v8steve2nd Mar 2019 7:02pm
parktag3rd Mar 2019 5:11am

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 31 <123 ... 293031>
Print this entire topic · 
smb

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Aww!!! I was enjoying this thread👹
For those that aren’t too sure yet on whether to buy all I can say is I have this for a puma 2.4 and a disco td5 and it has saved me a fortune so far. With its weight in gold👍
Post #759426 18th Feb 2019 4:17pm
nitram17

This takes me back to the shower scene in dallas........ Or was it stepford wives or the invasion of the body snatchers. Wait a minute I think I have the legs to pull of the Virginia mayo role in the secret life of Walter Mitty.....as I am writing thi on my crappy phone I cannot see if martins cleaning up has removed me from the group buy..if not I will do so this evening as owning a my2015 the nancom does not yet meet my needs ..I will be the first to put my name down and pay full price once Colin solves the alarm module problem.good luck with your group buy fellas I'm sure it will be good value Thumbs Up

Edit.............. just got back from work thanks Martin for removing me from the group buy as i just couldnt justify purchasing such an expensive item with its limitations for defender my2015 and later owners. Thumbs Up

Last edit and final comment from me :Just so the above comment doesnt make me look even more bonkers Martin has deleted several pages of comment on the nancom group buy ...so those unfortunate enough to have read them will know why and those who havent will be non the wiser!
Post #759432 18th Feb 2019 5:03pm
Devon-Rover

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
Thinking out loud so please don't shoot me..

I have my own puma defender, I look after my fathers DII but there is also occasional looking after a friends D2 and TD5 defender. Now none so far have needed anything beyound a cheapy code read which I've done at work but I'm gonna be snookered if something major happens. e.g BCU, keyfobs, ABS bleed, injector coding etc etc....

So I would buy the nanocom defender 2.2 then unlock code for TD5 EMS and disco 2 systems right? Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #760629 24th Feb 2019 9:46pm
derbywill

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
I recently purchased a Nanocom at Christmas time but would be interested in an additional unlock code if possible?

Cheers

Will 2005 90 XS
1954 86'' Series 1 tilt
Post #760691 25th Feb 2019 1:03pm
Adam17

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
Get ya names down chaps and lasses, only 2 more before the buy! Very Happy Regards
Adam

Loving The Duchess
The Defender 110 TD5 XS

My Defender story - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic64005.html
Post #760968 27th Feb 2019 11:24am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 
@ Devon Rover

Absolutely right and as you are purchasing the additional unlock codes at the same time as making your system order in thi group buy, you will also get the 20% discount on these too.

@ Derbywill
I am sorry, but we don't accept orders in group buys for existing owners later expanding coverage of their Nanocoms to other models etc.

I can but only hope that you might appreciate that from our perspective, there is quite a difference between us offering a discount to a new customer, who may not be sure of the true worth, benefit and quality of what they are thinking about purchasing at something 10 times the cost / risk of adding additional capabilites to our existing customers who already know, which is likely why they wish to add to their equipments capabilities.

@ All and smb
I don't know how many here may know about the quite advanced and unique ability of the Nanocom to be far more usefull than as just a great Diagnostic equipment system, that you use only when you think you have a problem.

For those that don't know, the Nanocom has an additional function we call an instrument Mode that provides one of a small selectable numbers of retro Digital like displays of additional data that is displayed in real time from a vehicles Engine management that I personally use on my own RRS every day.

Using our optional windscreen mount and the 180 Degree screen rotation option I can place this additional Instrument as suits me best

Click image to enlarge

Although we have recently added more pages and accessible information and it has always been possible to set the Nanocom up to go directly to this whenever it is powered up, we recently took this advanced and unique instrument mode feature / function to a whole new level.

By example and explaination although I could add a relay to my OBDII socket and have the Nanocom Automatically power up with the Ignition, When I start a trip i simpy press lightly anywhere on the Nanocoms Screen for a couple of seconds until it beeps. It then starts and with me having set it to start in the instrument mode it does so, However it now remembers the last of the various Instrument mode Pages I was last using and so shows that same page.

I have also used the new auto recording feature and so my Nanocom automatcally opens a new and numerically incremented CSV file on my inserted SD card and records all the Data, not just the stuff on the page I may have been watching.

So one day, I am thinking that my RRS seemed a bit under performing when I overtook a Honda civic on my wat to the office or felt some other concern, In my own time, even a day or two later I can pull the SD card and open the recorded CSV file with our new CSV and free to download CSV Viewer application.

This allows near endless filtering, comparison and monitering as well as playback at different speeds, zooming and so much more like Combining graphs.

This video barely does this software and beyond diagnostic capability of the nanocom justice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AukR8icbK1M

I hope this helps

ATB

Colin
Post #761017 27th Feb 2019 4:30pm
Adam17

even more excited about the purchase now!

Did I see somewhere that you can view the boost psi? Regards
Adam

Loving The Duchess
The Defender 110 TD5 XS

Post #761147 28th Feb 2019 10:38am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 
@ Adam17

Although I am pretty sure we cover Intake manifold pressures for most Engine Managements, I am unsure as to exactly what live data parameters are provided for each of the many engine types in the Nanocoms instrument mode, but given that this feature is an extra benefit that no other diagnostic system offers, hence I mention it, anything is a big plus and better than nothing for something many may imagine is only a Diagnostic system.

@ all
I did not even mention the improvements also recently made to the existing over temperature warning function the nanocom also offers.

Actually it was quite interesting to note that I myself could get this coolant over temperature feature of the Nanocom to trigger at just about the same point in my own homeward journey each and every day at a point that I could never resist pushing things harder than usual.

I could have just added a degree or 2 more on the nanocoms over temperature setup page, to stop this, as it was set pretty low, but instead used this to help my guys refine and improve the Audiable and Visual warnings given when this occurs.

Actually its been quite fun and interesting for me to review the captured values on a dailly basis via the CSV viewer app and per each journey, to such a degree where I can see exactly when and where I overtook a couple of cars on my way into the office including when I did not fully floor the Accelerator pedal like I thought I did.

Even via the vehicle speed and throttle postion data alone, I can see exactly when I got stuck behind that slow / learner driver and when I overtook him / her etc and see the roads I could open up on and the traffic islands I had to wait at and when i was going up or down hill.

These aspects are just one of the many benefits the Nanocom uniquely provides that even existing owners may well not have known about or benefitted from, especially if they have not updated their Nanocoms firmware recently or downloaded the free CSV viewer App.

Regards

Colin
Post #761526 2nd Mar 2019 1:46pm
v8steve

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
after much pondering i'll have 1. name added. 2.4 2007 puma
a little excited now Thumbs Up 110 xs s/wagon
s3 swb soft top
Post #761563 2nd Mar 2019 7:04pm
Notyalc

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Good decision!

We just need one more and we are good to go!
Post #761591 2nd Mar 2019 8:52pm
parktag

France 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
My injectors need doing soon so count me in. 2.4 TDCI 130 crew cab
98 V8 Disco
Post #761625 3rd Mar 2019 5:13am
MJN110

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 Landmark LE Montalcino Red
Count me in as well that makes 13 of us.
I am unable to add my name to the list it wont let me? 2016 Defender Landmark 90
2005 Defender CSW TD5 90XS
Post #761626 3rd Mar 2019 5:59am
Super7

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Rutland Red
Please add me to the list Thumbs Up '99 TD5 Defender 90
'52 Series 1 80"
'99 Caterham 7
Post #761653 3rd Mar 2019 9:29am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 
Hiya All

I note that the number has risen to above the required minimum of 12 Interested participants, hence I have set up a Discount code etc and make this latest Nanocom Group buy officially open. Thumbs Up

The eligibility requirements are:

To eliminate anyone signing up just to gain a discount, I am setting an forum membership eligibility start date as 1st February 2019

To give everyone plenty of time, I have set the end date as April 30th 2019.

Any member meeting this join date eligibility criteria can participate in this Group buy event and does not need to have been on the initial list of interested participants.

Eligible orders must include a minimum of at least one Nanocom Kit, and the discount will also be applied to additional unlock codes for that kit which are purchased at the same time, including any accessories with the exclusion of Remaps and the Can Lock. It cannot be used to add additional unlock codes to an Existing Nanocom.

Orders can be made via the on line web shop at the nanocom-diagnostics.com web site Shop
https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/shop

The Promo code to use during the checkout to get this 20% discount is DEFENDER2N. You will than need to PM me your order reference number ASAP.

Those not using / entering the code or not sending me a PM with their order reference number will permanently loose eligibility, so please do not forget to do these 2 simple steps.

Anyone with any problems or questions needs to fill in a contact us form found on the Nanocom-diagnostics.com web site.
https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/contact

Regards

Colin
Post #761670 3rd Mar 2019 10:55am
Adam17

PM sent for info Very Happy Regards
Adam

Loving The Duchess
The Defender 110 TD5 XS

Post #761887 4th Mar 2019 4:18pm