28%
 28%  [31]
Total Votes: 110

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
nitram17

Joe the Plumber wrote:
How about if we have an election, no-one who has been, or has previously stood to be, an MP will be allowed to stand. That should give us a decent choice.

Its turning into a mad mad world!Is not the people its the party system that mucks it up!Its like training for the police swat team anybody that wants to join should be barred from joining.

I suspect the motives of every person who wants to be a MP ,I would make it a local peoples panel which changed every two years and no relative of a previous member is allowed to join the panel and you were only allowed one term.Im sure with todays technology we could sort it out, I wand to avoid a black mirror type situation where social media rules the day.
Post #766048 30th Mar 2019 11:24am
nitram17

Zed wrote:
Rees Mog and Boris have repeatedly said it would be “traitorous” to vote for May’s deal and “unacceptable under circumstances” as it would make Britain a “vasal state” and “slave state”.

Then they get the faintest sniff of being PM and they flip-flop and vote for May’s deal.

Soft Brexit now looks nailed on. All thanks to the ERG.

It does make you wonder what made these Brexiteers do a complete U turn. Why after winning the referendum and holding all the cards would they "Betray the will of the people"? Was it always about personal ambition and self promotion for them? Or perhaps when realising the actual effects of crashing out with no deal they finally grew a conscience?

Its all self serving nonsense.........The problem as i see it is that everybody on the brexiteer side knows that the public has changed its mind and if they had a referendum today the brexiteers would likely loose 55:45..so they will avoid that at all cost.Given the mess the politicians have made of it it needs to go back to the people and the sad thing is that it wont and thats the not democratic thing ...I still think mays deal might get through as she will make them choose between her deal or a general election.They will say were destroying democracy by ignoring the 2016 vote while knowing the public mood has changed and that makes them all snakes in my book.
Post #766049 30th Mar 2019 11:37am
Joe the Plumber

2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Fuji White
Everyone on the Brexiteer side (or the democratic, winning side, as I prefer to call it) doesn't know that the public have changed their mind. That's just remainer wishful thinking. In fact I've recently I've spoken to several folks who voted to remain who are so sick of it all that they would now vote to leave, and no-one who would do the opposite.

But I'm not going to get into the same old arguments again. I'll stick to worrying about how to change the left hand rear intercooler hose on my van whilst still retaining a modicum of skin on my arms....
Post #766052 30th Mar 2019 11:57am
Slideywindows

England 
nitram17 wrote:
everybody on the brexiteer side knows that the public has changed its mind and if they had a referendum today the brexiteers would likely loose 55:45..so they will avoid that at all cost.

No we won't.

If we lose we'll just demand another Referendum.

Until we get the result we want.

We are learning from others..... Laughing

Oh, and Boris/Rees-Snob changed their minds at the last moment, because they were rightly scared that if Mrs May's deal was thrown out again we could be forced to stay in the EU.

Perfectly reasonable decision.

Just a shame they made it far too late....
Post #766062 30th Mar 2019 1:06pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
 For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #766065 30th Mar 2019 1:26pm
gilarion

Just another little Brexit EU goody!

Even though the UK has contributed tens of millions to this project.....

EU to remove Galileo ground Stations from British shores
The EC announced Tuesday that it will withdraw two stations from the European satellite navigation system Galileo in the British Falklands and Ascension Isles. The infrastructure operated by the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency (GSA) hosts cryptographic and EU classified information which in accordance with the EU security rules is not allowed to be located in the territory of third countries.

I reckon soon this country will have the same sort of world clout as the 'Isle of Man' For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #766069 30th Mar 2019 1:51pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
There really is some dim comments on this thread I must say. Won’t be long before ISIS will be welcomed, oh wait Abbot already did try that.
No one has changed their mind, the general election PROVED that.

At least sour face Soubry is on her bike, and Grieve is as well. Ruddy awful aka Amber Rud is disgraced and shouldn’t have even been allowed back.

There certainly won’t if they do turn it around be a Tory remain, so it will change either way and May and extreme Tory remain will be the biggest losers what ever the circumstances. Playing with fire, they will get burnt and are currently being incinerated!

Welcome to dictatorship folks. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #766071 30th Mar 2019 2:13pm
Yulong

United Kingdom 
Was going to be No Deal from the very outset...
Post #766089 30th Mar 2019 5:14pm
nitram17

gilarion wrote:

made my day gil Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry you choose!
Post #766101 30th Mar 2019 6:09pm
nitram17

custom90steve wrote:
There really is some dim comments on this thread I must say. Won’t be long before ISIS will be welcomed, oh wait Abbot already did try that.
No one has changed their mind, the general election PROVED that.

At least sour face Soubry is on her bike, and Grieve is as well. Ruddy awful aka Amber Rud is disgraced and shouldn’t have even been allowed back.

There certainly won’t if they do turn it around be a Tory remain, so it will change either way and May and extreme Tory remain will be the biggest losers what ever the circumstances. Playing with fire, they will get burnt and are currently being incinerated!

Welcome to dictatorship folks.

If no one has changed their mind steve the brexiteers would welcome a further referendum .....nobody calls a referendum unless they are pretty sure of the result..unless your an idiot like cameron that is.
Post #766103 30th Mar 2019 6:12pm
nitram17

Slideywindows wrote:
nitram17 wrote:
everybody on the brexiteer side knows that the public has changed its mind and if they had a referendum today the brexiteers would likely loose 55:45..so they will avoid that at all cost.

No we won't.

If we lose we'll just demand another Referendum.

Until we get the result we want.

We are learning from others..... Laughing

Oh, and Boris/Rees-Snob changed their minds at the last moment, because they were rightly scared that if Mrs May's deal was thrown out again we could be forced to stay in the EU.

Perfectly reasonable decision.

Do you really think farago would have shut up if had lost in 2016? I watched him live on the night of the vote when the polls looked like he was going to lose....he was talking of taking the result to court and fighting on..........Why do you think people who feel they have been lied to over the last 4 years will shut up? the country is polorised and i dont know how we are going to sort it!

Just a shame they made it far too late....
Post #766106 30th Mar 2019 6:18pm
davew

England 1990 Defender 90 V8 Petrol PU Auto Rioja Red
nitram17 wrote:

If no one has changed their mind steve the brexiteers would welcome a further referendum .....nobody calls a referendum unless they are pretty sure of the result..unless your an idiot like cameron that is.

What would be the point of a second referendum. let's think about this a bit, given the outcome of the first ?

There are two possible outcomes to a referendum...

1) Leave wins again, MPs don't like the result and refuse to leave the EU, we don't leave. There are calls for a third referendum to justify not taking any notice of the first and second referenda.

2) Remain wins this time, all the MPs that have blocked the original result feel justified, we don't leave and politicians can now use this as a precedent that the people are allowed to vote but politicians can safely ignore any result of a vote they don't like.

If you were wanting the UK to leave the EU, exactly what would be the point or benefit of a second referendum given the last referendum has been ignored because the result didn't suit the politicians ? http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/
Post #766114 30th Mar 2019 6:49pm
gilarion

Noticed that Dominic Grieve one of the remainer's who caused this mess with his constant chirping away and his amendments lost a no-confidence vote from his local conservative party at Beaconsfield who are now seeking from the executive to de-select him.

I bet he did not see that one coming Laughing

However, as MP's now seem to be ignoring any vote he will probably just ignore the vote or he will want another vote and another vote until the result fits with his mindset. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #766121 30th Mar 2019 7:16pm
ickle

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
Apologies if this has been posted before

https://www.chortle.co.uk/video/2019/02/05...mon_people

Keith
Post #766123 30th Mar 2019 7:21pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Nitram - You just want another ref to try and get your own way and would likely fail again. And then you’d want a 3rd then a 5th and so on.
No one wants a neverendum.

Back when the common market applied, was it ever voted over and over if it would or wouldn’t join. No.

When the euro currency was proposed, was it voted over and over. No.

It is not a referendum proposed it is a “stop Brexit” idea under the guise of democracy. The last general election was called to further confirm the public view.
Pro leave politics won again.

That so called petition was signed from by bots and half the world and those rightfully not entitled to vote as well which made it fraud and hence booted out and rightfully so.
Those marches are nothing but half of Europe, all of which (or many I should say.) are using this country for money and again no entitlement to vote nor even live here.

Has anyone heard such absurd views as people going around calling people racist for being British and proud of there country.
Not even every Brexiteer is British, I know of a few people that aren’t British or European and they have the same view as I have. And the poll here also confirms most members views on here too.
Only many just simply aren’t prepared to wrangle those who are sore losers.

And get no illusion I’m no Cameron fan boy, I didn’t like the man. But he won two elections and I andmillions of others had to ACCEPT that as being democracy. That was nearly 9 years ago.

Corbin does not represent the majority. He represents the immigrant / terrorist vote. In fact they even sympathise with them with the recent schoolgirl story.
He has been the downfall of that party in my book and is nothing but a communist.

Also even come up with a garden tax! Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #766127 30th Mar 2019 7:37pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>