date of leaving is near whether it is the 29th March or 12th April, those who wished to raise voices of concern have had nearly three years to do so, starting with their local MP.

I started this thread and it was only ever intended as just a straw poll just to see how people are thinking, maybe what the poll suggests is mirrored across the country or maybe not, however as Defender owners cover a very wide theater both in occupations and locals I feel the remarks poll choice and comments are valid.

My opinion is that no one knows what is going to happen and to my mind led from our government standpoint is a national disgrace and only lays bare what a shower our MP's are. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #765019 23rd Mar 2019 6:34pm
nitram17

No im not saying that at all Gill.But just look at all the posts on this topic in the past it always ends in people exchanging opinions with little argument in the logical sense involved ,but plenty argument of the emmotional kind mixed in with aggression and mud slinging

...........You obviously think this defender forum is representative sample of the nation ..........When clearly any sane outside observer would not agree with you!(do i really have to spell it out why defender ownership is not a marketers dream)

There have been EU poll on here before and its always been 3:1 or their abouts for brexit.why dont we leave it at that and talk about defenders!

Politics is dog eat dog and not all the decisions are done in the best interests of the people ...but we can vote them out unlike the civil servants

Last edited by nitram17 on 23rd Mar 2019 7:10pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #765022 23rd Mar 2019 6:49pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
There has been no mud slinging here at all or emotionally charged discussion except for yours in the last half hour. And adding the emoji Wink Was put purely to provoke members of this forum plain and simple.

We are where we are in this country and it is what is, nothing has changed from a week or two ago. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
Red, White & Boost! 🇬🇧
Post #765024 23rd Mar 2019 6:52pm
corgi1

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
out, no deal, no problem, sick of the scaremongering rhetoric, if it went to a vote now, we would end up staying as people are just sick of it, and I believe the rubbish,spineless government we have really want that to happen, saves them doing their job, that their people want them to do
Post #765026 23rd Mar 2019 7:01pm
nitram17

I said "they lead" to mud slinging and a a attempt to avoid your type pf reply ,as your recent reply is sort af a light the blue touchpaper sort of thing...i dont see what you are on about the Wink imoji....it was a short hand comment on access to information ,a couple of days ago somebody told me about the petition (but not the address)so i googled the termonology roughly and there were a multitude of links to the site and lots of online paper stories with the link to the petition attached (not the daily mail obviously)

Today i wanted to see the total and it was harder to find a direct link (although story not out of news its bigger if anything ) and the online papers still ran the story but no link to the petition site just a picture of the site page with "site down for repair"......... If i was being paranoid..... followed by a wink sorta summed up that subtle change for me

And just for clarity your 100% wrong on the provoking thing !
Post #765028 23rd Mar 2019 7:08pm
nitram17

ericvv wrote:
custom90steve wrote:
Eric - Don't despair Toblerone goes down well. Although stock in shops seems to have ran low since Christmas. Shocked Laughing
Thumbs Up

Don’t worry, we happily will keep shipping you all the Toblerone you want. That is as long as you pay for it though. Doesn’t even fall in the category of what we call good chocolate, it is just an over sweetened marketing gig for tourists and for countries without a real chocolate culture. Like countries where the below is the benchmark Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter

As to steering away of E marking after Brexit, well that won’t happen until after Brexiternity. We here were never even part of the EU, but we live with this E marking as a standard. Cost efficient.
Eric

How dare you eric! Laughing Dairy milk is wonderful peasant chocolate.....keep your elete epicurian sludge tou yourself as your welcome to it Laughing
Post #765040 23rd Mar 2019 8:09pm
Roger

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Java Black
Being thoroughly bored of Brexit, a yes or a no to the poll would just start a good two year's worth of negotiating new trade deals etc. at least if we just gave up and stayed in then it would be over quickly!
Post #765044 23rd Mar 2019 8:19pm
nitram17

We have never been more polarised as a nation as we are now.........Im afraid this issue is going to rumble on for years to come ...the only way i can see for the calamitythat is of the brexit debate to cease is if we leave and its a total success,economically and socially and eu breaks apart...........and thats as likely as a spider free defender.

Last edited by nitram17 on 23rd Mar 2019 8:42pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #765050 23rd Mar 2019 8:40pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Nitram - I was going to compile a long comprehensive reply but ultimately I don’t feel that these people are worth it.

Ultimately, thanks to these people’s behaviour I have an will alter my spending habits to suit.
So the 1/2 of the remainers that we’re decent and sensible will pay the price as well for some of these people’s idiocy.
Had they been sensible and accepted democracy in the format the rest have then I would have been happy to go 50/50 into the future but the bonus of worldwide trade.
We too have a business and believe in our country and the likes of those clowns in London have made it worse for not just themselves but others also.

They only have themselves to blame. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
Red, White & Boost! 🇬🇧
Post #765051 23rd Mar 2019 8:41pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>